Snohomish County Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Productive, helpful to seniors. A great service
Senior Services (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 10, 2018
The job was challenging and consistent in its goals.
Management was fair and tolerant .
Almost all employees were kind and a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was realizing I could not learn fast enough.
Overall, I enjoyed the job because of the people we helped.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Strict goverment grant regulations
Refuse to answer
Refuse to disclose (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 6, 2017
Refuse to answer as I believe it could be tracked back to my position and affect my ability to continue working there. "Your company review and job title will be shown publicly on Indeed".
Pros
Location, compensation
Cons
Stress, lack of clear career advancement, department leadership
Productive. Amazing team work.
Seasonal Road Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 17, 2017
I loved every second of working for Snohomish County. I plan to come back as a full time permanent employee as soon as I can. I love the county and everyone involved.
Snohomish Count Head Start and Everett Municipal Court
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  14 E Casino Rd #B Everett WAOctober 4, 2017
I actually was employed by the City of Everett as a Court Clerk. I really enjoyed the work, however the lack of team player and lack of advancement became quite intolerable in my 13th year, and I felt I had to retire at that time for my own sanity. The benefits were fantastic, the work days were quite enjoyable. there was job security, and a yearly raise could be counted on. The vacation pay was fabulous, the sick days were great to have, especially in the times of an emergency illness.
Pros
Job Security, Great benefits
Cons
environment tended to be quite clickish (?) and not a team player involved atmosphere.
Great people to work with
Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 2, 2017
Passionate co-workers, great programs that help the community. Pay is not too great but the staff is wonderful and time off is flexible. Would recommend, especially if you live in Snohomish County.
Productive and fun work place
Programs Trainee (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 13, 2017
I was hired as an intern for this company. My experience was initial office administrative duties training and office support for the full time employees.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with
Cons
There are no cons
Great place for Positive People to work
case manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, waNovember 4, 2016
Great place to work. Hard work, but if you are positive and care about doing a good job, it's a great place and a great career.
Co-workers and management supportive and want the best for the people they serve.

if you are one of those people who just want to do the minimum to get the county benefits and good pay, this is not the place for you.
Pros
great career working with people committed to helping others
Cons
work is never done; always something more you can and should do
Great people to work with. Management is corrupt.
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 24, 2016
Management is corrupt and thereby causing smart people to leave and massive waste in programs because of the management. People on the ground floor are great.
Best place to work. Fun staff and great benefits.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 6, 2016
Management needs improvement. Staff, health benefits, salary and work conditions are excellent. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with a big case-load. the best part is the work environment.
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 21, 2016
Great to place to work. Internal and external customer service oriented. Provided ongoing training and staff development. Celebrated employee's achievements.
Summer only pool
Aquatic Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 5, 2015
This pool is a summer only pool so it requires all staff to be hired every summer, so all trainings and informational meetings are quick and intense. Management changes each year because the county can not afford to pay any more for a job that typically pays at least $5-$10 more an hour.
However, it is a wonderful neighborhood pool, where kids grow up and spend their summer days relaxing. Co-workers are generally teenagers.
Pros
Summer only facility
Loved the variety
Road Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAOctober 3, 2015
I loved being able to do something different everyday and I worked with a great crew. My management was great and I always knew what was expected of me. I would like to go back next season.
Parks department accounting assistant/office administrator
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 19, 2015
Excellent place to work in a professional environment. Management was efficient and helpful and the co-workers always were cheerful. The hardest part was learning all the different programs. The parks department always had something interesting going on.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Only part-time
County Councilman/ County Ombudsman (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 16, 2015
As a former County Councilman and subsequently the County Ombudsman I took great pride in the quality and consistent constituent work of our office.My previous 20 years business experience was valuable in developing good public policy. I thoroughly enjoyed the policy work and developed many strong and valued relationships.
Rewarding awarding as a voice for children in foster care
VGAL - Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 4, 2015
I loved this incredibly rewarding work as a guardian ad litem. I worked directly with children of all ages, social workers, foster care and biological parents, and attorneys.

Most rewarding piece to me was that I saw my work was effective and helped children to obtain necessary services and improved overall quality of life.
Pros
Seeing the impact of my work.
Cons
Emotionally difficult at times.
fun
Senior Services (Former Employee) –  everertt wa.November 25, 2014
it was a fun place to work. working with the elderly and disable was a plus. they were always excited to see the driver because the got to go somewhere and feel like they where independent.
Rewarding Position
Benefits & Wellness Administrator (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 14, 2014
I enjoy working for the County. I am always open to exploring other opportunities and/or jobs to become more rounded and knowledgeable.
Community nutritionist position.
Senior Services (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 4, 2014
I have always likes community work, whether in nutrition or mental health.
Got to work outside most of the time.
Road Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Cathcart Way, SnohomishDecember 28, 2013
Good place to work. Many interesting people.Learned many roads I never knew were even there.
Pros
outside most of the time.
Cons
weather could be bad at times.
Interesting, challenging job
Administrative Assistant to Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA 98201November 25, 2013
Loved my jobs with the County, I miss the people I worked with dearly. I have nothing negative to say about my position's with the County.