Smoothie King Employee Reviews

Found 1,072 reviews matching the search See all 1,073 reviews
Fun easy job
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLApril 20, 2019
It’s a pretty simple job and it can be fun depending on if you get along with your coworker and who your managers are. There is a lot of standing so if that’s a concern I would think twice about it. Free 20 oz smoothie every shift.
Pros
Free smoothie, easy, chance to get promoted
Cons
Low pay, a lot of standing, working with you her kids
Everything was fine, but then people got fired and now its not. -_-
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Fishers, IN 96th streetApril 18, 2019
I have worked here for about a year now, and well i'm done. When i was first hired I got 40+ Hours a week. And then my main manager (The one who hired, and was supposed to train me) got fired from doing cash wrong ONE TIME, and she was NEW! After that my hours PLUMMETED to a measly 20+ Hours and i NEVER GOT TRAINED. From then on I had to wait everything out. Then ANOTHER manager got fired and now I had to be trained by teenage employees. And then They QUIT XD because they got tired of being ranted at by the BOSS MAN. Then he fired pretty much everyone except me and the only manager left. The store got new .... well EVERYTHING and now i cant keep up X(

DO NOT WORK HERE unless you love a challenge like i do.
Pros
The new manager is nice, pays weekly, has full time
Cons
Everything is a mess right now i have too many to count, Too much drama!
Very productive, and fun place to be.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSApril 17, 2019
I absolutely love Smoothie King, and would recommend it to anyone! The management is tremendous, and helps us with so much. My typical work day is chill, just making people smoothies that they want.
Pros
Free 20oz smoothie.
Cons
None.
Terrible
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 16, 2019
Management is rude, they don not separate business from their personal life. People including management were caught stealing. They don’t keep up with maintenance, they have rates and roaches. Working here was a terrible experience. We kept running out of stuff due to the fact that management allowed the other store to keep taking our inventory when they ran out. Maybe another smoothie king is better to work at. Do not work at Silver Spring or Aspen Hill they are ran by the same management.
good starting point for young people
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSApril 16, 2019
The man I worked for at Smoothie King was a terrible business owner. He would often forget to order certain supplies that were necessary for normal function. He would also take money out of our paychecks. I loved the job itself but working for him was a nightmare.
Pros
get to have a free smoothie during shift
Cons
no food breaks even if you worked 6+ hour shifts.
Fun Workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 15, 2019
A typical day at work is interacting with customers on a daily basis as well as with your co-workers. At Smoothie King I learned to be more social and learned healthy eating habits. Management is great at the company since many of the positions are taken by reliable college students. Our workplace culture is always to have fun while working and helping each other not only at work but even outside like our university. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to the job when I was first hired. The most enjoyable part is being able to interact with clients and co-workers.
Pros
Free Smoothies, great people
Cons
Short Breaks
Great job
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAApril 15, 2019
A great first job. It requires a lot of cleaning but when team members work together it goes by way faster. Its definitely a team job. You're never working on something Alone.
Overall good
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 15, 2019
Fast paced. Some crew members are great and frequent customers and so kind. Mangment is rocky but overall a great company with health on shift food options
Great job better management
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 12, 2019
It was a easy job. You go in and get to work make smoothies and service customers. Nice employees. The only bad thing was 5 dollar Friday, and the best part was a small smoothie a day.
not a great place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  TXApril 11, 2019
This was my first job, at the location I worked at the time we didn't have a manager so the store owner and a manager from a different location would come by sometimes but not often they would leave the whole store to people who were under the age of 20, it was terrible they really had favorites at this location, the store owner never held a meeting when I was there he would just write notes and put them throughout the store which was ridiculous, I didn't even have a proper break, my experience here was terrible.
Pros
easy job
Cons
management, hours, employees
Stay far away from the morrow location!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 10, 2019
Do not waste your time trying to work for the Smoothie King in Morrow. There is no manager on duty and it is everyone for themselves. Your paycheck will not match up with the hours you work and most employees quit or are fired soon after being hired due to poor management.
Pros
Being employed
Cons
No management, drama
Interesting
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 10, 2019
A typical working day for me would be starting my morning off with paper work and making smoothies as people come in. I've learned how to be organized, manage my time and multitask. Hardest part of the job would be starting off but everything after that has been a breeze after you pick up what you need to do.
Pros
free smoothie every shift
Fun but fast paced
Cashier/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2019
Good work for experience. Very fast paced environment. Would like more structure on quality. Seasonal position. No opportunity for growth and leadership.
Pros
Busy work
Cons
Busy work
Great Place for Students!
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 8, 2019
I love Smoothie King! It’s a great place for students both High School and College. Lots of flexibility with scheduling and fun working environment. Very easy to move up with if you have good work ethic and leadership skills.
Pros
Free Smoothie each shift, Coworkers, Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work with flexible hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 6, 2019
Smoothie king was a fun place to work. There was always positive energy. It was my first job and I learned a lot. Unfortunately due to their hours changing in the winter, my hours were cut by a lot and I had to get another job.
I enjoyed my time there
Smoothie Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 6, 2019
Smoothie King was my first job. I started when I was 16 and worked there for three months before going to Philly Pretzel Factory. I was hired along with two of my friends and I enjoyed my time there. It was a good first job.
Management was terrible!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 6, 2019
I worked at Smoothie King for about half a year as a Junior in college. In the duration of that time span I was brought into work drama between coworkers and the manager, improper training, poor work environment, low wage, and all around a terrible environment especially for a simple job as a smoothie maker. After that experience and finding out my manager was selling illegal substances and tarnishing the employees, I vowed to never work at smoothie king ever again. Besides that, the smoothies are tasty.
Pros
Smoothies
Cons
Everything but the smoothies
Easy, stressful, under payed.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78414April 5, 2019
The job is quite easy, but the workload is overwhelming. Especially working for an owner who does not appreciate anything that is done. Lazy upper management, has unqualified employees in main roles such as store managers and area managers. I was self taught. My experience gave me the upper hand over everyone. There is so much potential in this business but there is no delegation among managers and upper management. This company needs qualified employees in the main roles to ensure the most profit being earned. The employees are fun and energetic but always complain about the raises and hourly pay.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay rate
Good if you don't ask for a raise. Fine teenage job.
Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 2, 2019
It can be fast paced as well as super slow. They hire whoever no matter the background. You won't be fired no matter what unless you ask for a raise. Other than that it was fun. The owner and the district manager refused to enforce cleanly proceedures so I found mold on a lot of blenders but was not allowed to write anyone up.
Pros
1 free smoothie per shift
Cons
Lack of discipline, no background checks
Very great first job. Really prepared me to survive in a fast pace work place and how to make customers happy.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 2, 2019
The company was a very well ran company under a great management. A great management will help the employees get along and work together better. This job was a miracle to work at and I was very grateful.
Pros
Free smoothie, discount
Cons
Short breaks, low hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smoothie King. Our community is ready to answer.