Sneaker Villa Employee Reviews

It’s very fast paced & somewhat fun to work.
Supervising staff (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIFebruary 10, 2018
A typical day at work with me is.
Serving each & every customer with the worlds greatest customer service. The most enyjoyable time at work for me is when everyone comes to work with positive vibes
I had a whole lot of fun working for the company opening up new stores was a great experience
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 6, 2018
I traveled all over the state of Michigan opening up new stores meeting new people that was a fantastic opportunity and great experience that I could take with me anyway
Pros
Discounts and paid days off
Cons
Sometimes dealing with outre customers
A low wage job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MIJanuary 17, 2018
They sell fake jordans and don't pay well but it's a fun environment, you do stock, cleaning and prevent people from stealing everyday. The stores are not that busy and villa is in debt to nike for millions of dollars.
productive and fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
It was a good job, just needed benefits and they were not able to provide, but they wanted me to stay in position as management. productive and fun to work at and always gave a good environment for customers and employees
Retail
Team Led, I assisted the manger (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2018
Sneaker villa is a urban fashion retail store that competes with foot locker and Mr.Alans the only difference is they don’t pay sales Commission to their sales reps.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits
This job should be reserved for high school and college kids who need work experience
Fashion Expert/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2018
A typical day is dealing with customers who are mostly rude and entitled. Grabbing shoes, replenishing sales floor, ringing out customers at the register, pushing new product are some daily tasks but not limited to. The pay is only okay for a side hustle and the discount is decent.
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2017
40th and lancaster villa fired people to keep a girl there that got two DUIs and spent almost a year in jail. This job is nothing but a hood click. HORRIBLE
Easy place to work with little to no incentives
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 30, 2017
Sneaker Villa is a good first time job but if a person has any financial responsibility I wouldn't recommend it. Sneaker Villa is one of, or maybe the only sneaker store that doesn't pay commission. $8.50 an hour/20-30 hours a week isn't doing anyone that has bills any justice. The discount is not enough.
Pros
discount, great employees/management
Cons
no incentives
Fair
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 9, 2017
I would Have stayed as an employee if I would have had a consistent schedule. I would go an entire pay period with out a schedule. I loved what my job was , however did not have enough hours to enjoy my job.
They dont pay enough
Third Key-holder (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2017
they want you to work all day making them money to pay you nothing, then those that don't work hard can be paid more depending on the manager then you get a quarter raise every year which means 4 years will get you about 8.50. dont work there.
Productive And Fast Paced
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2017
I Started out at Sneaker Villa as temp, moved up to full time. The only reason i am looking for a new job is because my family is growing and i am currently in school for welding.
Its a okay starter job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 28, 2017
its cool at first, but if you dont work morning shifts its awful tbh, your walking around all day.. breaks are taken away from us for the most part, also when you have to clean the outlet side its awful x1,000,000. People there are great and treated me like family though.
Fun and productive
Asst Buyer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
This was a very fast paced competitive enviroment with plenty of room for advancement. I enjoyed my 5 years with this company and it taught me alot of professional and life lessons.
Love selling Sneakers
Fashion Expert 1 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
on a busy day it can be hectic but its still a great place t work. I love being able to work in the community it s a great feeling almost like your giving back
nice work place
Fashion Expert (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2017
fun to work here, very nice enviroment, the people are friendly , the work day is very swift, and i like to work hard so this was a great place for me
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2017
Good environment to work. Working here gives you that family feel. Fast paced during the holiday season slows down a bit during summer season but still plenty to do around the stores.
great work day interating with people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2017
I learned how to manage a store I learned how to deal with many personalities being the leader of others guiding them through the right path. I enjoy helping a customer pick out something they need and end up loving the apparel and sneakers leaving with a smile.
Pros
breaks, great oppertunities
Cons
hours, benifits
Great company that thrives on superior customer service.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 14, 2017
Sneaker Villa allowed for enormous career advancement based upon monitored performance. The work culture and environment was very competitive and goal oriented.
Summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2017
It is a good job to have if you are in high school, or if you are a sneaker head. No no perks in working there except 30%discount. Other than that there isn't much to highlight except your staff.
It is an interesting work place
Cashier/ MIT (Current Employee) –  PGH, PAAugust 10, 2017
I think sneaker villa is a great job for those who enjoy meeting and dealing with new people on the daily. It also helps if you enjoy the newest clothes and also shoes. It allows your creative side to come out and help others express theirs as well