Snap-on Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment
Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Pacific Beach, CAAugust 15, 2019
This type of job requires you to be on your feet constantly and self motivated. I enjoy working on my own schedule, but at the same time if you do not manage your time right you will not hit your sales goals. Learning how to become better on your own is a must.
Pros
stock purchase program
Cons
long hours, can be stressful
Great place to earn a lot of money quickly
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 12, 2019
Typical day of work for the most part had a set scheduled order of work assignments, some having time deadlines for completion. It was fast paced with productivity expectations that were not difficult to obtain with good time management.

I learned how to pick, pack, and ship product around the world and how to use all the necessary equipment for such tacks.

Management was understanding, approachable, and good leaders for the most part, but had a slight lack in communicating at rare time.

(Extremely blunt assessment of Workplace culture) It was litter with complaints about the long hours, which bred an environment of not caring about productivity. This also falls into my category for the hardest part of the job was just not letting this collective attitude effect me.

If I were to give another hard part of the Job, it would be that I had very little time for outside life. They are at a point were, in order to fulfill our quota as a whole we have to work 10 hr shifts 5 days a week with almost every Saturday being mandatory. we make 10-20 hr of over time a week but have no time for outside things.

The most Enjoyable part of the job was by far the satisfaction I got at the end of every night when the productivity list was printed out and my name was consistently at the top of the list. There was no bonus for being there, but I lived to see my name at the top.
Great work enviornment
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 2, 2019
Working for Snap-on was an amazing experience. I always felt welcome and was never afraid to ask for help when needed. My co-workers were extremely knowledgeable and a great group of men to work with.
Used to be a decent place to work. New supervisors have seriously negatively impacted the morale
Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 24, 2019
Used to be treated like family and now it seems you're just disposable. The supervisors and managers display an "If you don't like it, there's the door attitude". Lately, they seem to be getting rid of (or pushing out) a lot of their seasoned employees, so watch out if you're over 40.
Equipment Sales
Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  SE United StatesJuly 24, 2019
I don't recommend this job to my enemies, it's that bad. I work in the SE, and I believe it's all related to your manager. In the SE, the equipment sales/service manager is less than professional. They require you to be dishonest with your customers/prospects. Do you want to use techniques like "That price is good today only", "That customer loyalty discount expires tomorrow", "This fake trade in price is only good today" ? If you don't mind being forced to use dishonest BS, proven to not work sales techniques, you might like this job. But I doubt it. Also Snap-on gets killed in alignment business, I mean killed. They sell their equipment thru parts stores under a different name and color, but identical, and most of the time much cheaper price and cheaper finance. Also do you like ADD-ON interest on a lease? Most customers are wise to this, management lies about this on a regular basis, they use rules of 78, search it, it's virtually add on, not exactly, but almost. Pay no expenses at all, very small base that covers gasoline and car expenses, so it's basically 100% commission. The equipment sales group is different than tool group, and different than industrial sales. You'll be sorry!! My advice , keep away from Equipment Sales... rest of the company might be great, I don't know. They do offer good, but expensive health insurance;)
Snap-On Tools, great factory job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 23, 2019
Snap-On Tools has given me steady work the last 2 year, and I wouldn't be where I am today without the company. They helped train me on various tools we had to repair daily.
Terrible manipulative corporation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJuly 22, 2019
I was hired on to be a member of the phones team, but at the end of my training (for that team), I was told I was going to be doing something completely different. I had 2 days of training for my new position and thus had not the slightest clue of what to do at my job. They terminated my temporary employment with no reason why after only a couple of months there. Truly a scummy place to work.
Worst
Nrc tech (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJuly 22, 2019
Worked there for 7 yrs, very stressful and unorganized, all parts are from China, Taiwan, not an American company at all, hours are long n relentless, no cares about you or ur family, they think ice cream once a year will suffice for giving ur life to them..stay away unless u want to rot in this place
Busy and a great learning experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsted, MNJuly 15, 2019
Great learning experience. Busy environment. Relaxed and friendly co-workers and customers. Nice interaction with customers during sales demonstrations.
Great place to work.
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 15, 2019
If you have a great boss then the day fly's by. Very busy days. Can get caught up in overtime in the beginning but upper management put a stop to that. Multiple party's given by Snap-on for the retires and the employees.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 14, 2019
Team oriented work place. I have learned a lot about the different tools that we sell and how they work. Keeping customer happy with their purchases. Help in getting any and/or all information they need to know about their purchase. When the customer is happy we all are happy.
Poor management, To many hours, Not organized, Bad morale
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCJuly 10, 2019
Toxic work environment, poor management, no sick days, people who quit ironically gets to come back with avoiding manpower temp service, recieving full top out pay, vacation, and benefits seen to many times from hourly, even up to managment positions. Employees using/sell drugs(Managment&hourly) unsafe work environment
It is not worth the money!
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJuly 9, 2019
Supervisors are very helpful when you are new, then as you pick up the job and how to use your resources effectively they become more and more impatient. Management does not care at all about the employees personal life or commitments and allows out dated policies to cause employees even more stress than just the job and the mandated upselling already brings!
If you have an opportunity to join, don't second guess it.
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 26, 2019
Business to business sale, where you are the boss. Support and leadership are second to none. Days can be long, but the payoff is worth it. If you enjoy face to face time with customers, you will have that in spades.
No assistance in timely manner.
Owner (Former Employee) –  Shreveport plus outlaying areasJune 22, 2019
Low sales, long drive time to small towns. People with no credit or skips out with not paying. No help getting better stops, due to Snap On has to approve stop before you can sale there.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Management is not for little man.
Great employer
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJune 21, 2019
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. Reasonable overtime and sundays are voluntary AND doubletime. We do use temp labor in some departments. We DO hire skilled labor straight in. I was hired straight in. Attendance policy is not that bad. Unless you are a chronic call in. (We all know people that call in too much.)This is the kind of company people retire from.
Pros
Excellent pay, excellent benefits
Cons
None to speak of
Fast and sometimes stressful but an amazing company
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 21, 2019
Depending on your work ethic you can get raises every couple months. Up to the employee how hard they want to work. Plenty of optional overtime. By far best place I ever worked.
Fast paced
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJune 18, 2019
Wasn’t a bad place just seemed like a low moral during this time with many mandatory overtime hours and mandatory Saturdays for months on end. May have cooled down since then though.
Excellent
Owner/Operator of business (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2019
Snapon is great company to work with as a franchise owner. Happy for the experience and would recommend them to anyone . Owning a spin on franchise is a great experience but you must be self motivated.
Stressful work atmosphere reaching monthly goals
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJune 12, 2019
Enjoyed working at Snap-on.
The hours are great. Work load is stressful. Monthly goals are mandatory. Company picnics are awesome- they give away nice gifts. End of month Friday bagels when goals are completed.
Pros
Overtime hours are great
Cons
No incentives for the time pushed to meet goalsls me