Snap Inc.

Snap Inc. Employee Reviews

United States54 reviews

culturefreelunchteamcompanyenvironmentemployeepeople

Great coworkers

They created a great team of coworkers. The manager is supportive and aims to help develop each person according to their long term goals.RC could become more involved with the larger organization of Talent and Acquisition if the directors created more opportunities to engage and utilize the talents/skills of RCs.

Company was Great to Work For When I First Started

The give their employees great benefits and the pay is above the standard for security. The only problem is that the security department has a lot of favoritism. If you don’t kiss behind or support their agenda, they will mess with you and treat you like a scrub.

Snap Inc. insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Amazing place to work

Great group, great environment, amazing company. Can't think if one negative thing to say. Would go back given the opportunity. Many great people work here.

Great place to work!

Snap is a great place to work. Pros:CompensationFlexibilityManagement always encourages you to take ownership of your work, does not micromanageCons:Fast paced, work life balance can take a hit at timesoverall Transparency

Fun place to work for if you are in a different department.

Great people to work with and your skills are tested daily but are also pushed to the max that you're drained and stressed at the end of your shift. Management are great people. Workplace culture could be better. Feels like culture doesn't allow diversity of thought. Other departments seem to have happier team members probably due to a better work/life balance and less of a heavy workload.

Great company to work for!

Workplace is culture is amazing. Starting from the CEO, his vision and ideas of how a company demonstrates inclusion, diversity and creativity sets the prototype for other companies to follow.

Pros

Great benefits, that includes team council sessions for all employees.

Cons

Unfortunately, some employees are not appreciative of what is given.

the benefits are awesome

Not much support from the team. Very individualistic, pretty much what you would expect from a tech company. Constantly changing protocol, directionless. New product pushes, with no-one to turn to for direction on how the product should be effectively rolled out.

Another software company. Does not reward high performers.

Software engineer here. The company used to pay competitive market prices, but it's beginning to fall really short when it comes to rewarding high performance, long tenure engineers. First they cut the recurring grants for the first couple of years, eliminating any incentive to stay with the company long enough to have impact. Then they didn't increase wages, but made it harder to get promoted. Lastly, they decided to not honor sign-on bonuses that were promised to people upon hire. They claimed that the payment structure had changed; they think they are being fair by not paying those out; and they expect a certain level of attrition and they are fine with. The only people who are hurt internally are those who got sign-on bonuses, have been working hard to promoted, and those who risked career at other companies to join Snap. I think they are doing it to cut costs because their revenues aren't consistent. I suggest avoiding until company proves a long term record of profitability and reward for high performers.Lastly, their annual bonuses are very small (9%), and if you're a super-high-end performer, you only get another 9%. It's really not an incentive for people to try hard and do good work. Do not join this company hoping to prove yourself. You will not get rewarded proportionately.Other downfalls of the company include poor healthcare coverage. I.e. vision plan only covers 1 pair of glasses, or 3 months supply of contact lenses. Dental doesn't cover inlay crowns. My dentist suggest buying third-party dental insurance. Snap feels pretty cheap right now.

Pros

Free lunch.

Cons

Cheap dental / vision coverage. Skips sign-ons. Cuts costs everywhere.

It had nice coworkers.. weekends off… easy work

The job had its pros and cons. Management was super lazy and uneducated.I had numerous problems with my supervisor it was a never ending story, hr and managers never did anything to solve it as they said they would.

Pros

Free lunches weekends off

good as a new software engineer

i cant complain, i definitely like the culture and everyone is caring and smart. I feel like if i have problems there are people I can talk to who will try to help

It always comes down to the people

Have you ever hated your job so much but never left because the people you worked with were amazing? Snap is the opposite. Amazing place to work for but the employees that represent the company are tragic.

Way above market pay, excellent benefits in a creative environmant

Worked as a production assistant for over a year. The pay was excellent, the benefits were even better (free breakfast, lunch, and dinner, free gym membership, free phone plan, etc.)

Pros

Creative environment, free meals, PTO and remote work options

Cons

Not always a clear direction with management

Great company and great employees!

Great company to work for with amazingly talented employees! True to its values and identity. Cutting edge innovation in the area of augmented reality.

Great engineering colleagues, low trust in Management and HR

Pros: - As a junior engineer I worked closely with smart senior engineers and learned from them. I was given projects to develop new features and expected to contribute to design discussions. In other big tech companies I would not have been given such important tasks so early in my career. - Compensation was competitive.Cons: - The constant demand for new products on tight deadlines lead to burn out.- Management changed the promotion process every 6 months, constantly shifting the goal posts.

Nice company

NICE COMPANY. It is a very young company, so you can work with many young colleagues. They are all very smart. Pace is pretty fast, so you need to work really hard to catch up.

Best Job Ever

There are ups and downs like any other Company but it's the people that work there that make it worth wild. Snap takes good care of their employees. I hope to stay with them as long as I can.

Very good

I feel grateful and lucky to have been chosen for this opportunity. I felt very accomplished and useful in this job position and furthermore the coworkers were very welcoming

Anyone applying this company please be advised

I've have worked for this company for 2 1/2 years and i have been treated unfairly, due to this company laying me off. Although it was more than 10 of us being cut due to company facing budget cuts, this would have never happend if they were spending there money more wisely and not throw resources on parties on a weekly basis. The company itself it's a great an wonderful environment to work with. I've also tired to reapply with them again due to having a great clean record coming to work everyday, but i have not heard from them in over 3 months. So there not letting applicants who have worked with snapchat to be there again. In overall this is one company I wouldn't reccomend coming here at all what so ever.

Information

This company overall is a great place to work for. So many possibilities to learn and to grow with Snapchat. Great people to be with and the wonderful benefits that come along with. The only con with the company itself they always want to save money even though they are always wasting there valuable resources on activity's on a regular basis. So they contradict there words at times. As far with the security department, to much politics involved along with policies that dont make any sense what so ever. But overall it's a decent environment to work even though I disagree with certain aspects of there rules that come in play.

Young start up with many hiccups

Low pay, little opportunity for position advancement. Benefits are found in: free snacks and dogs in office and the occasional company event. Lack of professionalism.

Interesting Place to Work

Very interesting place to work but there needs to be more strategy in the brand message as well as how it's communicated. Working remotely is not typically an option offered and people work long hours. There are way too many meetings that sometimes could be resolved in a more efficient manner. Great people overall though.

Pros

Free lunch and access to the pulse of what's hot.

Cons

Every group has its own brand and the brand message is very unclear.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Snap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

64%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss