Smithfield Foods

Smithfield Foods Employee Reviews

United States2,617 reviews

Found 2,617 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,633 reviews
coldhogmeatporkplantpackinghamproduction

its like family when you work there, there was never a time i wasnt able to get the help i needed on task

Featured review

Smithfield Foods selected this as a representative review
I loved working in the pork industry. I advanced in many areas. I had the support from my supervisor. He was a very easy going person to work with and made sure his department was safe.

Pros

overtime

far too many required 10 hour shifts but the pay is great

The Job is great as far as compensation goes. You'll always be exhausted and have almost no social life. I've said it many times though; if you're unable to punctual then its a waste of your time.

Smithfield Foods insights

Based on 1,910 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility

Great pay and benefits

The place is good. As always, there are good and bad supervisors. The training is not very good, but the pay check is great. You have to work 6 days. Some very nice people and some not so much. In general, I recommend the place.

Productive and has great opportunity career

I have learned many new things,continue to learn more and it give’s me a lot of confidence to improve myself and educate myself now i have fully confident to troubleshoot, fabricate and mechanical etc This is great place to learn, work and many more opportunities

Good place, Questionable management

I worked for the company for a couple of years. Overall okay place to work. I was a overnight worker and enjoyed the work and peace of mind of it all.

Very strict company

This is a vpp company, so it's hard to get work done. But it's a very safe place to work. The workers are from lots of different places. So very hard to understand what is going on and how to communicate what needs to be done.

Pros

Meat sales

Cons

Cold place to work

Bueno

Me gustaría otra vez trabajar en esa empresa me lleve buenas esperiencias muy agradecido

Fun place to work

I really loved this job! Everything about it was great. I hope to stay here for a long time. Maybe I can move up eventually, there’s a lot of room, for growth.

Pros

Love it

Great place to work.

It's a great company to work for. They offer great pay and they also offer some of the best benefits packages in the industry. Come see for yourself..

Good money

It's good money. Can be stressful depending where you work. Management could be better. Work life balance could be better. Issues aren't really resolved

Fun

Good job opportunity. Great place environment.if anyone need a great career job express employment is the best place to start,

Production

They are not concerned with their people’s health. If you get a serious illness you’re degraded on a regular basis. The benefits were the only thing keeping me there after a serious illness and surgeries.

Benefits

Cons

Long hours and six day work weeks

Non fun work environment

Not a fun work environment, management is a joke. The work load can be a lot. Half the staff is close to retirement age and when they can’t keep up with the work load the management takes it out on the younger staff. The management is extremely disrespectful to staff

Reliable and Rewarding

The only complaint I have is that production schedules are very "feast or famine." You either get more hours than you'd want, or not enough to live comfortably.

the worst work environment

Bad place to work the supervisors are a joke they are not professional just like the managment. the worst work environment the bosses are arrogant and never support.

Advancement

Working out this Idaho location. It is a small location. No room for any advancement. Typical of any other national company you’re just a number I believe that they think they’re taking care of us were compared to what they’re doing and taking home it doesn’t even relate.

Good pay, respectful people very understanding when it comes to your pros and cons of keeping a job and understanding, good place for a fresh start in life

Cool and easy

This was a ok place to work but they will literally work you to death.u can't be 1 minute late for breaks.you have to walk down 3 flights of stairs to get outside for break

workplace culture

Working with others that cared just as much as you did with livestock. being involved with making a difference with the livestock on the farms. Everyone cared.

benefits

Cons

communication

Management and training here is non existent

They hire 'Yes' men/woman as supervisors and managers. you don't need experience to be a supervisor but the workers need to be fully knowledgeable about a job that they have never done before.

Pros

long breaks depending on the position

Cons

supervision, no direction, made to work multiple positions at 1 time

work work work

they want u to work to many hours and to hard and to many days a week and its cold and they have there picks and the people there are mean and think there bater than everyone

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smithfield Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Smithfield Foods with

Smithfield Foods reviews by popular job title

• Smithfield Foods