Snap Kitchen Employee Reviews

no comment
team member (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2017
Hardest part is employees doing bare minimum and being in desperate need of staff, no discipline is enforced. Employees do not show up for work one day and then return the next without repercussions.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no advancement / educational progress
The most rewarding and genuine work atmosphere I've ever experienced
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
Snap Kitchen's culture and tone reverberates with a mission of success and dedication to it's constituents as well as the relentless obsession for great customer experience. The food is healthy, the culture is healthy, and the work life is healthy.
Pros
shift meals, guest engagement, sincere advancement opportunities
Teamwork
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2017
There was a lot of team work and communication going on in order to meet the daily requirements of how many food dishes to ship out and types of juices as well. The staff was really friendly and respectful to each other.
Solid Company
Front of House Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2017
Great product. I enjoyed sharing the high quality product with our (often daily returning) customers and looked forward to building relationships with my fellow employees as well as the customers.
Great Workplace!
Key Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2017
Growing company with opportunity for growth. A customer service focused job with an easy-going atmosphere. I've learned so much more about the meaning of healthy nutrition. Also providing people diet plans, calorie calculations, nutritional information is part of the job as a Key Lead.
Pros
Free Lunches, Work/Life Balance
positive people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2017
great people to work with - lot's of growth as a company. Most of the employees are very committed and enthusiastic, management in very involved. Lot's of changes as a company due to rapid growth.
Pros
great coworkers and customers - positive message
Cons
Lot's of changes as a company due to rapid growth.
Excellent environment for working.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXFebruary 24, 2017
A day at work was straightforward and enjoyable because of the upbeat environment and driven management I loved being a part of the team here and I loved working for such a progressive and exciting company.
Easy going supervisors a laid back fun place to the job atmosphere is laid back the work is easy but demanding at the same time i really like working
Dishwasher/ Zone Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2016
Easy going supervisors a laid back fun place to work the job atmosphere is laid back the work is easy but demanding at the same time i really like working their but im just looking forward to expanding my job opportunities by finding a better paying job that will help with my financial obligations an take some pressures off of me financially an I would love to start off in an internship position an have a chance to grow an move up in any company I don't mind starting from the bottom to work my way up to the top I would be an asset to any company that hires me an not a liability I just need some one to take a chance with me so I can show them that I'm a fast learner an I will get the job done always in a correct an safe manner my co workers are good decent people to work with very easy going people that helps with making our job that much easier to accomplish atypical day at the job is keeping the dish area in order taking out the trash sweeping and mopping the floors taking the trash to the dumpster breaking down card board an placing all the dishes an utinsels back on the shelves in their proper place so the cooks can do their job that much easier without running around the kitchen looking for the things that they need to prepare their meals the hours are flexible an your off day switch sometime depending on the schedule that comes out for the following week the best part of the job is that they serve us free lunch everyday an the worst part is that I don't get the weekends off
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Vision an dental benefits don't go into affect until you been with the company for one year
Changing Lives through food
Director of Culture (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2016
Worked with all kinds of phenomenal individuals. Staff really cared about the guests in the stores. The people at Snap are what really make a difference.
Pros
The food, the people, the community
Cons
Rapid growth, time management
Great Company
FOH Team Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2016
I love this company very much and have enjoyed my time with them. they are very passionate about what they do and about helping people achieve a healthier lifestyle. A typical work day includes interacting with guests and finding food that fits their dietary needs. I have a gained a wide knowledge about nutrition from working with this company. I have worked for a number of their locations and have always loved the general managers and the rest of the team members. Each store is like a family. The hardest part of the job is finding something to do during the slow days. Cleaning is always an option in the bigger stores. The most enjoyable part of the job is the FOOD, and of course, helping people.
packer
Packer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19134July 1, 2016
This is a good job, easy way to learn the food industry and great way to learn your way around the kitchen.
Co-workers are good, we work as a team to get the job done. My job, i work in cold temps so if you do not like the cold do not apply, they have other jobs as well. The company is great.
Great place to learn and move up
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2016
Snap kitchen is a wonderful place to work. just be on time respect management. Its easy to move up as well. If you're a person that doesn't stand on your feet well, that may be a challenge.
Pros
Free lunch, Good pay, Able to move up
Cons
Cold positions, on your feet
Fun Workplace, Nutrition Based Environment
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2016
Amazing Workplace, Friendly staff and great food! The knowledge you gain from knowing just what you are selling people will make you want to eat the food every day! The way you will learn to interact with customers and your co workers will change the way you see quality support and teamwork.
easy relaxed work place with continuing education
Front of House/ Nutrition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 2, 2016
relaxed professional work place and advocates continuing education. knowledgable co-workers. hard part is finding hours but the job is very rewardable.
Pros
helping others
Cons
hours
Younger workers
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 22, 2015
Great concept, but still learning and growing and a ton of miscommunication. However, very fun and great work life balance!
Productive environment thats changing lives
Cook/Butcher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
Snap Kitchen is changing lives everyday.
Working at Snap Kitchen I learned lot of skills, and how to prepare different foods for different diets. A typical day at work was 150lbs cleaned chicken breast, 80lbs Teres Major trimmed, and 130pc 3oz Salmon. The hardest part was working in a cooler environment; the most enjoyable was watching videos of customer showing appreciation for our jumpstart to a healthier eating lifestyle.
Snap Kitchen
Key Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2015
I would typically come in and see what is on the logs for the day (pickup, deliveries, etc.). I was a key lead so I was responsible for keeping the front of house staff on task. I also ran the end of day reports, opened/closed the store, and was the standing manager when the general manager was not present. I loved all my co-workers. Everyone was very motivated and shared the same interests. The hardest part of my job was balancing the high amount of hours with my school work load. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the ability to move up in position in the company. I was constantly being granted new responsibities.
Pros
Free food, great workers, close to home, great manager
Cons
Great place to work with upbeat staff!
Key Lead (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 16, 2015
This company is growing at an extremely rapid rate, which is great becuase SNAP Kitchen is providing many jobs. I greatly enjoy working there because it is a friendly and organized environment.
Pros
Shift Meals
Keylead
Assistant Manager/ Key lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2015
Open and close the store and handle cash deposits.
Assist customers and know how to explain our food and know about what makes our food different from our competition.
Pros
Free Food, happy customers, happy coworkers
Great kitchen for full or part time work
Food Preparer and Packager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive co-workers and management. The store is all about providing healthy food, though healthy often depends on definitions of fad diets (paleo, gluten-free, etc.). However the store does not really mind if you're not into paleo, etc. as long as you don't badmouth it in front of the customers, and even following their dietary restrictions they create excellent gourmet meals.

Work in the back (in the kitchen or along the food prep line) tends to be all "Go! Go! Go!" with no set breaks, only the ones you can find. However no one minds if you're not the fastest as long as you're obviously trying. And most weeks have some or all of the crews heading home early at least 1-2 a week.
Pros
Flexible hours, great food, many opportunities to get food freely or cheaply
Cons
Very active work-space, few breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Snap Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight