Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Server (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 8, 2018
Management is very understanding with your needs. Smokey Bones is a great place to work if you need flexible hours. They work with you on what you need.
The most relaxed,stressful,fun job ive had
Bartender/Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 7, 2018
you get back what you put in most cases but sometimes you can be completely dumbfounded by how something turned out,for better or worse.but all in all Id consider going back
Horrible place to work will never go back
Server/Hostess/KP (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 29, 2018
The management there is absolutely horrible and job security is the worst I would never go back to that place even if it was the last job on earth. Don't work there!
Pros
half off food
Cons
long hours and horrible management
Bowie location sucks
Server/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 26, 2018
Don't waste your time. you will very rarely make any money and the managers don care about whether you do or don't. Only thing is some of your coworkers will be cool the rest act like this place is high school
Depends on your manager
Hostess, Server (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PA 19454July 22, 2018
This place can be great or awful depending on who you work for. The corporate culture is pretty corny but thats really it. Good coworkers make or break it all.
Smokey Bones is a great place to work.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 16, 2018
Smokey Bones is the best place I’ve ever worked. It is focused on team work. The management was great and my coworkers were like family. It is really a lot of fun!
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Not too many benefits
Terrible management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 10, 2018
The place is a joke. Its absolutely terrible to work for this company. At least the location in mentor. The management staff is a joke. They have the worst turnover rate ever
Good place to work.
Culinary Manager/ Assistant GM (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 10, 2018
Overseeing previous days sales verses last years and labor cost.
I Adjusted prep list generated by computer.
Employee development goals and actions..
Pros
Advancement and feedback to and from.
Cons
Newly owned by a requisition company.
Fun casual fast paced entertainment
Server, Hostess, Expediter, Team-member (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for Smokey Bones in the beginning when I was properly trained, scheduled and coached. However, a shift in management quickly changed my interest in working at this establishment unfortunately.
It was a great place to work but the environment was mentally unhealthy for me, mostly everyone was rude.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 25, 2018
Smokey Bones is a great job, just very stressful environment. Customers were very nice the place was clean all the time the cooks were really friendly, the servers gave the hosts a hard time often and didn’t communicate but instead lash out.
Pros
Discounts, fun customers
Cons
Attitude
Awesome coworkers bad management
Bartender/server (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLJune 12, 2018
I have worked with Smokey bones for 3 + years and I love my coworkers. We all work together to get our job done. The flaws with this company is with management. They all like to point fingers and never take blame for anything. They always push the good managers out due to dumb issues and it's honestly just sad. I have seen a plethora of different managers while working with this company and only a hand full would make it worth staying and working for Smokey bones. Unfortunately those managers tend to leave for the same reasons. And it's unfortunate
Pros
Coworkers, a busy work environment, fun environment
Cons
Usually busy, but some poor management
HOSTESS/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 11, 2018
Typically, work was busy during dinner. Usually had a dinner rush. I did not learn too much that I did not already know. The majority of the managers were nice and were fair toward their employees, but the GM was very rude at times and often times unreasonable toward employees.
Good starter job
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 7, 2018
Learn essentials to bartending, it was a good jump off point but favoritism is a thing for management when it comes to advancement.

Managers were not professional and it showed in their work ethic, making it hard to set a good example for employees.

I very much enjoyed my job there, but it came with a toll of stress and drama and more responsibility than compensation
Pros
Family friendly, great hour availability
Cons
Drama, irresponsible management
Management Sucked
Prep/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 5, 2018
The manager turnover rate was insane we always had a new GM and they would switch things around and and confuse the rest of the crew and the hours would constantly get cut meaning employees would either have to find another job or quit.
terrible
Waitress/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 3, 2018
terrible place to work. management is lazy. kitchen is slow. they often run long ticket times. nasty kitchen. employees do what they want. business is super slow, no money to be made there.
Greatest place but management failed
Server/Waiter/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 21, 2018
Most days were smooth rides yes hiccups but everybody loved everybody. I learned you can get laxed early but you will not lose drive. Management was the embodiment of virtue, up until they felt the need to have management from Chilis organizations move in for positions other people have been working for. New management killed it the worst way. Hardest part was trying to move up just to serve. Best part was the servers, we made that place and once we were treated poorly it lost.
Pros
Free food, great friends (2014 era)
Cons
Management tyrants
Time well spent
Server/Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FL 32707May 18, 2018
Everyday at Smokey Bones was a great day. Team work was definitely in full effect. The entire restaurant stayed busy. I learned a lot working at Smokey Bones. This was one of the bigger restaurants I've worked for so there were larger parties and more fast paced. So dealing with multiple personalities all at once was sometimes a challenge, but I always got the job done. I was known to take over the larger group of people because I did such a good job at it. During this time we worked as a team when it was needed. The best part about helping people and customer service is being able to give them the most memorable experience. Always going the extra mile to please the customer.
It was ok
Hostess and Busser (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 11, 2018
Being a hostess was ok I made a good friend out of the experience. I'd recommend being a server instead of a hostess. Servers have it easier than hostess. There's not as much heavy lifting as a server.
productive place to work
MIT (Manager in Training)/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 10, 2018
Smokey bones has a great working atmosphere. The co-workers are nice and helpful. They allow you to work your way up the ladder to becoming a manager.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
short breaks
Decent and Enjoyable place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 2, 2018
A good and easy job for someone who possible works multiple jobs. Management was very good at accommodating any needs I had or any days I needed off, and there were usually people available to cover if need be.
Pros
half off employee meal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight