Smoke Cartel Employee Reviews

Best coworkers
Shipper/Packer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Best work environment I ever experienced. Love the staff. It was always get your work done accurately but enjoy what you do also. Im no longer an employee but I try to visit and check up on my crew when I can.
High stakes and high rewards
Worker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 27, 2018
Smoke Cartel lives up to the hype! Managers are thoughtful and considerate. They care so much about the employees professionally and personally. Special treats, dinners out, fun lunches brought in, gifts, etc...

Yes, the work is hard and ever changing and it makes for an environment where only the strong survive and I'm okay with that. I trusted everyone on the team because I knew they could rise to the occasion.
Pros
room for growth, competitive pay, flexibility, team members, new and exciting
Cons
high stake deadlines, rapidly changing industry
Looked great on the surface but...
Grunt (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 17, 2018
Management is never around, job duties are constantly changed and you are reprimanded if you can't keep up. There is NO direction, no one is driving this boat. They flaunt their money around, yet pay people barely minimum wage. New people are brought in to help steer the ship, only to be ignored and forgotten about. 70% of the workforce was let go in one fell swoop. Products are never available, and the ones that are have been outdated for some time. They preach togetherness and teamwork, then disappear to their mansions never to be seen from again. WHAT JOKE!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Clique attitude, No management presence, No clear job duties
A lot of unkept promises
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 14, 2018
This company talks a good game but does not deliver on its mission or its management of employees. Directives aren’t clear and pivots happen too quickly to succeed. Policies aren’t written down and change on a whim.
Pros
Free lunches and a casual environment, basic healthcare and 401K
Cons
Unkept agreements, poor and uninformed decision making, paranoia at upper management levels
Place is a joke - not sure how it is a legitimate company
Worker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 14, 2018
Management? There is none... It's literally a few people trying to fix the owners scatter brained ways. There is no clear focus and with the amount of turnover you'll be doing the work of 16 other people. With that said mistakes are ALWAYS happening on a consistent bases and owners don't listen to you. Problems take days/weeks to resolved and shortcuts are taken in the mean time. Don't expect to turn this into a carear because the owners don't care about you and they create so much drama... Honestly, I have absolutely no idea how this company is functioning and I'm glad to be out of that mess!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Owners should not be running the company
Not What It Appears
Sales (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 15, 2018
The higher ups here make everything look great from the outside; it's a fun, dog-friendly, job where you can openly talk about smoking, etc. They give free lunches and free glass, but after you've been there for a while, you start to see past the "frosting". You are incredibly underpaid (less than what you can make at TARGET), with no vacation, PTO, or any benefits. The owners make TONS (and show off their wealth), and you get paid pennies. There is no job security; you make one mistake and are afraid of being fired. There isn't any room for growth either.
Pros
Free lunch, dog-friendly
Cons
No benefits, vacation; low-pay
Horrible!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 6, 2017
Associates are brought in and promised coaching of constructive criticism with a raise,doesn’t happen...Poor pay. Poor management. Inventory issues. 💩
Pros
Flexible schedule, college friendly, dog friendly
Cons
No pay raises. Poor management. Inventory issues.
Amazing, to say the least.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 1, 2016
Smoke Cartel is the best place for a young, creative individual to work at. When you work hard, our managers and CEO notice it, and everybody gets treated like they're family. I have never had such a comfortable job in my life. The founders and owners inspire me daily. At such a young age they were able to build an amazing business with the intent to provide excellent customer service. There are always new opportunities, everybody is heard, and problems are always solved. Our schedule is flexible, and we all have opportunities to report issues, or make suggestions about policies. People get raises if they show a pattern of responsibility, great work ethic, and drive. The hardest part of the job so far is making sure every customer is taken care of, but my other trusty team members make the work load manageable and fun! This company is growing at such a fast pace, showing our bosses are a force to be reckoned with. It will be a sad day when my life takes me elsewhere, because this is the first place I have ever felt like I could grow. People, you need to check us out and see what I'm talking about!
Pros
communication, parking, catered meetings, one on one time with CEOs, learning experiences
Cons
can't think of anything
Challenging and exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 26, 2016
Smoke Cartel is a rapidly developing startup and the attitude of the employees here reflect the flexible and growing nature of the industry. There is new work to be done every day, which makes work challenging and exciting on the reg.
smoke cartel, more than a job
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 28, 2016
I cant say enough good things about the time I've spent at the smoke cartel. The environment is unlike any other work culture I've ever experienced, everybody is relaxed and friendly but determined and focused on their work. Being a student the schedule has been incredibly flexible and accommodating while letting me work a full 40 hour week. The compensation is more than fair with plenty of chances for promotions. This company likes to promote from within and given their fast rate of growth, it is not hard to move up in the company with the right attitude and work ethic.
Pros
awesome environment, felxible schedule, friendly staff, free glass, community events, Friday lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smoke Cartel. Our community is ready to answer.

Smoke Cartel Reviews by Location