SMRS

SMRS Pay & Benefits reviews

In a transitional Healthcare marketplace, SMRS is a reasonable place to work. I worked at several LTAC hospitals in the area and I was treated fairly and honestly. The pharmacy work can be stressful, but I was given support and backing by the management. Overall, it was a good employment experience.
Pros
friendly staff, reasonal expectations for employment, good 401K plan
Cons
pharmacy work can be stressful, demanding at times
Work culture was great. Administration was not stable, but supportive at times. Huge patient load and hard labor. Continuing education was convenient and easily accessible.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
large workload
I started at Select to finish my externship and was hired upon completion, however the salary wasn't good for me. My manager was delightful to work for and overall a great place to be employed at.
Pros
culture is good
Cons
Very limited on leaving desk area due to time constraints with keying patient accounts.
If you like to be busy and learn new things on a daily basis, this is the job for you. However, know that there will be little to no recognition of a job well done or that the company could not or would not function without the position. The job is an excellent stepping stone to learn about healthcare on a very specific and finite scale. There is little to no opportunity in furthering your career.
Pros
fast-paced, learn new things everyday to keep the monotony out of the workplace
Cons
salary, little to no respect of the position and all that it entails
The clinical setting, working with colleagues and patients, makes the job enjoyable. I was originally hired under an umbrella company, and since the buy-out from Select Medical worker's compensation business has been pushed more. Good place to learn as entry-level, however not much room for advancement if you are not a clinician (PT,OT or ST). Have to use accrued PTO for scheduled closures due to holidays as an hourly employee, salaried employees do not.
Benefits
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I can only speak for the Clearwater/ Largo/ St. Petersburg, FL area, but I greatly enjoyed working at Select Medical. The days were long (3 11 hour days covering 7AM to 7 PM), but the days passed quickly with my incredible co-workers and great patients. Our referring MDs were quick to respond to questions or changes and my supervising PT was great -I learned so much! The district managers truly cared about my welfare, supported growth and new ideas/ treatments learned through CEUs. My benefits were great. I left because my spouse was relocated.
Pros
Benefits, paid CEUs, positive management
Cons
Typical corporate atmosphere, with lots of cubicles, and plenty of fluorescent lighting!! The work isn't terribly interesting, nor are the workers or management. Most days are pretty dull! But it's a decent paying job with good benefits!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor workplace culture, misguided management, little opportunity for advancement
fantastic company, was there for a long time until they oved to Add to dictionary pa. but over all great company to work for in anytime you looking
Pros
free luchs
Cons
short breaks
overall rehab and financial operations of the rehab department, PPS management, denial management, interdisciplinary coordination of services for patients.
benefits
Cons
political
The corporation has decreased benefits. They seem to be money driven versus patient care driven despite their mission statement and core values.
Pros
Great PTO benefits
Cons
The company "Model" is always changing based on who visits from corporate.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SMRS?
I enjoy the people I work with , and the fact that I am always busy. The benefits are great , however everyone's biggest complaint here is the pay rate . Quarterly bonuses are possible but not always promised .
I would say the benefits and PTO were good and I liked my co workers and patients. Management and administration is a different story. I went through 3 DORs before I completed a year of employment there, they either quit because they were fed up with the building or were forced out by administration of the building. Management constantly criticizes for productivity that is under 90% but does not give solutions to fix that or on documentation issues. Expect you to work overtime and to wait for new admissions to evaluate on the first day even when you do not have any work to do as all treatments are done and expect you to sit around even if it ends up being a two hours plus wait or if the patient comes at all. I could go over more but i don't want to ramble on. I would recommend not working for this company there are better places out there keep looking it is not worth it to work here.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers are nice, patients are nice
Cons
Excessive overtime, management is incompetent, no hope for advancement
My coworkers were like my second family. Management was horrible. They would say one thing and then do another behind your back. We went through 2 CEOs, 2 CNOs, and 4 RT managers in the 3 years I was there. The doctors only cares about how much money they were making. Most didn't even go into the rooms, just looked at the labs and write some orders. A lot of the orders would contradict each other. Horrible doctor to doctor communication. As long as management and doctors were making their bonuses, that's all that mattered. All they want are order following monkeys, no brain required.
Cons
Short to no breaks, still on the stoneage of paper charting, terrible benefits
As an athletic trainer, you get to see and cover it all. However, under school outreach contracts, the pay tends to be lower than average and you're required to work nights, weekends and holidays
Pros
Fun, Great starter position
Cons
Hours are not great for having a social life
Unrealistic demands, poor recognition, no raises, no reimbursement for CEU... Poor flexibility with schedule and no guarantee holiday off when requested.
The job itself was ok, Pay was fair. Benefits were provided. Not a bad company overall to work for. However, the particular location I worked at had a serious problem with the center manager. There were two sets of rules. One for her and one for all other employees. All other employees were great.
Pros
fair pay, benefits, fun place to work
Cons
Center manager on serious power trip, Medical benefits were to expensive to use.
Not what I expected from a company of over 30k employees. All the computer software is al least 20 years behind the times.
Pros
hours are ok
Cons
medical benefits are terrible and expensive
Enter charge tickets for the day and complete the close from the previous day. Checked in patients, went over new patient paperwork and collected copays. Verified benefits for new patients, requesting extended authorizations for physical therapy, USDOL, and workers comp C-9's. Pull chart for next days patients, called patients to remind them of their next day appointments. I had a mentor that taught me a lot about how to cut time when days get busy. Had a great group of people that I worked with a lot of team players.
Pros
the people I worked with. Me enjoying what I did.
Cons
No room to grow
The job itself is something that I love to do- Talk with patients, and get them the best care they could ask for. Explaining a patients benefits to them gives me a great sense of helpfulness and pride, especially for those who don't quiet understand what they carry. I also do the scheduling and billing closes for this company. The billing closes intrigue me because there are so many different aspects of these insurances that have to be understood. To be able to carry out a profitable billing cycle each week has been difficult for the center that I work for but I know how to do the best that I can given the circumstances, all while keeping my patients in the top tier of thought as well. The latter half of that last statement isn't something my boss is really in tuned to. He also has no human compassion, he expects entirely too much for someone who is not in the management position like himself. That being the least favorite part of my job is minute compared to the better parts, but unfortunately happiness does not pay my bills or take care of my daughter.
Pros
Helping my patients
Cons
Inconsistency
Good company , understands customer servicer is priority.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Parking
The scheduling team work very well together, the learning experience was great.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks