Snap Kitchen Employee Reviews for Key Lead

Not For Long Term But Good For Now
Key Lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2019
I love working at snap but the hours suck and very unpredictable week to week. You are almost always alone so not much of a work culture. the raises are a actual joke like $0.25 a year type joke. They change policies so often that you really do not know whats going on most of the time. ok place to work For a little while but dont think you can make it a career due to the fact that there is no room for growth.
Very chill and relaxed place to work
Key Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
I worked by myself because of my store location. I was responsible for the entire store on my shift which allowed me to get what needed to get done on my own time in a way that worked best for me. The manager and your fellow employees are just a phone call or text away if you needed help with anything. I had one of the best managers when I started working here but eventually he relocated and my next manager was disappointing. Depending on how busy the day was you may have to deal with boredom from time to time, but otherwise I enjoyed working here
Pros
discounts, free food, allowance, independence, relaxed environment
Cons
no breaks
Laid off in Chicago
Key Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2018
I loved snap kitchen it broke hearts of many to see the Chicago market close down. I’ve seen snap kitchen through all of its changes and It was great while it lasted!
Pros
People I worked with were great, food was great, benefit of free nutritious meals were great, our regulars were like family
Cons
I was laid off with less than a week of notice.
Great Part-Time Job
Key Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2018
Had the job of Key Lead in College and worked great as a part time Job.

Really great with the flexibility of hours as many employees are young or in college. Most Key Leads get paid decently well.

You work with a lot of great young people who are exceptionally nice and great at customer service. I made many friends here and it has a bit of a family atmosphere at times.

The best part is access to all the good healthy food. Key Leads get $185/$300 in store credit to use each month depending on Part-time or Full-time status.

The idea behind the company is great and you have many people who love it who come in almost every day.

Mid-level Management turnover was high and our district manager put a lot of pressure on GMs, which led to more stress on you.

The company got more "sales" as time went on and you many times feel like a nuisance to customers when you always have to inform them of a new dish or deal and always interact with them intensely as they shop.

Also, very hard to move up in the company as a Key Lead unless you want to be worked to death as a GM, which does not require a college degree and the pay is not great for the number of hours you work. I have seen many great people crack under the pressure and hours of being a GM.

The worst part is working alone many times with just you in the store. Especially when it is slow, the hours can be very long and you have no one to help during busy rushes or stressful encounters.
Pros
Great DIscount and Store Credit, Great People, Nice Customers, Flexible Hours
Cons
Long Hours, Working Alone, Lack of mobility inside company, unrealistic sales goals for stores, unrealistic goals for key leads in regards to sales and talking to customers.
Key Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Snap Kitchen provides an up-beat team-building environment along with being apart of an excellent product that benefits and better serves the community. Management is excellent as well, incorporating team-building techniques to create an encouraging and confident environment.
Key Lead (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 2, 2017
great company to work for. decent pay for work. nice to interact with customers. place an emphasis on customer satisfaction. likes to hear employee feedback.
College Job
Key Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2017
Great job for going to school. Depending upon location, foot traffic may be slow. Healthcare could be better. Management varies at different locations.
Pros
Credit for food if full time. Work alone.
Cons
No breaks at all. Work alone
Great Workplace!
Key Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2017
Growing company with opportunity for growth. A customer service focused job with an easy-going atmosphere. I've learned so much more about the meaning of healthy nutrition. Also providing people diet plans, calorie calculations, nutritional information is part of the job as a Key Lead.
Pros
Free Lunches, Work/Life Balance
Key Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2015
I would typically come in and see what is on the logs for the day (pickup, deliveries, etc.). I was a key lead so I was responsible for keeping the front of house staff on task. I also ran the end of day reports, opened/closed the store, and was the standing manager when the general manager was not present. I loved all my co-workers. Everyone was very motivated and shared the same interests. The hardest part of my job was balancing the high amount of hours with my school work load. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the ability to move up in position in the company. I was constantly being granted new responsibities.
Pros
Free food, great workers, close to home, great manager
Cons
Great place to work with upbeat staff!
Key Lead (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 16, 2015
This company is growing at an extremely rapid rate, which is great becuase SNAP Kitchen is providing many jobs. I greatly enjoy working there because it is a friendly and organized environment.
Pros
Shift Meals