Snap-on
64Average

Snap-on Employee Reviews in Elizabethton, TN

Elizabethton, TN24 reviews
Overall snapon tools is a good place to work. They offer great pay and benefits for full time employees. Even as a temp you make decent money. Management is all nice people.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Third shift
As an intern you get to see many areas of the plant, they will let you kind of decide what you’re interested in. Pay is not super competitive compared to other places but they will provide a living stipend for the summer.
the managers at SnapOn show little to no care for the employees who run the machines. they would rather cater to petty disruptions than be concerned for the ACTUAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING of hourly employees.
Recently, an employee had to decide whether to keep his hard-earned, well-paying job over the safety of himself and his family. Over a month ago, a hardworking employee who had gotten hired on to the plant (after grueling for almost a year through a temp agency) and was just given his uniforms, had expressed MANY concerns over the lack of concern for COVID facial protection. Fellow employees and managers, who are all in poor health, were separated in the lunchroom but not at the timeclock, NOR were they refrained from screaming in eachothers' faces to communicate around loud machinery. concern was expressed to office managers and was immediately scoffed at and dismissed (shooed-away), even after the plant was forced to close for 3 shifts to "sanitize", then a news story ousted SNAP ON for testing "positive" for COVID.

After being belittled about his concern for himself and fellow "susceptible" coworkers, the employee had to make a stand and leave a much needed job in a much needed time.

WHAT A PATHETIC COMPANY!! WHAT LAZY, PATHETIC, SELF-ENTITLED MANAGERS run this trashhole!!! Letters of concern for safety and notice of harassment were sent to many offices and news stations...

--snapon refuses to give this employee compensation for his forced time off and THEY WILL BE SUED!!!

THIS STORY WILL REACH THE SPOTLIGHT, "managers" of snapon....
I put 5 years of my life into SNAPON, worked 7 days a week year round the whole 5 years I was there. They have no appreciation for the employees. No kind words. Only work or get fired. I missed 5 years of my kids life on 2nd shift to be accused of stealing from the place... I'd never take anything from noone let alone my job. They are cold lying money hungry beings who only care about
about themselves
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I started at Snap-on as a Manufacturing engineer, and could not of had a better experience. I was able to learn a tremendous amount about manufacturing in a very short amount of time.
Long hours, hot workplace, decent benefits, good people to work with, decent pay, not much time left to do things at home, seven days a week twelve hours a day.
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. Reasonable overtime and sundays are voluntary AND doubletime. We do use temp labor in some departments. We DO hire skilled labor straight in. I was hired straight in. Attendance policy is not that bad. Unless you are a chronic call in. (We all know people that call in too much.)This is the kind of company people retire from.
Pros
Excellent pay, excellent benefits
Cons
None to speak of
Amazing work environment. Really great people. Management is pretty flexible and considerate. The greatest job I've ever had. The best job you could imagine. In assembly you're at a table with your music and tools. Breaks are always on point. People are really good to work with. It's a really amazing job with very little stress.
Reactive style plant. We done tools for decades and we are better than you, but not everyone on low levels like that. Good tools, but repeatability is weak, poor Cpk/Ppk, lot of scrap. Reasons for managers turnover rate 2/3 yrs. Otherwise it was a job of hollow promises not kept, something to be said for senior management Integrity. It's a privilege not a right to work state it is.
Pros
available cash flow at times..
Cons
you ideas are only as good...
Strict attendance policies. Long hours requiring mandatory overtime. The company has strict rules not allowing any personal items (photos of family, calendars, etc.) in work place. New Operations Manager is extremely detail oriented and Micro Manages things too much. So much that it has caused much dissent throughout the plant and caused good employees such as myself to leave the company.
This job is a great opportunity and there is always a chance to move up here everybody i have mst here are genuinely nice people and are willing to teach you if you need help
Great pay! Benefits aren't great except for the pension plan. Will make you come in early, stay over without any warning. Scheduled 7 days a week, every week, although most sundays are voluntary. You receive 10 days of vacation time after 2 full years. No more is given until 8 years, and 15 after that. Company is merciless if you miss work outside of scheduled vacation, and they can decline/cancel your vacation for any reason, or no reason, at any time. Family member sick and dying? Too bad, they'll write you up. 20 car pile up causes you to be late? Too bad. Sucks to be you. Job security is really good though. They'll keep you as long as you show up. Business shows zero signs of slowing down. Company culture is terrible. Laziness is rewarded, while hard work is punished, via picking up the slack for the lazy ones. Management/Supervision favor certain employees over others. Too much finger pointing, and a severe lack of integrity and decency on the part of employees and management. They will cut your throat if given half a chance. If money is all that matters, come here. Otherwise, stay away.
Pros
Great Pay!
Cons
Everything but pay. This place needs a union, badly!
Very fast paced. Loud environment. Crowded work areas, not enough room for all of the equipment. pay is great, good benefits but the safety dinners have been cut back to only one dinner per year.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Too much overtime required
Good company. Nice benefits. Employee benefits good. People there overall nice. The hardest part of the job was heat in the summer. It is quite noisy and hearing protection is a must. It is a good place as far as benefits,raises, and stock in company.
Pros
Safety dinners bonuses vacation
Cons
Weekend work often
The job paid well, just has some poor supervision in certain departments... I would only recommend this place to someone who needed to work and make decent money
Would have loved.to stayed at snap on tools.longer. because just have learned. Alot of jobs before. My job ended.loved my supervisors and people i worked with and the people. I worked with and meeting the q.a.supervisors and the boss of snap on tools. Along with the matanace workers.
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
15 minte breaks
Snap On Elizabethton, Tennessee is a great place to work. It its a fast-paced environment that is very rewarding. I have enjoyed my years at Snap-On, and would highly recommend this establishment as a permanent place of employment.
fast pace and vary demanding the more you got done in one day the more they wanted the next day. the quality of their product went down hill fast in the last 2 years I was there.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no time off
Good place to work steady pace but a lot to learn! Very easy once use to it! Friendly controls-workers amazing supervisors! Clean considering it's a plant!
Ok place to work. Made a lot of friends nice area nice scenery of the mountains. Southern hospitality overall I met some very good people. I still keep in touch with many of them.
Wonderful place to work. I loved coming into work everyday and building different items. I loved having the option everyday to learn something new. the people were wonderful it was like family. Management was wonderful very helpful and hands on. The Hardest part of the job was working 7 days a week.