Snohomish County Employee Reviews

Possibilities are endless
Administrative Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 9, 2018
Consistent and lots of growth potential if you desire.

Diversity could be better - still going through growing pains as the county itself is changing . .

Good benefits and security of your are looking for that
Pros
Opportunities for growth
Cons
Not very diverse in its hiring
Respectful Environment With Opportunites for Advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 14, 2018
Snohomish County provides ample learning and advancement opportunities for all employees. The work environment is positive,comfortable and safe and encourages employees to collaborate both in the same division, as well as, across other county divisions. Some projects require working alongside other city and county entities. Snohomish County prides itself on providing services for all citizens of Snohomish County and strives to deliver those services in a professional manner.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Timelines can sometimes be stressful
Intern
Office of Public Defense Intern (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 4, 2018
I was an unpaid interned and I had a wonderful experience. I was able to gain first-hand experience with the court system which was helpful towards my future career goals.
wonderful company
Assistant store Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 4, 2018
Great company with career advancements. Great benefits and retirement plan. Fair training and always room for improvement. Was a wonderful company to work for
temp assignment
Temp Elections worker (Former Employee) –  Snohomish WAAugust 22, 2018
I was a volunteer for the County for the Elections. They were very nice to work with. The environment was relaxed but active. Very organized and staff easy to work with.
Fun summer job
Road Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Snohomish County, WAJuly 16, 2018
Meeting in the morning for assignments and crew members. variety of assignments from cleaning catch basins to clearing trees. communicating with the public about work being done is enjoyable.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
Temp position
Supportive.
Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  covered whole countyJune 20, 2018
A good learning experience. Too much travel and not enough staff training and development. The agency does not pay for license renewal or CEUs/training.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
long hours and travel.
Productive, helpful to seniors. A great service
Senior Services (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 10, 2018
The job was challenging and consistent in its goals.
Management was fair and tolerant .
Almost all employees were kind and a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was realizing I could not learn fast enough.
Overall, I enjoyed the job because of the people we helped.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Strict goverment grant regulations
Refuse to answer
Refuse to disclose (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 6, 2017
Refuse to answer as I believe it could be tracked back to my position and affect my ability to continue working there. "Your company review and job title will be shown publicly on Indeed".
Pros
Location, compensation
Cons
Stress, lack of clear career advancement, department leadership
Productive. Amazing team work.
Seasonal Road Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 17, 2017
I loved every second of working for Snohomish County. I plan to come back as a full time permanent employee as soon as I can. I love the county and everyone involved.
Snohomish Count Head Start and Everett Municipal Court
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  14 E Casino Rd #B Everett WAOctober 4, 2017
I actually was employed by the City of Everett as a Court Clerk. I really enjoyed the work, however the lack of team player and lack of advancement became quite intolerable in my 13th year, and I felt I had to retire at that time for my own sanity. The benefits were fantastic, the work days were quite enjoyable. there was job security, and a yearly raise could be counted on. The vacation pay was fabulous, the sick days were great to have, especially in the times of an emergency illness.
Pros
Job Security, Great benefits
Cons
environment tended to be quite clickish (?) and not a team player involved atmosphere.
Great people to work with
Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 2, 2017
Passionate co-workers, great programs that help the community. Pay is not too great but the staff is wonderful and time off is flexible. Would recommend, especially if you live in Snohomish County.
Productive and fun work place
Programs Trainee (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 13, 2017
I was hired as an intern for this company. My experience was initial office administrative duties training and office support for the full time employees.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with
Cons
There are no cons
Great people to work with
Home Health Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 30, 2017
I was called to work a day or two per week. Received my assignment for the day, usually 5 patients. Depending on the addresses whether in town or more rural my day could be as short as 3 hours or 10 hours.
Friendly Co-Workers, Fantastic Mission
Health Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 12, 2016
The coworkers are friendly, dedicated people and the management is the same. There are several offices, so sometimes one might not feel as connected to the whole agency as desired.

Overall it's a great place to work with benefits if you're full-time
Pros
location, potlucks, benefits
Cons
not enough comradery
Worked many years as a Seasonal Road Maintenance Employee
Road Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Snohomish County, WANovember 13, 2016
Great pay, great shifts (4 10's) and busy work. Enjoyed working every summer and put many years away with Snohomish County. Great people, and satisfying work.
Great place for Positive People to work
case manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, waNovember 4, 2016
Great place to work. Hard work, but if you are positive and care about doing a good job, it's a great place and a great career.
Co-workers and management supportive and want the best for the people they serve.

if you are one of those people who just want to do the minimum to get the county benefits and good pay, this is not the place for you.
Pros
great career working with people committed to helping others
Cons
work is never done; always something more you can and should do
Great people to work with. Management is corrupt.
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 24, 2016
Management is corrupt and thereby causing smart people to leave and massive waste in programs because of the management. People on the ground floor are great.
Best place to work. Fun staff and great benefits.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 6, 2016
Management needs improvement. Staff, health benefits, salary and work conditions are excellent. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with a big case-load. the best part is the work environment.
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 21, 2016
Great to place to work. Internal and external customer service oriented. Provided ongoing training and staff development. Celebrated employee's achievements.