Snap-on Employee Reviews

Large Company with small thinking
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 9, 2019
The equipment side of the company is outcast. Treated as a different company. There are too many separate parts to the company no one works together.
The company is reactive, they need to be more proactive, they could own the equipment business, but they don't even have name recognition.
Pros
Freedom to do your work
Cons
Leadership no one works together
Great product
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 12, 2018
My review is strongly influenced by the franchisee that i happen to be hired by. He would deny me lunch break and deny me enough time to even get a drink of water becuase he wanted to end early (10 hour days still). If i stayed later he would not pay over time, he would also not pay sick days. He offered little to no support on teaching me how to do my job. If he had a problem with a customer he would yell at me as if i was him instead of guiding me on how to handle the situation.

Franchisee aside. There is good money to be made, people are crazy about having snap on tools and if you can get into the corporate side then compensation and benefits are great as well.
Pros
A company that you can have pride in
fastpaced, sales-driven
Company Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 6, 2018
A great place to work. Be ready to travel, ready for long hours, and physical labor. You will be well compensated. They have lots of opportunity to move up into the company.
Pros
Well compensated
Cons
travel
GOOD PLACE bad manager
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Middland gaDecember 4, 2018
I would probably still be there if managers would have just stayed off the floor starting mess it was like a soap on tv I did 8yrs and it got so bad where I hated to go there!
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No Hr on site
Great Experiece
Associate IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 3, 2018
I had a great work experience during my time with snap on.I gained a tremendous amount of experience that will allow me to immediately contribute to my next positions.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Demanding schedule
Negative
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNNovember 29, 2018
Strict attendance policies. Long hours requiring mandatory overtime. The company has strict rules not allowing any personal items (photos of family, calendars, etc.) in work place. New Operations Manager is extremely detail oriented and Micro Manages things too much. So much that it has caused much dissent throughout the plant and caused good employees such as myself to leave the company.
too much roadtime
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaNovember 28, 2018
spent 3-4 hours a day driving across territory. Pricing is not in line with the general competition. There's no compensation for gas/mileage/wear and tear on vehicle. So putting 4k in miles per month is like taking a pay cut.
Pros
compensation is decent but offset by vehicle costs.
Cons
no plan for reimbursement for mileage
Sehr gutes Arbeitsklima
"Customs Compliance Intern" (Former Employee) –  McHenry County, ILNovember 8, 2018
Sehr gutes Arbeitsklima, mann merkt, dass hier die Mitarbeiter gerne arbeiten und versuchen, das Beste fuer das Unternehmen zu geben
Snap on
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNNovember 6, 2018
This job is a great opportunity and there is always a chance to move up here everybody i have mst here are genuinely nice people and are willing to teach you if you need help
Great place to work, but only if all you care about in life is money
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNOctober 29, 2018
Great pay! Benefits aren't great except for the pension plan. Will make you come in early, stay over without any warning. Scheduled 7 days a week, every week, although most sundays are voluntary. You receive 10 days of vacation time after 2 full years. No more is given until 8 years, and 15 after that. Company is merciless if you miss work outside of scheduled vacation, and they can decline/cancel your vacation for any reason, or no reason, at any time. Family member sick and dying? Too bad, they'll write you up. 20 car pile up causes you to be late? Too bad. Sucks to be you. Job security is really good though. They'll keep you as long as you show up. Business shows zero signs of slowing down. Company culture is terrible. Laziness is rewarded, while hard work is punished, via picking up the slack for the lazy ones. Management/Supervision favor certain employees over others. Too much finger pointing, and a severe lack of integrity and decency on the part of employees and management. They will cut your throat if given half a chance. If money is all that matters, come here. Otherwise, stay away.
Pros
Great Pay!
Cons
Everything but pay. This place needs a union, badly!
Snap on
Shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 25, 2018
Snap-on is a difficult place to work at they're shipping and receiving area is in disarray they need to revamp that whole department the people that are in there right now in that department are cutthroat then you have people in there that have BO I was a temp in there and they said it was temp to hire there was no way that it was temp to hire it's all temp working there right now and they won't tell you that good luck in there I know I didn't have any luck
Pros
The hours are good and some employees are good
Cons
You have people working slow why you bust your butt
Material Handler/Parts Picker (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 22, 2018
Fast Paced Warehouse.Team work environment..Shipping and Receiving training.Material Handling and Picking..Cross training in all areas was available.To those that wanted to leatrn
wish I was more positive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 21, 2018
Overall until I made the switch to my last position there I was very happy. It was a great place to work. Mismanagement of the department was the downfall of my job.
Coworkers are friendly and very helpful
Receiving/ Shipping ,Laser Operator, Assembler (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 18, 2018
Work is not difficult, coworkers are friendly, company is family oriented and excellent benefits. It’s a company that’s going on 100 years of operation.
Pros
Descent pay, benefits and hours.
Cons
Management, temp to hire, not a guaranty
I worked for snap on as temp over all it was a well put together job.
TEMP (Former Employee) –  kenoshaOctober 15, 2018
I worked on the line for about a month before getting promoted as a builder. My boss job was given to the head QA that was when I was moved to a different dept. QA kits for the military and a builder. I showed up every day gave a 100 percent on the job. I'm a hard work not satisfied until the work is done correctly. I take pride in my work.
Pros
we were given free lunches when we meet our goal.
It was a nice place to help pay the school bill
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 9, 2018
I came to Snap On looking for a job while I was at Bible college, my previous job didnt pay sufficient enough to pay the school bill. My supervizor was fair, courteous, and kind.
Pros
Paid sufficient for bill, friendly co workers, fair supervizor
Cons
Music was often repetitively annoying
Good place for mechanical engineers
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 9, 2018
An inherently mechanical engineering company; however, still opportunities for EEs.
let you go unfairly
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Algona, IAOctober 7, 2018
they let you go during your 3 month probation period if for some reason they dont like you they find a reason to use weyher it is true or not union didnt help
International Dept. was difficult as it was going through so many changes
Expeditor, Int'l Dept (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 3, 2018
Over the past 4 years management that had been in place for over 30 years was retiring. New management was coming in and trying to overhaul the department. Not a bad idea at all; the way it was done was the difficult thing. They took 4 separate positions and combined them all. People who had been performing in one position for over 10 years were now expected to learn 3 other jobs' requirements. I had progressed from Doc. Clerk to Order Entry to Expeditor to Sales Coordinator through the years so the change wasn't as hard on me. There was a lack of training as management believed that what each position had done was relatively simple, hence their decision to combine them into one. Our overall pay grade was changed. For some it was an increase in the grade, for me it was lowered. Although it didn't negatively impact actual income.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
lack of recognition via bonuses or pay increases
fast paced, good pay, reasonable benefits
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNOctober 1, 2018
Very fast paced. Loud environment. Crowded work areas, not enough room for all of the equipment. pay is great, good benefits but the safety dinners have been cut back to only one dinner per year.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Too much overtime required