Smiths Detection Employee Review

View all Smiths Detection reviews

Good first job but there are better places to work.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJune 1, 2015
Takes way too much effort to get anything done. This is what happens when you let shareholders run your company. No one wants to spend money, so all processes become very ineffecient and this is aggravated by taking on newer and more tenuously feasible obligations to customers in hopes of generating revenue.
Pros
Good people, little dirt. Air conditioning and heat. Free coffee and wifi.
Cons
The top management.

Other Smiths Detection Employee Reviews

Family oriented work place
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMarch 28, 2019
great company to work for. Interesting products. Benefits and salary are decent. Small company overall, hard to get promoted locally but opportunities may exist in other parts of the world as it's an international company.
Pros
Culture, benefits, pay
Cons
promotion potential
Great place and great people
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDJanuary 30, 2019
During my years at Smiths Detection I ran the model shop with another coworker. I was able to work with all engineers in a variety of projects. I was able to also work with the maintenance dept assisting with the production of tools or items needed for our company while holding the presidency of the union for many years. I am very proficient in welding, molding, trouble shooting and all skills that make me an expert in my field. Please refer to my resume for specifics. I truly enjoy difficult close tolerance assignments and collaborating with others.
One of my biggest priorities is providing great Customer service for internal and external customers.
Pros
Union benefits
Cons
expensive health benefits however my wife carries our benefits