Snap-on Employee Reviews

I worked for snap on as temp over all it was a well put together job.
TEMP (Former Employee) –  kenoshaOctober 15, 2018
I worked on the line for about a month before getting promoted as a builder. My boss job was given to the head QA that was when I was moved to a different dept. QA kits for the military and a builder. I showed up every day gave a 100 percent on the job. I'm a hard work not satisfied until the work is done correctly. I take pride in my work.
Pros
we were given free lunches when we meet our goal.
Good place for mechanical engineers
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 9, 2018
An inherently mechanical engineering company; however, still opportunities for EEs.
let you go unfairly
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Algona, IAOctober 7, 2018
they let you go during your 3 month probation period if for some reason they dont like you they find a reason to use weyher it is true or not union didnt help
International Dept. was difficult as it was going through so many changes
Expeditor, Int'l Dept (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 3, 2018
Over the past 4 years management that had been in place for over 30 years was retiring. New management was coming in and trying to overhaul the department. Not a bad idea at all; the way it was done was the difficult thing. They took 4 separate positions and combined them all. People who had been performing in one position for over 10 years were now expected to learn 3 other jobs' requirements. I had progressed from Doc. Clerk to Order Entry to Expeditor to Sales Coordinator through the years so the change wasn't as hard on me. There was a lack of training as management believed that what each position had done was relatively simple, hence their decision to combine them into one. Our overall pay grade was changed. For some it was an increase in the grade, for me it was lowered. Although it didn't negatively impact actual income.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
lack of recognition via bonuses or pay increases
fast paced, good pay, reasonable benefits
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNOctober 1, 2018
Very fast paced. Loud environment. Crowded work areas, not enough room for all of the equipment. pay is great, good benefits but the safety dinners have been cut back to only one dinner per year.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Too much overtime required
Good staff.Good salary
Assembler/ Selection (Former Employee) –  Algona, IASeptember 16, 2018
Was a nice experience has been working for Snap on tools, great people, good salaries, overtime opportunities. Definitely I recommend this company. Algona Iowa plant was the best job I ever had. The managers are friendly, polite but professional people.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Short breaks
great being a franchisee
sales (Former Employee) –  Laytonsville, MDSeptember 4, 2018
20 years in, no regrets. Learned a lot with Snap-On and found the business to be lucrative in the extreme. All you have to do is follow the plan and you will be successful.
Pros
flexible hours
Great company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILSeptember 3, 2018
great company , long hours meeting franchisees and travel is required. all expenses are paid there will be a growing expectation the more you advance. the Culture is demanding but you will receive help but will be expected to execute on your own
Pros
expenses paid
Cons
no over time
Good
Sales Accosiate (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Great place to work ability to be your own boss selling cool tools and start your day when your ready. Meet a lot of awesome mechanics with great knowledge.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Late hours
Used to be great
Diagnostic Sales Developer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2018
Territory sales position. Things have changed. Product has shifted to the dealers, less things to make money on. On the plus side, you no longer need a truck.
Pros
set you own pace
Cons
be productive or else
Company runs with machine
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 16, 2018
Everyone here is an innovator, or an innovator-to-be, no matter what your team or your role. So bring your passion, courage, and original thinking and get ready to share it, because every new product, service, or feature we invent is the result of people working together to make each others’ ideas stronger. Innovation at this level depends on people who represent the variety of the human experience and inspire us with their own fresh perspectives. Together, we’ll do amazing work that can make a difference in people’s lives. Including your own.
Pros
They have a lot in store for the employees in terms of knowledge and benefits, the a management is really motivating
Cons
No much cons as such, you would feel a little scared once you join but they welcome you and treat you with respect
loved it
Quality inspec (Former Employee) –  columbus gaAugust 15, 2018
great work environment, great people to work around, good work hours and balance between work and personal life. had a great supervisor. great pay and easy job
Snap-on OK
Diagnostics Sales Developer/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 12, 2018
Worked for Snap-on for years. Tried to move up several times, however, seemed to be stuck where I was due to being "too valuable". Tried several times and got turned down for outside people.
Pros
Travel, different every day
Cons
no advancement
Great Company
CUSTOM PROGRAM ANALYST (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 6, 2018
They are flexible with work/balance. There's room for growth and they take time to listen to their team. Snap-on has great event for their employees. Snap-on is involved with the community and the Vets.
Pros
Work/life balance
great place to work
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 30, 2018
Not a bad thing i can say about Snap On, great people to work with, management is great, overall a top notch place to work, the work is not overly demanding physically, air conditioned, and heated, clean, not a high pressure situation
Pros
atmosphere, management, catered lunches
Cons
none really
Great place to work. Helped with training me for all my future employment.
Salesman & Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJuly 27, 2018
I worked both in the office and in sales, so my days varied. I would either be selling product, training new hires, or running a fortune 500 company.
Pros
Help mold me for the future
Cons
None I can think of.
work to hard with no enough pay or respect
Diagnostic Sales Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2018
They work you to the bone. They ship product out to the dealers without letting them know its coming.

The dealers are great to work with. Great guys. Its just the upper management that doesn't care. They will do anything to make a buck.

I was making to much money so they cut my commissions and gave me an extra 10k on my salary. Overall I lost 35k per year.

No training that gave us the tools to succeed. Would not work for them again if i was paid 1 mil a year.

I was the # 4 guy out of 128 guys in the nation so I was good at my job.
Cons
no breaks, Micro managers
good place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 24, 2018
Bonus structure is good. Management could be better. Vacation time is also good. You need to be a self starter for some positions. Other positions can seem overwhelming.
always exceeded the companies expectations
FRANCHISE DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2018
Very good and was promoted very frequently. Great crosstraining with opportunities of growth. Long work days but eventful. Well balanced training development. Opportunities for growth in various areas of the corporation.
Pros
lots of travel and excellent co-workers
Cons
away from home, and out of state travel
Poor management
Snap on car lifts (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 17, 2018
Their is very poor magnet I felt harassed and even bullied at times by my supervisor. The work it self was fun and engaging but after the night shift was over I was bullied and put down by my supervisor whom I don’t even remember his name was only told once and felt so bullied I tried to avoid him all together
Pros
Fun work engaging
Cons
Very poor management