Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Review

View all Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill reviews

Darden concept, fast-casual BBQ restaurant
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 6, 2013
I would monitor and supervise all kitchen activities, train and coach teammates, and help create a productive, friendly and energetic atmosphere. I enjoyed Darden's logistical and technical support. Virtually every decision or problem had an intensely researched corporate protocol in place to assist you. They offered a good benefits package and 401K. The manager were supportive and the advancement opportunities were virtually endless. Unfortunately, the entire chain of Smokey Bones restaurants were sold to another company and my position was eliminated.
Pros
Highly structured, regimented work environment. Good benefits.
Cons
Offered few creative choices.

Other Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Time well spent
Server/Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FL 32707May 18, 2018
Everyday at Smokey Bones was a great day. Team work was definitely in full effect. The entire restaurant stayed busy. I learned a lot working at Smokey Bones. This was one of the bigger restaurants I've worked for so there were larger parties and more fast paced. So dealing with multiple personalities all at once was sometimes a challenge, but I always got the job done. I was known to take over the larger group of people because I did such a good job at it. During this time we worked as a team when it was needed. The best part about helping people and customer service is being able to give them the most memorable experience. Always going the extra mile to please the customer.
It was ok
Hostess and Busser (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 11, 2018
Being a hostess was ok I made a good friend out of the experience. I'd recommend being a server instead of a hostess. Servers have it easier than hostess. There's not as much heavy lifting as a server.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight