Snapsheet Employee Reviews

Good for a full time check until you find a better company
Customer Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Would be a better company if they didn't focus on building up management & focus more on having the carriers understand the process. Convenient downtown location Don't believe the hype, just another typical call center that only cares about calls per hour even if making the call doesn't make sense with the file. Work here until you find something better
Pros
Great location, reasonable benefits, happy hour
Cons
No room for growth in CSO, attendance point system
Great Experience
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2018
I really liked working at snapsheet because it was a great culture and I worked with great people. They provided lunch once a month and always had something going on.
A lot has changed
Customer Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 6, 2018
When I first started with snapsheet it was a company I enjoyed, they loved their employees and were willing to help. With the structure changes that have been made all of that has changed. There is room for advancement but only if you’re good friends with upper management. They are not open to new ideas, and they overlook their staff.
Great place
Customer Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
Great place to work but hard to advance because they are all a very tight knit click over there. So if you are not part of the click you better be it our won’t advance.
Craziness
Supplement negotiator (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 18, 2018
I worked as a supplement negotiator and it was the craziest thing I've ever experienced. This was due to on the original estimates they low balled the insured and claimant or chopped shops estimate by thousands of dollars hoping vehicle wouldn't be repaired. I was verbally abused by shops . They dictated the labor rates and they will put the craziest work load on you that will spin your head off your shoulder .They care only about number they are vampires they will bleed you dry . Only people that were happy were leads and manager
Pros
Pay and health insurance if you can get time off
Cons
Taking jobs, from real and honest, field adjusters, that really make a difference, in claim experiences for those at a lose
Solving Problems
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2018
I'm proud to say I work at Snapsheet. I like that our products solve real problems and, with that, everyone who works here is also expected to be a problem solver. I like that I'm charged with making an impact. If I want to make something better, I can. If I want to innovate, I can. There is a lack of red tape and a sense of autonomy that I appreciate.

I like the people I work with and I like the environment here. Favorite Perks: Happy hour on Friday's starting at 4, flexible work arrangements, a solid amount of PTO, snacks, cereal and an unlimited supply of LaCroix.
Pros
Product that solves real problems, collaborative team, innovative, work from home, solid PTO / Unlimited PTO, interesting work
Cons
Poor communication
typical
Customer Success Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2018
its a ok position if you young right out of high school or college and not sure of your direction and have customer service skills. Typical day taking inbound calls from members and non-members that were recently in a car accident providing support providing shops for repairs, extent of damage answering any concern member or non-member may have. laid back fairly new so policies are still being implemented, easy always having special events were they feed you..lol almost forgot friday's after work is our happy hour were beer and wine is serviced ipa,lagers you name it
Pros
after work social events every friday free drinks wine and beer
Cons
policies
Snapsheet
Auto collision damage appraiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
You are a number to them and you better produce numbers like a computer. They have high hopes and unreal expectations that are constantly changing due to a newly growing business.
Pros
great team and manager
Cons
You are a number to them and you better produce numbers like a computer. unreal expectations
Looks Fun, Isn't
Senior CSS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
Management has changed too many times recently and with little to no communication to be a good job anymore. Has turned very cliche-y. If you're in its all good, but if your out sucks for you.
Good Place to work if you need experience
Customer Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2018
I worked at Snapsheet for less than a year as a Customer Success Specialist, which is basically a fancy term the company uses for a call-center rep. Without a doubt, it was one of the most toxic environments I've ever worked at. The management is clueless about the direction the company is going in, and they will constantly monitor every single second you are working there. Unless, you have zero other options available, then look for employment elsewhere!
Pros
Free food and alcohol on certain days
Cons
Lack of opportunities within the company
Someday this will be a great company, just not now
Senior Supplemental Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 12, 2018
Review and negotiate supplements with body shops. Obtain necessary supporting documents. Work from home, but you end up working more than your 8 hours in order to meet your quota.
Managers really don't have much authority, as they are told by upper management what to do. Micro managed every step of the way. All phone calls are recorded for audit purposes which is understandable. What's not acceptable is to have your manager send you a chat and critique a call while you are still on the phone with the body shop. One week you are told you are not on the phone enough and the next you are on the phone too much. Some employees are able to complete above average number of claims by not doing everything required, which seems to be more acceptable than quality work.
I feel that this company grew at a rate too fast for the knowledge that upper management had. New management is being brought in, and hopefully that will help.
Unlimited PTO, as long as staffing and claims volume will allow.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, monthly mailers for remote employees
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic expectations, micromanaged, quantity over quality
Great job if you're looking for something temporary
Customer Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Working at Snapsheet has its perks since it's a laid back environment with a young vibe. Not a lot of career advancements since the company is still figuring things out and growing. Promotions are out of favoritism and not out of merit. This is a place where you can't really grow in the company.
start up
Supplement Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Work from homeMay 8, 2017
Unrealistic expectations for estimators. pay and medical coverage is good. that's about it. change happens very fast and very often, no consistency at all.
Pros
Pay, health insurance
Cons
overworked and micromanaged
Exciting, dynamic, innovative company with a demanding, yet fun and social work environment
Lead Customer Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
A great, innovative, fast-growing company. Fun work environment and a commitment to constantly improving processes and communication. High growth means high work load and high expectations.
Pros
Fun, casual work environment for in-office employees, Ample opportunity for advancement for high acheivers, good company culture, exciting company growth
Cons
High volume work, career paths not always well-defined, lacking the HR and IT support structure of larger companies
Solid Opportunity
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2016
. Get ready to work this is not for the weak
. They will provide some good training and within 90 days would like to see you hitting about 15-20 estimates a day. The vets are doing more.
. Good review dept.
. Supp dept. have very good negotiators
. Looks like an place that could have promotion opportunities within a few months of working there.
. Young and aggressive management group looking to move this company to a recognizable brand among the top Insurance groups in the business. They will do it too!
Pros
Good training. They want to see everyone succeed. Good pay to start.
Stressful
Estimating Supplement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2016
Quantity is more important than quality. Managers have no management skills or training. No clear path for advancement or even raises.
Great starter career with start up company
Supplement Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 30, 2015
Snapsheet created a smart phone app for insurance companies to offer their customers after having a car accident. Take a few photos and an estimate is sent within a few hours to start your claim. It is great for anyone that uses their phones for nearly everything. Expect 8 hour shifts as overtime is rarely needed. Fun and casual atmosphere.
Pros
Great starting point to get your career going
Cons
Location is ok but very limited on lunch options unless you time the CTA or shuttle bus properly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Snapsheet. Our community is ready to answer.

Snapsheet Reviews by Location