Snap-on Employee Reviews

Poor management
Snap on car lifts (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 17, 2018
Their is very poor magnet I felt harassed and even bullied at times by my supervisor. The work it self was fun and engaging but after the night shift was over I was bullied and put down by my supervisor whom I don’t even remember his name was only told once and felt so bullied I tried to avoid him all together
Pros
Fun work engaging
Cons
Very poor management
They like Kiss butt
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 16, 2018
Going to work at Snap-On is like walking on glass, you never knew if you were going to get a bogus write up that day or not. It all depended what mood your manager was in. If your lead or manager doesn't like you they will make things up and protect each other's side of the story, making seem like you were the one at fault.The only people that get ahead there are the ones that know how to play the game of butt kissing. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.
ok
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 14, 2018
give us your review, wjat do you think of this place, only writing this because they are making me do it, yeah that sounds about right right now, you know.
Extremely high expectations
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 7, 2018
I have never worked for any other company that is as cut throat. They pit one division against another and allow multiple people to sell into the same territory. It does not matter how well you do, they will bring other people in to sell in the same territory and steal your sales. They undercut you with your customers.
Pros
Well established company with well known name.
Cons
They care more about the money than the people or the product.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJuly 3, 2018
I was sad to leave but I had twins. I would go back to work there in a heartbeat. I loved my job! All the dealers were amazing to work with and I loved the environment. I wish I could go back!
Fast Pace,
COMPANY STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 1, 2018
Great company just not a great company to work for, very stressful and no work/life balance. You will work on a average of 60 plus hours a week and they care more about hitting the number then anything else.
Fast paced work but friendly people
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJune 29, 2018
Everyone here was very friendly from Human Resources to the trainers, to the supervisors/tool experts/managers. They try to help you succeed at every turn. Benefits were great considering you were working part time. Walking around the building, you can tell that people really loved working there and everyone was friendly to one another. I wish I could have stayed here. You could feel a sense of family there. Very rare from my experiences at other places. The work is real fast paced on busy days where you don't have a chance to breath between calls/emails but talking to the people on the other side of the phone was rarely a bad experience.
Pros
Great team, friendly people
Tough place to get ahead
Content Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJune 28, 2018
Early on there was lots of opportunity. for advancement, but since Snap On took over completely this has changed drastically. Now it's all numbers and metrics.
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Algona, IAJune 27, 2018
The benefits this company offers along with the flexibility makes it hard to leave. I am only looking elsewhere so that I can advance my career and find something meaningful that I enjoy again.
Benefits
Cons
When you work in the CCC you are under a microscope
Productive place to work, long hours, some not so nice co-workers
Form Weld/ East Room (Former Employee) –  Algona, IAJune 21, 2018
Would recommend to anyone who has somewhat thick skin. Some managers are better than others. Avoid Packing at all costs if possible. Lots of cliques find your own and you'll be fine.
Fast paced job. New interactions with customers every day.
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
Great company to work for. Meet a lot of new people and make long lasting relationships. Quality of products sold are fantastic. Warranty policy is one of the best in tools.
Pros
Meet new people. Great opportunity to make good income.
Cons
Long days, sometimes no breaks.
Good Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Montana and WyomingJune 18, 2018
Over all this is a good company to work for, a lot demanded a lot given! I feel they run a very good business and have the progressive thoughts in the industry.
Enjoyed my job
Powder coat Painter (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCJune 17, 2018
I really enjoyed what i did. i worked 7 days a week, with not even a thank you from the site director. I learned how to powder coat, which is not easy, but once i learned i did excellent work.
Pros
Good people you work with
Cons
was only hired as a temp, so the could lay me off
fun work environment
Techknow sales representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 11, 2018
Loved working for the company and my team. working with the customer, problem solving. Getting to get that customer a tool that is going to build his or hers career or business. Working along side my team to achieve accomplishment of the goals we set together.
Pros
the people
Cons
travel
clear goals
Franchise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 6, 2018
It is clear what you need to do to be successful. Can really build some good relationships with customers. Great products most made in USA. Back orders can ruin a week. Its alot to keep up with whats coming in and out.
Pros
Great training, great product, meet good people
Cons
hours can be long. collections can be tough
Poor Management
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2018
Worked as a franchisee. Poor management and increasing demands for payments with the threats of putting a hold on our account eventually pushed us to leave the business and sell the franchise.
Boring, loud, and repetitive.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMay 23, 2018
Simple job, but I hate to say it but not a lot of people who work there speak English. I never took Spanish so it was hard to communicate. A typical day was standing in front of an assembly line and building all day. Management was okay, didn't really communicate with average workers. Hardest part was not losing your mind on the assembly line.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Boring, not many benefits, hard communication, tedious.
a great company
Equipment Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
a great place to work freedom to et the job done and all the help you need to make a career a great finance company to work with will buy all types of customers
Pros
freedom
Cons
would not pay for mileage
Great product to sell
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 20, 2018
Snap On has some of the best products to sell in the world of technicians.
hours varied depending on the route you were on
My area manager was great but the immediate supervisor was not
Pros
The customers
Cons
to much debt to take on to start a business in a rural area
Enjoyable and productive work atmosphere.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 16, 2018
There are various tasks so knowing how to prioritize and manage your time efficiently is extremely important. On busy days it can get stressful but if you take a break to calm down it will help you put things back in perspective.
Pros
Snap-on plans special events all year round for their employees.
Cons
Pay salary could be higher and the opportunity of advancement greater.