SMRS

SMRS Employee Reviews

Pleasant atmosphere for patients, clean patient rooms and cheerful setting for children. Quality nursing and medical providers. Current medical billing.
Hired as a PSS. Was given impression I would work2-3 days a week, in one month received 4 days. The training was nonexistent and person who was to assist me was difficult, had attitude and demeaning. There was no communication. In my 35 years of work experience this was the worse job experience
Pros
Given a binder to self train
Cons
Communication, training
EVS Management, Human Resources, Administration departments do not see eye-to-eye a lot of education has to be done in the upper management is this company is to succeed
Productive and interesting work environment. Educational on Medical career of being a Credentialing Coordinator. Great learning experience in the time of working there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
arrive in early AM, first 1-2 people are usually ADL's, then I perform Tx on full caseload consisting of 6-8 Pt's. Love my TPM, I predominantly deal with Geriatric population SNF (sub-acute and LTC). the hardest part of my job is seeing Pt's in pain and nothing I try helps relieve the pain. the most enjoyable part of my job is when I see my patients improve and go back to there PLOF/or home.
Cons
I drive to far from my home, would like something closer to home
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I do not really remember my time at SMRS. I do not recall anything at all for my time there. No idea what to write so just going to waste space to get the mininmum
I don't agree with the point system, I was 10 minutes early everyday and had points against me every Month. You had to take a telemetry test every six months.
In a transitional Healthcare marketplace, SMRS is a reasonable place to work. I worked at several LTAC hospitals in the area and I was treated fairly and honestly. The pharmacy work can be stressful, but I was given support and backing by the management. Overall, it was a good employment experience.
Pros
friendly staff, reasonal expectations for employment, good 401K plan
Cons
pharmacy work can be stressful, demanding at times
On a daily basis i checked patients in/out and answered phones. I would verify each patients insurance up to a week out in advance. I really enjoyed always helping others.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
There are always so many constantly moving parts and the communication is not always the greatest from the admin supervisors. Turn around is horrible b/c the pay is so low for the expectations of the position. Most of the management is great to work with- there are a few that do not handle situations very professional- those few have completely ruin my love of the job.
I loved my job initially, it was challenging and I enjoyed the team I worked with including management. But in the past 2-3 years the focus was less on the job and quality of work and more on competitiveness. Management would rather throw you under the bus than work with you to succeed.
Work culture was great. Administration was not stable, but supportive at times. Huge patient load and hard labor. Continuing education was convenient and easily accessible.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
large workload
Multiple locations with awesome cooperation with other skilled professionals. Was awesome to work there. Only reason for leaving was to take a job in the Delta that was 7 on 7 off
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Never had 2 days alike. Enjoyed the ability to work from home.Hardest part of the job was waiting for insu rance companies to authorize treatments.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Can't think of any
would be a great company if everyone worked as a team and got a long. This is a one floor facility so there is a lot of unprofessional behaviors that occur often.
Pros
Met some really awesome coworkers
Cons
long hours without a break, high turn over rate with management
Select has been a great place to work and grow, but a recent large project has caused increase stress and discontent between groups. Upper management pushes to get things done when project progression is beyond the control of most of the workers.
As a corporate employee my day typically started with travel, then finished with site review, document review and lengthy discussion about process improvement and action planning to achieve goals and corporate objectives. learned to multi-task, problem solve and trouble shoot. SMRS has a great culture with a team mentality that supports all members. the hardest part of the job was separation from my family due to the amount of travel. the most enjoyable part of the job was the people they are some of the best i ever had the opportunity to work for and with.
Pros
people, true culture of collaboration
Cons
travel.
Select Medical Corp was a decent place to work. I got along well with the other 30 or so employees. Myself and 3 other women were responsible for posting all insurance payments, patient payments etc. to account for a specific state. Balancing and correcting errors in accounts and rebilling insurances as well as patients.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Too far to travel
Great staff and supervisors. Always short patient care techs. Administration was poorly run. Supplies and medications frequently not stocked. Patient promised private rooms from the liasons and we only have 3 private beds.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Staffing
The work was challenging and fulfilling. However, the pay was not competitive and it was difficult to keep quality employees around. Management was demanding, in a good way and you felt part of a team.
This company can be a good place to work if you have the right people around you. Although, It is a lot of work and it can be very stressful. You have to be very organized.
  1. Employee Reviews