Snohomish County Employee Reviews

seasonal position decent pay fast paced
Energy Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 22, 2019
fast paced - day goes by quickly. Seasonal so no real benefits but pay is pretty good. Because seasonal management does not treat you the same as a year round employee. Could do a lot better with package as job is very detailed and stressful
Pros
good pay, fast paced
Cons
no benefits
Do as I say, not as I do
Booking Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 1, 2019
They tell you the biggest thing here is to tell the truth and then when you do, you are punished for it. I was brought in as a temp basically, and never had training until my 7th week there, they elected not to hire me because I broke a policy my first week there. They also play favorites HEAVILY, people in the same department can do something you are told is absolutely unacceptable, such as wearing your hair up or taking your earrings out and having your nails cut short even though they have long acrylic nails, which again is something that is covered in policy that I would have known before hand, had I been in training before my seventh week. The officers in booking, including the sergeants, instigate a lot of the fights with inmates by how they act towards them. They are constantly making fun of them demeaning them and treating them as if they are nothing more than garbage. Some of the things that they say are just inexcusable. They really are the reason why people have a bad taste in their mouth for law enforcement. I absolutely can agree after seeing their behavior, especially a handful of them, as to why people think cops are dirty. They even self admitted they had a ton of turn over in this position and others. The staff that was in training with us was even making fun of inmate deaths that had been happening there in previous years and stated that he was glad one of them happened and did not feel bad about it at all... that's the kind of people this place hires.
Pros
Free coffee, free water, free ice
Cons
Lack of training, No integrity, No morals, Favoritism, Nasty bathrooms, No secure area for your belongings, No accountability on the employers part, no parking
It’s ok
Juvenile Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 22, 2019
Getting a bit burned out! Not enjoying the job as much as I used to! The government mentality is getting old and gets in the way of why we work with kids
Can Be Fun
Sheriff's Deputy (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 2, 2019
Compared to other agencies it is a lot more fun. But weak union and low pay make this not worth it. If you're single or have no kids then working here will give you a lot of experience. But if you like to be financially successful and prepared regardless of having kids or not this is not the place to be.
love it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 7, 2019
love Snow Co and helping serve the mental health needs of its citizens. Many challenges, but very rewarding work helping link clients to needed services in our county and nearby laces.
Facilities Maintenance
Facilities Maintenance worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAFebruary 13, 2019
I worked with amazing people, love the people I worked with. The very best management. Everyone works as a Team to achieve the same goal. I highly recommend a job with Snohomish county.
Pros
The job
Cons
Not permanent
Good pay and excellent benefits.
Site Attendant (Current Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 17, 2018
Great place to work but seniority plays a big part of the shifts and vacation bidding. Working weekends is the norm but no evening shifts. Summer can be busy and stressful but overall it's a very good job. Its hard to beat the benefits provided!
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits.
Cons
No breaks and weekends required.
If they threaten your life, DO NOT report it.
Snohomish County Sheriff Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 9, 2018
Daily racial/cultural harassment. Reported overheard discussion of killing me and hiding my body to Supervisor. Was dismissed within a few weeks for "performance" issues. Inconsistent/unfair treatment of employees. Back office is full of corruption. Commissioned officers were first class, non-commissioned personnel were dishonest and corrupt.

Snohomish County was both the BEST place to work (Auditor's Office) and the WORST, most crooked unlawful and dangerous place I have ever experienced in my life. (Sheriff's Office)
Excellent Intern Experience
Water Quality Intern (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 14, 2018
Extremely nice environment to work in, the people there are very knowledgeable and professional. Highly recommend. They compensate their interns on a very fair scale.
worked on the election team
Temp Elections worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 7, 2018
This was a temp job working on an election.

Collecting ballots - meeting voters, counting votes, helping organize areas of voting, delivering the votes.

It was great - meeting the people
Seeing the excitement.
Pros
Meeting the people - being part of the excitement of an election
Cons
Standing in pouring cold rain getting colder and colder
Possibilities are endless
Administrative Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 9, 2018
Consistent and lots of growth potential if you desire.

Diversity could be better - still going through growing pains as the county itself is changing . .

Good benefits and security of your are looking for that
Pros
Opportunities for growth
Cons
Not very diverse in its hiring
Respectful Environment With Opportunites for Advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 14, 2018
Snohomish County provides ample learning and advancement opportunities for all employees. The work environment is positive,comfortable and safe and encourages employees to collaborate both in the same division, as well as, across other county divisions. Some projects require working alongside other city and county entities. Snohomish County prides itself on providing services for all citizens of Snohomish County and strives to deliver those services in a professional manner.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Timelines can sometimes be stressful
Intern
Office of Public Defense Intern (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 4, 2018
I was an unpaid interned and I had a wonderful experience. I was able to gain first-hand experience with the court system which was helpful towards my future career goals.
wonderful company
Assistant store Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 4, 2018
Great company with career advancements. Great benefits and retirement plan. Fair training and always room for improvement. Was a wonderful company to work for
temp assignment
Temp Elections worker (Former Employee) –  Snohomish WAAugust 22, 2018
I was a volunteer for the County for the Elections. They were very nice to work with. The environment was relaxed but active. Very organized and staff easy to work with.
Fun summer job
Road Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Snohomish County, WAJuly 16, 2018
Meeting in the morning for assignments and crew members. variety of assignments from cleaning catch basins to clearing trees. communicating with the public about work being done is enjoyable.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
Temp position
Productive, helpful to seniors. A great service
Senior Services (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 10, 2018
The job was challenging and consistent in its goals.
Management was fair and tolerant .
Almost all employees were kind and a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was realizing I could not learn fast enough.
Overall, I enjoyed the job because of the people we helped.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Strict goverment grant regulations
Refuse to answer
Refuse to disclose (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 6, 2017
Refuse to answer as I believe it could be tracked back to my position and affect my ability to continue working there. "Your company review and job title will be shown publicly on Indeed".
Pros
Location, compensation
Cons
Stress, lack of clear career advancement, department leadership
Productive. Amazing team work.
Seasonal Road Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 17, 2017
I loved every second of working for Snohomish County. I plan to come back as a full time permanent employee as soon as I can. I love the county and everyone involved.
Snohomish Count Head Start and Everett Municipal Court
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  14 E Casino Rd #B Everett WAOctober 4, 2017
I actually was employed by the City of Everett as a Court Clerk. I really enjoyed the work, however the lack of team player and lack of advancement became quite intolerable in my 13th year, and I felt I had to retire at that time for my own sanity. The benefits were fantastic, the work days were quite enjoyable. there was job security, and a yearly raise could be counted on. The vacation pay was fabulous, the sick days were great to have, especially in the times of an emergency illness.
Pros
Job Security, Great benefits
Cons
environment tended to be quite clickish (?) and not a team player involved atmosphere.