Smithfield Chicken-N-Bar-B-Q Employee Reviews

horrible to work at
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCSeptember 15, 2018
boring and lazy mangers. They would sit aroung and watch employees do everything while they ate and talked. Horrible working conditions. Roaches everywhere.
Work Life balance
Manager/ Director of Training (Current Employee) –  NCSeptember 14, 2018
Due to the Number of hours required to work, There is Little to NO work life balance.
Makes it very difficult to recruit as well as retain quality people.
Operates Under Excellent Management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Siler City, NCAugust 20, 2018
The management at this restaurant truly care for their employees and do everything in their power to ensure they are cared for. The work was sometimes stressful during busy times and employees often work long hours, but they are encouraged and rewarded when they do a good job. The work environment is very positive and rules are enforced clearly and fairly. This is a very good place to work!
Pros
Given many hours, discount on food during shift, management that cares for you
Cons
Long hours on your feet the whole time
Did not like working here
Cashier and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCAugust 17, 2018
Although this was decent work, the amount of creepy and disgusting customers that were here was appalling. the entire reason I left was because there was one specific customer that my manager know sexually harassed me while I was working, but she did nothing to stop it.
Don't work here
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere with the customer and my coworkers, that was the extent of the good experience. The company itself could care less about their employees. As long as you worked was their mentality. They wouldn't give you enough hours to do anything with, say there is an option to advance but when you showed interest they scooted around the subject. You would have to find someone to cover you when out, but if they had there hours more than 24 a week they couldn't take your spot even for emergencies. Just not a good company to work for.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Everything else
very nice place to work and keep you busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCJuly 31, 2018
Smithfields was an enjoyable environment to work . My manager was a very good and direct employer. Smithfields has open oppurtunites to grow in your work place .
I would not go back or recommend it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 24, 2018
Working here triggered my fibromyalgia and caused me to have two slight herniated disk. There was favoritism and the management was childish and caused drama and acted like they were in high school.
Not family oriented or flexible with hours. Training is almost non existant
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJuly 17, 2018
Managers, which are almost exclusively hired from outside instead of promoting from within, get zero formal training and instead guess at work which leads to a chaotic and unorganized work environment. No team building skills to speak of in this company.
Worse Place To Work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 17, 2018
When I was interviewed, it seemed like a pretty good deal until after being hired, they trained you and taught what you needed to know, however they didn't warn you about competition for hours. I went asking for 20-30 hours, and they worked me 10-12 hours, when I approached the manager that hired me, he told me that he hired all these people, 40 to be exact and had spread hours around and make sure the employees that have been were taken care of, I didn't expect that at all.

The hiring process was very confusing, the work schedule never posted online so therefore you either called or took the time and gas to drive to the work place every Friday to get your schedule for the following week, sometimes it was completed sometimes not, when it was changed, no one notifies and makes seem like it your fault.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
lack of hours, pay and respect
Rough place to work with children
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJuly 2, 2018
Long hours, and days off are hard to get when you want them.
required 62 hours a week makes for no family time.
constant fear of losing your job with no training class or schedule to follow
Poor management
Food runner and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCJune 14, 2018
Employees were treated unfairly and there was a lot of theft as well as drug use. Manager constantly berated employees. Over all unproductive work environment.
Badly treated, favoritism, Unprofessional
All positions (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 11, 2018
Unprofessional management, unsanitary, Low customer care, saw many unwanted things while working here including dirty dishes, bad potatoes, raw chicken, and old bbq.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Mistreated
Sold
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 3, 2018
Typical day was 8-10 hours company was sold an hours were cut. Hardest par t was that there were no breaks given throughout the day. Crew was misable after rushes due to lack of breaks.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
No breaks
Don't recomend this!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 7, 2018
I was a full time employee and worked about 12 hours a week. Very unstable. Not good for a family, they have favorites, and very bad management. Only good thing was the food
Needs Improvement
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 16, 2018
Smithfield's could honestly be alot better if everyone was treated with the same all around respect. I've seen many people come and go with in the last years of of working here, and that says alot to me. Hopefully, they improve their work ethics within the next few years.
Pros
Employee meals are half off
Cons
Rarely get breaks, Unfair treatment
smithfield
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCApril 11, 2018
It was a good environment to be in, the management just wasn't where it needed to be. I enjoyed working there though. The customer service was great so were the customers.
Not such a good idea
Manager and Training GM (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCFebruary 28, 2018
your day will running around 13-15 hours per day, and pretty much everything is your task to hold it up to your time managing, and benefit is not bad but jsut the hours
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hours
Very crazy place to work
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Ogden, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Main issue here is the management. You will run into managers that do not put in nearly as enough effort as they should. Employees often run the store
Pros
50%off food
Cons
Most things
typical family working environment
cashier (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCFebruary 20, 2018
I would come in on most days to friendly " hellos" from my fellow coworkers. I normally start off helping the person that I would be relieving finish up so they could leave on time.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 19, 2018
The workplace was very comfortable and friendly. The customers were very nice and so were the coworkers! Clean workplace. They do everything they can to make sure our customers are always happy.