Snap Kitchen Employee Reviews

Its a great place to work but some people have a position they do not need
Supervisor Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2019
Snap litchen is a great place to work if you can put up with some under hand management people or person. But overall I would have stayed but I felt one of the management people didn't want to see me advance
Not For Long Term But Good For Now
Key Lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2019
I love working at snap but the hours suck and very unpredictable week to week. You are almost always alone so not much of a work culture. the raises are a actual joke like $0.25 a year type joke. They change policies so often that you really do not know whats going on most of the time. ok place to work For a little while but dont think you can make it a career due to the fact that there is no room for growth.
No love for the delivery crew.
Delivery lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2019
This place stared out awesome to work for but went south very quickly. I had never worked for a company that wouldn’t provide the tools for there delivery team. It was like pulling teeth just to get us shirts and rain panchos. Truly didn’t care about the people who delivered the food to all the stores. Without the delivery team their never would have been any growth.
No job stability
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2019
The company is run by imcompetant people who took over from other barely-competan people. Management changes hands a lot. The idea behind the company is good but the company constantly closes / opens stores in attempt to find the best locations? Not sure.
They shut down the entire market in one city with less than a weeks notice and there's no telling if you might lose your job next! So watch out if you're applying
Pros
You get monthly comp for food
Cons
Disaster management
Worst place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2019
I was mad i wasted my time working here they got the worst benefits they not organized and i dont like they pay rate........................ ........
Fast pace working environment
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2019
Packing the meals and put them in crates. When we put them in crates will them off to the back so they can get recounted at put them on truck to send to the stores
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 min breaks
N\a
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXMarch 10, 2019
This job can eitha be good for you or it can be bad basically depending on the management And how the day is going for the managers and the lead attitudes can cause issues . And lack of lease
Horrible place to work.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2018
I will keep this short. Not a good place to work out. Overly micromanaged for no reason. They treat you like a middle school student. They work you into the ground.
Pros
free food that is'nt all that great
Cons
to many to list
awful place to work
Sanitation Worker , cold storage -assembly line (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 3, 2018
Ppl are rude not helpful ,no training. They need better leads that can communicate with its employers. They love to see your down fall. Not a positive place to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
racism, favoritism. ppl are not friendly
Summary
Shift Lead/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
Communication among stores and managers was great. Meals were delivered fresh daily and inventory was easy to manage and record. It was a pretty easy going job and it was fun to promote and sample out products to get engaged with new and existing customers to try our products.
Over Promised, Under Delivered
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2018
I was brought on in the early days of the company. It took them almost 2 years for them to realize they should have hired more support for the Market Managers, but by that time it was too late.
Pros
Employee Food Funds
Cons
Not Enough ManagerStaff Support at the Time
Great at first but downhill from there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2018
When I first joined the company, it was amazing. I loved the company, team, and culture. It was at a time where I actually could not call it work, since I enjoyed it. However, it started to go downhill when they started to rebrand and attempting for a better image. The inconsistency was bearable at the time and the job overall was easy. Then again, time came were they wanted Key Leads to hold more responsibility; basically doing management work with no increase in pay. When they relocated the kitchen, it was even worse! Lack of communication, quality, and management just did not care.

I'm lucky to say that all the management I was under were great. It was more of upper management. YES, I said ALL. Definitely high turnover rate to the point they were always understaff and hiring in bulk. To the point that new hires were clueless and never properly train.

I loved my experience there because of the amazing people; both customers and co workers. But other then that, it was an easy job if you could manage it, if not it could get pretty stressful really quick.

At first they did care about us FOH people, but in the end the fast growth just got them money & power hungry.
Pros
Free lunch and health care, Amazing co-workers and connects, Perfect for students, Update of products.
Cons
Upper Management. Stressful, pay, inconsistency. Quality definitely downgraded .
Fun but redundant
Key Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2018
Open/close by yourself.
Managers come and go when they please.
Only get promoted if you are jolly and don't do anything (not based off work ethic).
Workload is usually thrown on one person.
They are up to date with technology though, love!
Organization is great, as long as team members maintain it.
I left because there was nothing more I could learn.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours / rude clients
Good place to work as a consultant
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2018
Employees and management were receptive to Lean changes and understood the impact and savings as a result. Had a great time working with and developing the hourly and management team.
Pros
Free meals, opportuntiy to advance within the company
Cons
Better hourly employee benefits
Snap Kitchen Competition
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 12, 2018
Basically The Place Was Freezing Cold And The Managers Want You To Work Super Fast With Them Type Of Conditions Pay Was Kind Of Average Of 360/420 A Week Really nothing To Live Off Living In Irving Tx You Can Be Called In On Your Day Off And Forced To Work Or Be Terminated
Pros
Cons
No Free Lunch Also cant Leave To Buy Lunch
Good working area overall
Assembly Operative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2018
Its A Wonderful Place To Work The Environment Is Welcoming No Hostile Management Or Employees.
Stays on track according to management but slips up at times and slows work down.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Hardly Any Cons
Poor training high expectations to much good old boys culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 3, 2018
The place is very disorganized and lack of training ,just a place to work for a while until another better opportunity arrived , favoritism at all levels investigations by as
Pros
Free lunch
Awesome place to work as a young person with great opportunities for advancement.
Assistant Manager/Key Lead (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 26, 2018
I very much enjoyed my time at Snap Kitchen and the education I received both from a growing company standpoint to the healthy life styles they helped facilitate for customers.
Worst Experience in Food Industry
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2018
I worked at Snap Kitchen for 4 weeks. When I resigned after such a short period no manager questioned what happened or reasons for such a short employment period and that should warrant a red flag to any prospective future candidate. I have 10years in food handling and restaurant experience and was completely blown away by the inexperienced management from the top to the bottom. I was working part time evenings and was asked several times by management to work shifts that were not agreed upon when I began employment, which should have been covered by store managers. Operations here are a joke too many moving parts and responsibilities for pay. Zero concern for customer service and employees is evident. If you work here get ready to be called out or embarrassed in front of customers. My advice is get a job working for a restaurant at least you will get paid daily from tips, and yes my first paycheck was delayed and am still waiting on my second.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Management, integrity, work life balance, responsibility for pay
Disorganized structure of retail operations
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 14, 2018
Corporate places too many unrealistic expectations of its’ employees. Was very disappointed as I was excited to begin a career with Snap only to find that its’ managers are not trained properly, company is too concerned about operations instead of providing quality customer service. The employees are not valued by corporate and that is evident in their rate of pay vs. job functions. I would highly recommend asking a lot of questions during the interview process about expectations and the general scope of day to day operations to know exactly what you are getting yourself into.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Snap Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight