Snap Kitchen Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

No love for the delivery crew.
Delivery lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2019
This place stared out awesome to work for but went south very quickly. I had never worked for a company that wouldn’t provide the tools for there delivery team. It was like pulling teeth just to get us shirts and rain panchos. Truly didn’t care about the people who delivered the food to all the stores. Without the delivery team their never would have been any growth.
Over Promised, Under Delivered
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2018
I was brought on in the early days of the company. It took them almost 2 years for them to realize they should have hired more support for the Market Managers, but by that time it was too late.
Pros
Employee Food Funds
Cons
Not Enough ManagerStaff Support at the Time
Productive and positive work environment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2018
Prepared vegetables for the day and days in advance. I learned specific and efficient ways to cut up veggies and very fun to learn. Customers were great and many health minded.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
ping pong
Leader undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2018
There is a ping pong table at the corporate office.
There has been lots of turn over in management. The CEO has changed, moved up from their previous role as COO. The company lost its funding and a major customer.
It is not profitable.
It has not been paying bonuses.
There is no 401K.
Not many mature systems in place.
The CEO, CMO, and CDO are in over their heads, have never held these kinds of positions before, their decisions are rash, and not well thought out.
Hardest part of being in leadership here is that things change every day, no consistency, and no agreement between CEO, CMO, and CDO - each playing their own games.
The company appears to be either about to become profitable, or about to go out of business.
Major reorganization underway.
Pros
free meals
Cons
poor top management
Very slow paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2018
Management was required to work 48 hours a week. No formal breaks or lunch breaks. Very minimal work load, which caused the long days to feel even longer.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Boring
Key / Nutritional Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78746January 8, 2018
Disappointed I didn't get to grow with the company, but great food and customers. Company was a little unorganized at times. They seem to be trying to figure out their goals as a company. Process improvement needed here and there.
Great healthy food work place!
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of dishwashing. Generally most work days were pretty slow so when they were slow once I got all the dishes done I didn't have much left to do for the last few hours.
Easy work, Fast paced
Packer/ Prep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2017
Understaffed but easy enough work. A lot of people in charge who didn't know how to do their jobs so there was a large amount of food waste. A lot of overtime with one or no days off.
Pros
Free meals, a lot of overtime
Cons
long hours without breaks or days off.
Solid Company
Front of House Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2017
Great product. I enjoyed sharing the high quality product with our (often daily returning) customers and looked forward to building relationships with my fellow employees as well as the customers.
Changing Lives through food
Director of Culture (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2016
Worked with all kinds of phenomenal individuals. Staff really cared about the guests in the stores. The people at Snap are what really make a difference.
Pros
The food, the people, the community
Cons
Rapid growth, time management
Fun Workplace, Nutrition Based Environment
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2016
Amazing Workplace, Friendly staff and great food! The knowledge you gain from knowing just what you are selling people will make you want to eat the food every day! The way you will learn to interact with customers and your co workers will change the way you see quality support and teamwork.
Snap Kitchen
Key Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2015
I would typically come in and see what is on the logs for the day (pickup, deliveries, etc.). I was a key lead so I was responsible for keeping the front of house staff on task. I also ran the end of day reports, opened/closed the store, and was the standing manager when the general manager was not present. I loved all my co-workers. Everyone was very motivated and shared the same interests. The hardest part of my job was balancing the high amount of hours with my school work load. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the ability to move up in position in the company. I was constantly being granted new responsibities.
Pros
Free food, great workers, close to home, great manager
Cons
Great kitchen for full or part time work
Food Preparer and Packager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive co-workers and management. The store is all about providing healthy food, though healthy often depends on definitions of fad diets (paleo, gluten-free, etc.). However the store does not really mind if you're not into paleo, etc. as long as you don't badmouth it in front of the customers, and even following their dietary restrictions they create excellent gourmet meals.

Work in the back (in the kitchen or along the food prep line) tends to be all "Go! Go! Go!" with no set breaks, only the ones you can find. However no one minds if you're not the fastest as long as you're obviously trying. And most weeks have some or all of the crews heading home early at least 1-2 a week.
Pros
Flexible hours, great food, many opportunities to get food freely or cheaply
Cons
Very active work-space, few breaks