SNAP, Inc. Employee Reviews

Instructor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 15, 2018
Part-Time instructor position teaching Soldiers in training the basics of financial management. Pleasant work environment with an attentive attendees. Training program is very relaxed and supported.
Pros
flexible work schedule.
Great company
Personal Finance Management Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOAugust 5, 2018
Enjoyed working for SNAP, Inc. I mainly worked on Saturdays and some weekdays, teaching finance management new soldiers in training. Workplace was great there were no issues with other co-workers and the supporting military units.
Great working environment
Senior Executive Assistant to VP, Content (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAJune 15, 2018
Loved working here. Was a terrific culture with a wonderful work/life balance. Only problem is the mostly higher contractors. Getting a full time position is nearly impossible when you first join the company.
Pros
Culture is great
Cons
Full time employment is difficult to secure.
Work at SNAP is what you make it
Technical Program Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 7, 2018
The company is small and requires employees to have a diverse skill set. The company is growing and culturally diverse. Their opportunities can lead to advancement.
Poor management with little insight into one's own performance
Lead Content Review Associate (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAJune 5, 2018
To start, my manager at Snapchat rarely gave the team our work schedules more than two days in advance. There was a shared feeling of disposability and a severe lack of security with our jobs in spite of performance. Managers were rarely present or made an effort to make themselves available. Since I had been hired no news hires were trained directly by a manager or by a fellow moderator with a clear training plan or schedule. Moderators themselves trained new hires which resulted in new hires with inconsistent comprehension or knowledge of our proprietary tools or moderation guidelines. Deeply troubling environment. As a contract worker with Snap Inc. my experience was less than savory.
Pros
Free lunches, work from home
Cons
Short notice of schedules with little flexibility, no mobility
Cut throat.
Security (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAApril 12, 2018
Have to constantly worry about employment at this job. No security. At will employer with no regard for morality or ethical value. There is a culture of favoritism and a disregard for inclusion.
great and positive workplace and company
Executive Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Venice, CAMarch 29, 2018
I think its a great company to work for. the don't just look at you as a number the look at you and treat you like family .

workplace is a great environment. i work with a solid group of guys and team. they make it easy for me to come to work
Pros
benefits, great pay, training and bonus incentives
Cons
long work hours some time but that ok
No Good
Content Analyst (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAMarch 6, 2018
Not a great place to work
Laid off half the team with no notice and no structure
Management isn't clear or straightforward
Long hours with weird times
cool environment, terrible management
Customer Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at snapchat in some areas and hated it in others. I was a contractor and there was a very divisive environment created. I loved my coworkers and the physical office and work culture, but the management was extremely opaque and treated the contractors like less than employees.
Productive and fun work place
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Great company to work for with lots of benefits. I highly recommend working for Snap Inc. The mass majority of the employees are young and are very ambitious individuals.
productive and fun but working with hard core army officers
Multimedia Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKFebruary 8, 2018
great job but too standardrised .....because of military contract.....I could not let my creative juices or art flow.....too much micro managing from managers and military officers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too many civil service civilians jockeying for my position and poor training
Excellent - Tech Company, Benefits, Collaborative Culture
AV Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2018
If you know anything about the fast-paced, young culture taking over the tech industry you know that snap is one of those innovative leaders that encourages adaptability, cross-collaboration and creative expression. I worked with the AV team, one of the more technical roles, but I can honestly say that the people and environment alone are enough to make you want to work harder and push yourself and the company to its limits....because there are none. Apart from budget, there is literally no end to all the work that can be accomplished or experience you can pick up from the already seasoned veterans here. Also, every office has a fully-stocked kitchen and refrigerator.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks, transportation between offices
Cons
You can't live and work here
A great company to work for.
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJanuary 9, 2018
Highly recommend this company to anyone, if you like you interact with Americas finest you will love this job. Being prior military was the best advantage to this job.
Pros
pay
Cons
weekends
Fast paced but fun environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
a typical day at work is around 10 hours, and is very fast paced. learned a ton on the job, from both my manager and my teammates/other snap employees.
Pros
catered breakfast, lunch stipend, unlimited vacation
Cons
long hours, lack of internal systems
The company is full of politics. Not a good company.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2017
Management is not good. The company rules by politics. Management does not care about employees. They do not tolerate different opinions. And they do not respect people.
Pros
Good benefit.
Cons
A lot of politics. Poor management.
Love teaching young people about ways to save for their future
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAOctober 3, 2017
My Job as an instructor with SNAP is both rewarding and satisfying. I am a shameless patriot and I love our military. I have an opportunity to give back to our soldiers by teaching them about money and investments. I help them learn how to make informed financial decisions about their future. This is a contract job with no benefits. I teach 8 hours on a Saturday two to three times a month.
Pros
Helping Soldiers make informed decisions about their financial future.
Cons
It's contract work, only an 8 hour class a couple Saturdays a month.
Nice government contractor company
Sr. Instructional Designer/ ADL Developer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 25, 2017
Salary not so good for government contractor. But good management, and no professional development opportunities funded. Not enough PTO, benefits otherwise is fine.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Salary not so good
Fun environment with beach vibes and a lot of cool perks.
Customer O (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAMay 20, 2017
It was great working at Snap Inc. because of the cool atmosphere, the great employees, and laid back environment. Their management can improve, there was always a lack of communication that trickles down and gets taken out on the employees. The team is very diverse and ultimately very friendly.
Pros
Great food, great beach views, great culture.
Cons
Terrible communication amongst management.
Great Opportunity to Learn and Grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 6, 2015
I worked at SNAP as an Administrative Assistant for a couple years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt like SNAP took the time to mentor me and was actively invested in my growth. The management team is wonderful, they give you direction without micro-managing and place trust in their employees that the job will get done.

Another great thing, all health benefits are covered 100% for full-time employees. You can't beat that!
Pros
Fully paid health/dental insurance, flexible with hours, friendly and supportive staff
Cons
Does not match 401K
Great place to work!
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 6, 2015
SNAP offers the family feel of a small business with the ideas and innovation of much larger companies. Management team is accessible to all employees. Everyone pitches in at busy times and helps each other out. Employee benefits (health, dental, life) are 100% paid by the company for full-time employees. Hard work and dedication are highly valued.
Pros
Company paid employee benefits, great team atmosphere
Cons
Can be high stress during busy seasons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNAP, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.