SMT Inc

SMT Inc Employee Reviews

SMT Inc insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment

They treat you like family

Semi-small business, where co workers and management treat you well. Hard work and physical labor, but introduced to new technologies. Lots of travel, and lots of off time as well.

Gained knowledge

Since working for SMT I have gained so much knowledge about press brake operations. I had worked at a company previously running a press brake with lessor know knowledge about its capability. I was embraced by my fellow co-workers in fabrications and taught the vital steps to be successful in my job.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

My Lack of knowledge coming in

All around trash supervisors and hr

Don’t care about there employees in the slightes way everybody I worked with there quit. They count 1 mintue lates so if you work there be prepared to watch the clock every minute until you clock in. They don’t even give you time to wind down on your breaks only 15 minutes breaks first shift work Monday through Saturday. Wages are lower don’t think your going to make payments on car and have a apartment and please don’t let that car break down you will be tossed to the side and the facility is dirty what else must I say only positive thing about working here is the work hours are steady.if you like Stressful, dirty,and low wages environment this is the place for you.

Cons

Short breaks

This is a Family First Enviroment.

Everybody gets along and don't mind helping or explaining what needs to be done for the day. Very understanding (management) when u have a problem or make a mistake.

Pros

Start work early and get off at 3pm.

Cons

Short lunch break.

Great Team Environment

I have worked at SMT for 18 years and plan to retire here. It is a great community environment. Management really cares for people and makes good business decisions. They are always striving to improve the quality of work and quality of life for everyone. Very stable and positive work environment that has growth opportunities within.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Operations Supervisor

One word sums this place JOKE. Management cant make a desicion w/o running to the corner office to make sure its ok. Ther is no growth potential within, some of the employees that work should of been let go along time ago for creating a hostile work environment.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Managment, and some the employees

Job Work/Life Balance Compensation/Benefits Job Security/Advancement Management Job Culture

Basic steady stressful lead guy very stressful high anxiety not good place to work just very stressful due to the supervisors high anxiety level is like nothing else.

Pros

it's a job.

Great Job

Smt is a great place because its fairly small therefore there is a lot of room to grow. The Higher ups are always willing to lend a hand and they are awesome.

Jobs at SMT Inc