Snelling Employee Reviews

When I got fired for no reason they had some of my items and it was a pain and just to try to get them that I just let them and keep it
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIJanuary 3, 2019
Never work for a temp service before this place definitely would not recommend the temp service quit a 7-year job for Snelling and work for about 6 months and basically got fired for no reason. Never missed a day was always on time work hard. I was a driver supposedly he's some lady called and they never talked to me about it nothing I just got a phone call when I got home and said that I was fired basically was out of a job and no money so definitely don't recommend it it's not a secure place they like to just keep people in temporary so that they can keep getting paid off on the if you get a full-time job permanently they don't get paid off of you. Do yourself a favor find a job somewhere else unless you really need it I keep looking and drop them as soon as you can. They make everything sound so good but then when you get to a job it's not what they say it is. Better off getting hired in somewhere by yourself. Hope this helps some of you good luck good
Pros
Quit job money fast
Cons
Your job is not very secure and can be fired anytime
Enjoyed working for the company, majority of the time
PACKAGING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 31, 2018
Snelling found me a great temporary position, but unfortunately, I was a temp for over a year and never was hired on. The pay was more than average, but still less than what full-time employees of the company (which kept me as a temp) were making, which seemed very odd and unfair. Overall, Snelling is great for founding a job, quickly, but don't expect benefits, paid time off, or equal wages.
Pros
Great Options For Jobs, Management Is Dedicated To Their Clients
Cons
Will Always Be Temporary, Make Lower Wages Than The Rest, No Benefits
They provide great opportunities!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2018
The Snelling staff cares about what you're capable of and where you'd fit in within their placements. I've learned a lot and appreciate their friendliness.
Pros
Good pay, friendly, good management
Fun Place to Work
Staff Agent (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILNovember 5, 2018
I learned teamwork and how to troubleshoot and to work independently. The culture s very fair and equitable. Management is nice to employees.The most enjoyable part of this job is that it like you work at a new place every now and then.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Lack of work
Very busy place to work made the day go by fast
Human Resource Intake Officer (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 28, 2018
I like working at Snelling, alot of appointment setting, seeing new faces, problem solving and just helping others on their feet to have a new career.
Pros
Off on the weekends
Cons
No raises
If they offer you the roadside dispatch position, run!
none (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 28, 2018
No/few/short breaks, poor training, dirty and unsanitary facilities, bad management, below market value pay for work performed is what you'll receive at the roadside dispatch facility they staff for. The training class I attended was 13 people shoved into a ten by ten room most of the time. When it came to actually getting on the computers to learn the system, we had to double up because they didn't have enough computers for each trainee. The office facility was disgusting, there were dead bugs everywhere and in one room a dead mouse was lying in the corner. Once out of training and taking calls, you'll be lucky to get a break and if you do, you have to keep it short (5 mins or less). No headsets, you're expected to balance a phone receiver on your shoulder while you type, and if the other line rings (there are two phones at your desk) you have to pick that one up too without putting the other one down. The non management staff was mostly nice, some shady types though. Management was an absolute joke, full of nepotism and just unethical people.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
everything.
learned alot new software
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75243October 19, 2018
we used alot of new software packages. learned to get faster at data entry. Management is great. The workplace culture was good. The hardest part of job was speed of the data entry.
Comprehensive Job Assistance
Office Receptionist/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 28, 2018
While with Snelling, I worked for a local doctor's office. I was able to apply a lot of the skills I posses. I enjoyed working with patients and helping them to schedule appointments based on their insurance benefits and schedule. I did get to learn how to use software that helps manage a medical practice as well as understanding insurance benefits. Not only did my job require scheduling and managing the clinic, I also got to develop relationships with the patients and other doctor's offices. The recruiter for Snelling was great to work with and I even received the Snelling employee of the month in June.The commute as well as the salary were not what I needed to be able to care for my family.
Pros
Relationships with patients, learning new software
Cons
Commute, wages
Look for work elsewhere
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  HawaiiSeptember 14, 2018
After nine years of service never approved a two week vacation. You can find better benefits at KFC. High Turn over in the Executive leadership over the pass 2 years
Temporary position with limited work hours required
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 8, 2019
Job was slow but learned alot about personnel and management for future reference

Additional knowledge of Outlook and Excel experience was appreciated

Tight knit group and easy to work with

Needed more than 20 hours in the work week

Close to home and little traffic issues
A great place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 14, 2018
Great place to work if you like to travel and like to try new things. If you are in seek of a career, you are able to find one here or the employer might like you and you will be able to stay fulltime.
Pros
Good people and good communication
Cons
traveling
Not what i expected
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 29, 2018
I worked for a cheese company through snelling in Tupelo,MS. I can tell you this.. They are very unorganized, they lure people in with pay rates that are counteracted through the distances that make people travel just to get top wage. And when i left their company i was working for they made me miss out on job opportunities and actual work because they did not want to return or even look for my items that were left. I had to move out of my house and call their corporate offices just to get what i needed from them which took weeks of me calling and leaving messages and getting no reply from the office i worked for. They should honestly move that company out of the Tupelo area. They're not the company i used to know years ago, and i wouldnt suggest anyone in the area to work for them.
good people.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 11, 2018
Most days we would drive to different sites to inspect parts. The management team was awesome and drove a positive culture. Most jobs were very detailed oriented and challenging. the team work and comradery was great.
Pros
great people
Cons
not always having work
Friendly work environment with decent benefits
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2018
Snellings software and procedures are outdated and convoluted, creating some challenges in operation. There is high turnover in the field, though the commission packages are competitive.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, casual atmosphere
Cons
Compensation is below average, software is outdated
Provided lots of temporary assignments.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 20, 2019
Snelling kept me busy with temporary assignments so I was always getting a paycheck while looking for something more permanent. The only negative to working there was that none of my temporary positions led to anything full-time or permanent. I learned a lot of skills that helped me land other employment, however.
Pros
Always getting assignments
Cons
No assignments led to full-time/permanent positions
Great place to work for Students
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2018
If you like going to a different place daily, this is a great place to work for. They are also good for students who need flexible hours. There is not much job security with a temp agency though.
fun workplace
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 25, 2018
nice people steady work and management was understanding to needs and they helped with transportation when needed great atmosphere and sometimes they supplied lunch
Pros
good hours training was easy
Cons
sometimes not enough hours
Fun Workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2018
It was a great place to work! They offer a great service to people looking for a career not just a job. I would recommend their services to anyone looking for a career.
Temp in Collections
Lead a companywide seminar to train peers (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 4, 2018
Filed legal paperwork, assisted management complete paperwork, assist collection agents files legal paperwork. The managers take a hands-off approach and you are left to learn your job by asking questions from current collectors and the attorney's on staff. It did assist me in learning the legal process of suing clients for non-payment that ultimately help in other jobs I've had.
Pros
Hour flexibility, learned legal paperwork and procedures
Cons
No benefits, no advancement, no additional hours
Great job for anyone looking for flexible work hours and a variety of job assignments
Temporary Staff Personnel (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 16, 2018
Temporary staffing for events/jobs in the Denver area. Worked a long-term assignment (3 months for a document scanning company as well as a variety of short-term assignments such ticket seller, convention registration, and crowd control/security. Would work for this staffing company again if I moved back to Denver.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not a dependable source of income, just supplemental

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Snelling. Our community is ready to answer.