Snap Fitness Employee Reviews

Fast-paced environment with excellent management
Front Desk Attendant/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Le Claire, IAJune 20, 2019
I worked part time at Snap Fitness as a desk attendant and would occasionally teach classes. Snap Fitness has excellent management. I would recommend this job to a friend.
Awesome owners and a fun place to work and interact with members.
Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJune 17, 2019
The hardest part of the job is getting personal training clients in the Zeeland area. The staff and owners are great and overall its an awesome place to work!
Snap Fitness is a wonderful facitlity and a fantastic company to work for/
Member Services Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OH 43113June 15, 2019
Snap fitness is a fun, friendly environment. The management team is second to none. I am given my schedule well in advance, the other staff is extremely flexible and helpful towards one another.
Janitor and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJune 12, 2019
I got to learn cleaning skills that are important for every day life and for the workforce. I had a loving crew and enjoyed spending my time there. Working at Snap Fitness was the best place to pick for my first job.
Love this place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Flushing, MIJune 10, 2019
Love the people that i work with and for. The members are absolute amazing and i love seeing them everyday. They are so friendly and make you feel like your hard work is paying off!
Easy work but low pay
Gym Staff (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJune 2, 2019
Easy work, low pay. Like pay is a little low for the overall expectations. If I was paid a little bit more tbh, I would have totally stayed and worked harder. I did enjoy the free membership while employed. Can only work 6/hr days and not over 29 hours a week.
Pros
Free membership, easy work, relaxed gym
Cons
Low pay, slow days, AC having issues
Bad Environment
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 1, 2019
Bad environment. Trainer would not follow up on client appointments. Would leave clients sitting at coffee shops and never show up. Earned the nick name "Fluff and Puff".
Horrible ownership
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAMay 11, 2019
Sketchy dealings.... never being paid on time .... & I’m sure they are stealing from members.
They constrict the trainers and never pay them on as well.
Pros
Open schedule
Cons
Horrible ownership, always a problem with being paid on time, gym members unhappy due to lack of equipment upkeep and cleanliness
Working
Membership Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAApril 22, 2019
Working for the fitness industry is very educational and you get to meet a lot of nice people. How ever you do have to do a lot especially if you are the only one who works there
Pros
you get to work out for free
Cons
if you break on site management expects you to interrupt your breaks to help out members
Room for improvement
Lead Personal Trainer, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 29, 2019
Overall, the company is not too bad. Some of the prgrams are somewhat dated and up to current fitness trends. Furthermore, I don't feel that the company supports its franchisees when it comes to marketing and busiiness development,
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly atmosphere
Cons
limited clientele
flexible work schedule
Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 28, 2019
Building relationships with members was the best part of the job. Inflexibility to opt out of certain promotions was the worst part of the job. It seems that they have improved on this more recently.
I was the owner
Owner (Former Employee) –  Danville, INMarch 22, 2019
Difficult to review as an owner. If I were to review the parent company, that would look a lot different than reviewing it from my location perspective. Learned a lot about the dynamics of owning a business and working within a franchise.
The experience and relationships I developed are some of the best of my life.
Needs more excitement
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCMarch 14, 2019
I would wait for customers to walk in or call for membership. Basic cleaning and upkeep. A lot is demanded of you, you basically run the entire place.
Maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 13, 2019
I work at Snap Fitness as needed for extra income. I am looking for a full time job with higher pay vacation time sick time and benefits. I work a landscaping job part time as well
Taught me valuable skills
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 12, 2019
My job as a general manager here taught me how to run a fitness facility. I only had one employee and myself running the facility. we brought in a average of 30,000 a month in revenue between the two of us. The company in itself was great but the position was not a very well compensated for. They have a fairly high turnover rate for General Managers because of this.
Pros
Great atmosphere, flexible schedule
Cons
low pay for the workload
Ok while it lasted
Customer Service, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 27, 2019
I worked there less than a year and it wasn't very long shifts but it worked with my school schedule. Management was never around so I was the only employee ever there at my shift. There always seemed to be so many technical issues with our point-of-sale system and the access cards to get in to the building. The building was also not great and infested with crickets.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Crickets and system errors
Managment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Crosby, TXFebruary 26, 2019
Management expects you to use your personal phone for their business, they question when you ask for supplies to do your job effectively. They want you to go to the bank for their deposits on your own time and your vehicle. Very micromanaged .
Pros
gym
Cons
too many
Operations & Sales- Management- multi-club
Operations Manager - Management consultant(temp) (Former Employee) –  Plano, Elgin, Algonquin, Marengo, ILFebruary 11, 2019
To succeed in this position, you must be a self-starter and driven to make sales. In addition to sales, I was responsible for cleaning the facility, marketing, account audits, membership dues collections, procurement of new equipment, and correction of any customer service deficiences. I also managed a staff team. I worked at 5 different Snap locations over the years. The biggest complaint that snap employees have is "poor management". What they mean by this is that Snap Owners are typically absentee and do not check in on you , hold your hand, and often it appears that you are working all alone. For someone who is a self-starter, this is great news because you can basically run your own club. For someone who needs constant guidance, it won't be a good fit. You should be social and outgoing to achieve sales and very attentive to detail. In addition, you will learn many many things about running a business and how to provide excellent customer service. There is base pay plus commission and bonuses based on performance. Depending on your job title and hours you may receive health benefits (though this is not offered at all locations) . Managers are often " on call" 24/7 and it can be hard to disconnect from the workplace. You are expected to fufill ownership duties if the owner is not absentee.
For those who require a lot of structure and are not sure of themselves, pass. if you want to take a facility and make it your own, give it a try here.
As far as growth goes, you have the opportunity to purchase a franchise of your own-
Salary is approx $10 for a part time cleaner,
  more... $40/Hour for Personal trainer. Club management anywhere from $24,000 to $60,000 per year  less
Pros
flexible hours, salary, owner not around
Cons
not a big team, few benefits offered, 247 on call
Good place to start learning about running your own gym
Club Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 7, 2019
Low compensation. Minimum wage hourly plus low commission.
Micromanaged. Owner watches you from club cameras at his house.
No room for growth. Did not get what was promised when first applying to position.
fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIJanuary 28, 2019
I love working here. The management is great, the members are great, and the trainers there all keep you on your toes. Lots of cleaning to do, but it's not that bad.
Pros
flexible hours, easy time off, fun staff
Cons
shorter shifts