Snap Finance Employee Reviews

Best job/career
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 29, 2018
Great opportunity in an established market. New market forget since you relay on sales people to maintain visits and income. Quotas can be met but shouldn’t since it’s an open market with competitors. Quotas could easily be met if the stats and required visits made sense especially when production of limited accounts triples and you are still held accountable for monthly visits.
Pros
Growth, salary, Corp perks
Cons
Monthly quotas for good sales people
Pretty Good
Merchant Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 27, 2018
I like working here, but I've been here for a year. It really depends on who you like, and who likes you, and what your career goals are, if you're going to move up or not. If they see that you're promising, then you will. If you focus on your job, but also socialize, then you can move to different departments. In one year, I've moved to three (through internal interviews). I almost moved to another department a couple different times, but another person with more experience got the position.

Other than that, snacks are good. You can use the internet while you're on calls, or between calls, so many people watch netflix or do other things online. Which is nice, compared to other call centers. They're fairly open. However, I hardly see the CEO or other management. Sometimes they hire management from outside the company, which is a bummer for people who have been here 5+ years. The company is small, and I think growth will be huge in the next 2-5 years.
Pros
free lunch, food trucks, internet, flexibility, management, culture
Cons
Not enough pay
Great company fun enviroment
Collections Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 19, 2018
Snap Finance is a great company to work for they are understanding and overall great people.
They motivate you to do your best and award you for doing so.
Bad Manager= Bad Experience
People and Culture (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 8, 2018
I love my job and enjoy Snap as a company. However, my manager is awful and has ruined our entire department’s culture. Favoritism and cattiness has purged our department. Because of her , we have had high turnover. The best employees are leaving because they know their worth. With Snaps growth, execs need to be more assertive in demoting or letting bad managers go. People don’t leave companies, they leave managers.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Not as flexible as they state
Great Company
Account Executive/Client Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 18, 2018
Great company. treat you well. interested in your professional and personal growth. they focus on treating their employees well. happy cows make the best milk.
Pros
snacks and friendly environment
Official response from Snap Finance
October 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your contributions on the sales team!

Good company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  West valleyOctober 16, 2018
The company is good they do try they do care. The ceo coo everyone cares. They will treat you like family.
They do not pay well or have fair commission structure in their collections department.
It’s a formula basically made for the company to pay less. The entire department could have a million dollar month and they will only pay out maybe 20k in bonuses (split up between over 200 people)
Which in collections is not a real bonus.
They expect a lot from the calls the results but do not compensate in return.
Recruiters manipulate the bonuses to sound like its “uncapped” but intact it is not. The bonus is only a small bonus. No commission which is unfair for what they expect their agents to bring the company.
When asking recruiters they knew what a typical collections job made in bonus because I had told them what I was bringing home. And they led me to believe it’s the same. It was not. Their collections department is a mess

They hire and take cut throat collectors from successful company’s and careers with promise this is better. And when confronted they’re defense is that the experience could qualify as a promotion. Which is only an2 dollar difference. Still not equal to bonus.
Again a wonderful company with a future but if they are wanting experienced professionals they can’t pay like an entry level call center.
Even though people working their don’t know better. Newcomers who have had better won’t stick around for “culture” if the company is the only one who reeps any benefits
Pros
Company. Loaded break room flexible hours good people
Cons
Pay. Unorganized. Dishonest
Official response from Snap Finance
October 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we will consider this as we continue to develop as a company and collections department.

Teachers Pets
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 21, 2018
The more you do the less the management see it. They under appreciate their honest hard working employees. Do the bare minimum and just show up to work. Absolutely do not take attention away from the HR women and you’ll do fine.
Health benefits are ridiculous. Outrageous cost to insure families. Unmatched 401k.
Also, management and HR pick and promote within their personal favorites. Don’t ever expect to be treated fairly if you disagree or upset anyone in management. Definitely keep your opinions to yourself.
No room for advancement, unless you’re willing to accept cents, yes cents, of a raise for a advanced position. Ok place to work if you’re ok never making more than $15-$16 hourly, unless you get an executive position.
Tip. If you are a decent worker and you want a raise, give in your 2 weeks notice, then you’re sure to get a promotion.
Pros
Food/snacks
Cons
Mediocre Pay/ Vindictive HR/Terrible Management
productive easy going
Merchant Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 28, 2018
SNAP is an AWESOME EXCELLENT COMPANY that helps you get the beautiful furniture you're needing to add style and comfort to your home, get approved fast and easy! !! CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE AWESOME IN SETTING up your payment arrangements as well as being very kind and professional on the phone! I strongly recommend SNAP! To help you SNAP into fresh new approvals rates
I stand corrected.
Click to chat representative (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTJuly 19, 2018
Absolutely zero room for advancement. Management members show blatantly preferential treatment for specific employees when it comes to applying for new positions and schedules. Team leads disregard numerous calls for help. Absolutely zero work/life balance.
Pros
Snacks.
Cons
Everything but
Overall
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work would be taking incoming calls from customers with loan accounts. Calls basically consist of payment, resolving minor payment discrepancies, escalations.
I've been able to learn different techniques for resolving complex issues.
There is a very laid back and diverse culture at SNAP
The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to and getting to know people and helping them get approved for financing and knowing that the services SNAP offers helps them achieve the services or merchandise they need.
The least enjoyable part of the job is the bonus structure and advancement opportunities thus far.
Pros
Shift flexibility, Pto, free snacks, activities, location, executive team.
Cons
No advancement opportunities, bonus structure, being micro-managed
No Advancement
Senior Processor & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2018
I enjoyed this company and thought there would be potential to grown within the company. This was not the case after putting in a lot work and offer a lending hand when they needed someone, I was able to fill in the shoes. I was able to meet their expectation. There is no advancement within the company unless you are know someone in the management personally and spoke Spanish.
Pros
Free Snacks
Very Bad environment
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 3, 2018
Unprofessional couching, Bad management, Always workers in trouble, They give a lot of verbal or write off if workers sick call either the workers or the kids are sick they don't have consideration as long as you are making money for the company. Even you do right it's always wrong for them. That's why a lot of people quitting because couching things they have the power to treat the workers the way they like it.
Another Tech company trying to pass "Culture" off as reason to not fairly compensate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 25, 2017
An average company that is growing way too fast with poor management and leadership. Most directors have never managed before, and it clearly shows. The company does buy plenty of snacks for us employees to eat and drink. As well as an occasional free meal. There is a concerted effort to create a "fun" culture. Mostly because they don't want to pay anyone a fair wage. Or spend money on proper benefits, as they are crazy expensive, especially if you have kids. In addition, the work never stops, and our processes are constantly changing but not necessarily to make things more efficient. Promotions are only handed out to those who are well liked by the HR Director.
Pros
snacks
Cons
poor hourly wage, horrible benefits, and
Awsome
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 27, 2017
Great place to work. Co-works are great. Had a great time I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a job. You stay busy on the phones helping customers get their account back on track.
Pros
Cons
Great Place
Unauthentic with a ping pong table and snacks
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 18, 2017
Snap prides itself on it's company culture, however the culture is not what it once was. As an employee, I was overworked, underdeveloped, highly criticized, and rarely received praise or shows of appreciation. The team sizes are large, so you get very little time with your leadership team, and the training you receive is inconsistent and incomplete. The benefits are expensive and not that great. The company offers a 401K, but there is no match. I most difficult part of my job was trying to keep up with the work coming in from multiple directions and find an adequate solution that would serve multiple different parties that were all invested in a different resolution. I had to come up with a solution without supporting policies/procedures to help guide me on the right thing to do. There was a certain level of moral ambiguity that made it difficult to maneuver such circumstances. The best part of my job were the rare days where there were team activities where I got to spend time with my team.
Pros
Snacks, ping pong tables, and bicycles to use during the day
Cons
benefits, pay, hours, workload, lack of development
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2016
I help finance applicants so that they can afford rims, tires, furniture, washer/dryers and motor vehicles. I make inbound and outbound calls and go over their agreement and what their current balance is.
Fun workplace!
Area Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 25, 2015
I love my Job, I have so much fun helping customer and Merchants
Fun workplace with a ping pong table
Underwriter/Processor (Former Employee) –  West Valley CityDecember 16, 2014
Took on too many peoples workload and never received credit for it.
Pros
fun
Cons
bad work ethic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Snap Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

Snap Finance Reviews by Location