Smithfield Chicken-N-Bar-B-Q Employee Reviews

Worse Place To Work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 17, 2018
When I was interviewed, it seemed like a pretty good deal until after being hired, they trained you and taught what you needed to know, however they didn't warn you about competition for hours. I went asking for 20-30 hours, and they worked me 10-12 hours, when I approached the manager that hired me, he told me that he hired all these people, 40 to be exact and had spread hours around and make sure the employees that have been were taken care of, I didn't expect that at all.

The hiring process was very confusing, the work schedule never posted online so therefore you either called or took the time and gas to drive to the work place every Friday to get your schedule for the following week, sometimes it was completed sometimes not, when it was changed, no one notifies and makes seem like it your fault.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
lack of hours, pay and respect
Rough place to work with children
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJuly 2, 2018
Long hours, and days off are hard to get when you want them.
required 62 hours a week makes for no family time.
constant fear of losing your job with no training class or schedule to follow
Poor management
Food runner and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCJune 14, 2018
Employees were treated unfairly and there was a lot of theft as well as drug use. Manager constantly berated employees. Over all unproductive work environment.
Badly treated, favoritism, Unprofessional
All positions (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 11, 2018
Unprofessional management, unsanitary, Low customer care, saw many unwanted things while working here including dirty dishes, bad potatoes, raw chicken, and old bbq.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Mistreated
Sold
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 3, 2018
Typical day was 8-10 hours company was sold an hours were cut. Hardest par t was that there were no breaks given throughout the day. Crew was misable after rushes due to lack of breaks.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
No breaks
Don't recomend this!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 7, 2018
I was a full time employee and worked about 12 hours a week. Very unstable. Not good for a family, they have favorites, and very bad management. Only good thing was the food
Needs Improvement
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 16, 2018
Smithfield's could honestly be alot better if everyone was treated with the same all around respect. I've seen many people come and go with in the last years of of working here, and that says alot to me. Hopefully, they improve their work ethics within the next few years.
Pros
Employee meals are half off
Cons
Rarely get breaks, Unfair treatment
smithfield
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCApril 11, 2018
It was a good environment to be in, the management just wasn't where it needed to be. I enjoyed working there though. The customer service was great so were the customers.
Not such a good idea
Manager and Training GM (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCFebruary 28, 2018
your day will running around 13-15 hours per day, and pretty much everything is your task to hold it up to your time managing, and benefit is not bad but jsut the hours
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hours
Very crazy place to work
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Ogden, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Main issue here is the management. You will run into managers that do not put in nearly as enough effort as they should. Employees often run the store
Pros
50%off food
Cons
Most things
typical family working environment
cashier (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCFebruary 20, 2018
I would come in on most days to friendly " hellos" from my fellow coworkers. I normally start off helping the person that I would be relieving finish up so they could leave on time.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 19, 2018
The workplace was very comfortable and friendly. The customers were very nice and so were the coworkers! Clean workplace. They do everything they can to make sure our customers are always happy.
Great customer service and a positive attitude.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 18, 2018
Enjoyed working in that facility.
Exhibited solid customer service.
Assisted customers with orders.
Demonstrated effective communication skills with co-workers and customers.
Pros
Safe working enviroment.
Cons
No benefits.
Fun working enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shallotte, NCFebruary 9, 2018
Management was okay except they would not listen to people about when they could or could not work. Hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with rude customers and keeping your mouth shut. I learned how to work a headset, and how to bag food.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Over worked
Fun family environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCFebruary 3, 2018
I had a management team who was a married and the were awsom.. I also had team members who were will to take the time to train me on everything I wanted to learn about. It was a great place to improve my skills in leadership.
Pros
Family-friendly
Cons
Long days
Crazy, rushing around
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Siler City, NCJanuary 31, 2018
I've worked there a long time. The job of dining room is not difficult. Headset and backline is the most difficult. But you must be a people person and learn to just smile and nod when the customer is beinf extremely rude
Don’t work here, terrible place
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 28, 2018
Managers favor certain employees and will talk about you to other employees. Yells at you in front of customers, and will not handle any situation in a mature matter.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Bad management
long hours and low pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 23, 2018
Management is underpaid for all that they are expected to do. Workweeks were consistently 60+ hours a week and taking time off was nearly impossible, even for personal family matters. Strict policies, but it ensured fresh food and good service for customers. While the job was stressful the team was the best part of the job. Managers and associates were great to work with, the team was more like family than coworkers. If you're thinking about management here, be prepared to give up a social or home life; they demand the store be first above anything
Pros
great team, health insurance
Cons
long hours, poor pay
Great
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to Work, learned a lot about myself. You get the opportunity to work with great people. A great stepping stone for anyone looking for a more career minded Job. Worked with my school schedule well.
not a great place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 15, 2018
The hiring manager made it sound like a great work place, and that the employees were important . After working there, I found that alot of it was not true. From making managers work 6 days, 12 hours a day, and making them lie on the weekly inventory sheets so the area managers could get bonus, to having hourly employees being sent hom as soon as the come in because the had a tattoo on their arm that could be seen partially under their sleeves, AFTER being hired with it.