Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Good
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 7, 2018
It is a good company to work for and enjoy a good life balance with your family and friends great benefit and pay and the hours are pretty good that you still get to do the good life things
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Corporate
Easy to work for, Training could be better, Some teamwork
Head Server (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYOctober 3, 2018
Basic serving job. Ran out of certain food items often. Good communcation between some staff. They hire anyone even without experience. NO training for Hosts/Hostesses, so never an even rotation between tables. It basiclly a free for all. Kitchen would run out of food often, and kitchen was never responsable for messing up orders, they just blamed the servers and that effects your hours. Very casual dresscode (work t-shirt and blue jeans).
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Survey based Schedule/Hours
This place needs help
Server (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 1, 2018
I don't hate the company. I loved my job. I honestly think the general manager shouldn't be a manager. I'm glad that I'm not there to deal with it anymore
Pros
Co workers are cool. You keep your tips
Cons
No future opportunities, poor management, general manager is not manager
Smokey Bones was a pleasure to work at
Host (Former Employee) –  Tyngsborough, MASeptember 22, 2018
A typical day as a Host at Smokey Bones consisted of answering phone calls, greeting customers, showing them to and from their tables and answering any questions they may have. While working in the restaurant business I learned that communication skills and team work are essential in creating an efficient work place as well as having satisfied customers.
well place to work very fast pace and you get awards.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 17, 2018
A typical day is clock in on time and get with manager to see what we are up against you also lean various types of foods management is always on point.Good culture. The hardest part in the job is closing.But best part is making people happy there by socializing about positive things.
Very enjoyable job, up beat environment, great employees
Hostess, Takeout (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 15, 2018
At Smokey Bones I learned how to communicate in a fast paced environment. I built great friendships with my co workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to provide our customers with good and friendly service and leaving a positive impact on their day.
Fun workplace with great patio and great bar
Server (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PASeptember 11, 2018
Fun place to work where servers can be themselves and bring fun personalities to create an awesome environment, which is most enjoyable. The GM is great and steps in when things get stressful for everyone. The harudest thing was things could get a little unorganized when everyone doesn’t work together. But when everyone did their part it was a great place to work.
Pros
High volume, fast paced
Cons
A little hectic sometimes
Fun Place to work
Wait Staff/Weekend (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILSeptember 9, 2018
I have worked for Smokey Bones for 3 years.
I enjoyed my co-workers and guests.
The food is very, very good.
It is a fast paced restaurant and lively and fun
Productive and fun place to work
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 6, 2018
I absolutely love working for Smokey Bones Fire Grill & Bar. I was promoted from the bar to management.. Its definitely filled with culture, loud music, and creativity. The hardest part of any restaurant job would be dealing with guest and the staff;at the same time it is the most enjoyable part. I feel as if I'm more than a manager to my staff, i give them guidance and advice. Lastly, I truly enjoy giving a guest the most remarkable customer experience.
Pros
50% discount, pto, vacation, insurance
Cons
open everyday of the year; closes at 2a.m
Awesome sauce
Dishwasher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 5, 2018
Great place to work you'll definitely be fired up working here , hours are tricky at times , the discounts are worth it , the pay is pretty decent you'll actually have a work/life balance , overall a nice place of employment
Loved my job
Kitchen, Service, and Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 2, 2018
I loved working for Smokey bone. It was a fun atmosphere, the general manager was amazing he was always teaching us new things. The staff loved their job and would always come to work happy.
Pros
It was a great company
Cons
No breaks
Cool place
Office Manager/Greeter/Catering/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 1, 2018
Cool place to work. Used to always be busy but then sales started to decline when we got rid of things that made our guests happy like the NFL ticket package. We lost so much business. They took away our karaoke and DJ nights. Unfortunately it’s been slow for the past year or so but we’re hoping to make a come back so we can make more money. Other than that everyone that works there genuinely enjoys working there. We all have a good time and work together as a team.
Pros
Relaxed environment, everyone works together
Cons
Decline in guests so decline in money
Best place to start in the service industry
Server (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 14, 2018
I have worked from Smokey bones for two years and I can say that it is a pretty good job. The costumers are annoying yes, but your staff is always friendly and your managers always try to keep your in mind.
This place is something
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 13, 2018
This might just be the restaurant that I worked at but, they made life stressful. The cooks were god awful witch makes it a very difficult place to work. Our Gm randomly assigned people to management positions that clearly did not deserve it making the job dreadful.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Server (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 8, 2018
Management is very understanding with your needs. Smokey Bones is a great place to work if you need flexible hours. They work with you on what you need.
The most relaxed,stressful,fun job ive had
Bartender/Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 7, 2018
you get back what you put in most cases but sometimes you can be completely dumbfounded by how something turned out,for better or worse.but all in all Id consider going back
Horrible place to work will never go back
Server/Hostess/KP (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 29, 2018
The management there is absolutely horrible and job security is the worst I would never go back to that place even if it was the last job on earth. Don't work there!
Pros
half off food
Cons
long hours and horrible management
Bowie location sucks
Server/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 26, 2018
Don't waste your time. you will very rarely make any money and the managers don care about whether you do or don't. Only thing is some of your coworkers will be cool the rest act like this place is high school
Depends on your manager
Hostess, Server (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PA 19454July 22, 2018
This place can be great or awful depending on who you work for. The corporate culture is pretty corny but thats really it. Good coworkers make or break it all.
Smokey Bones is a great place to work.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 16, 2018
Smokey Bones is the best place I’ve ever worked. It is focused on team work. The management was great and my coworkers were like family. It is really a lot of fun!
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Not too many benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight