Snowbird Resort Employee Reviews

Poor management, poor HR department
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Snowbird, UTJune 17, 2018
High turnover with management. Always understaffed departments. Senior management doesn't care about employees.
Rules and expectations are never followed. Snowbird's HR doesn't stand for Human Resources, because there are none.
Pros
skiing, snowboarding
Cons
management
Stressful work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Snowbird, UTJune 8, 2018
For the most part, Snowbird can be a fun place to work. Without the free lift ticket that employees are encouraged to use during their off hours, working here is terriible.
No wonder the high turnover rate
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Snowbird, UTApril 19, 2018
Long hours, little pay and nothing but issues. Lack of training, lack of professionalism, management favoritism, lack of communication, rules only apply when they want them to, very little chance for advancements.
Pros
ski pass (held over your head every chance they get)
Cons
pay, hours favoritism
Great perks
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Snowbird, UTJanuary 18, 2018
Loved the people. Beautiful place to work! Great perks. I want to go back eventually because I really miss a lot of the people I worked with. People tend to stay there a while.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Hard to get to work sometimes.
Dishwasher/ prep cook
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 25, 2017
I learned how to multi task while dishwasher and prep cook same time, I learned how to fast pace to dishwasher to finish whole dishes before my shift over.
Pros
Free lunch, teamwork
Cons
up and down hours
What a Joke
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Snowbird, UTAugust 6, 2017
The Human Resource office is a inept bunch of idiots. The whole work environment your a person who is " aggressive, out-going result oriented" forget working here. This place is best to ski and leave....
Really---Human Resource Department would be best served in a different workplace--perhaps McDonalds.
Pros
Ski Pass
Cons
Dull, lame working enviroment
Fun, easy going, good first job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 27, 2017
Working with mostly other young adults, we cleaned the time share suites and rooms and paid on how quickly we could do so. The management was kind and easily approachable. Going up to the mountains every Saturday was amazing and refreshing. The other employees were nice and, though we honestly didn't see them much unless it was a week day, the guest were always kind to as well. The pay is interesting because you can make a lot in a day, but you can also make very little. That probably the one thing I wished was explained better.
Only work here if you want to ski or snowboard
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Snowbird, UTApril 29, 2017
Recruiting is not efficient, full time is 20-30 hours they will not tell you until you are hired. Pay is below average for ski industry, management is EXTREMELY disorganized and hard headed, guests are uninformed and stressed, this place is a mess. The entire mountain is consistently understaffed for the amount of guest at the resort. The commute is dangerous with avalanches crossing the road while open to public. Employees are expected to stay nights or wake up at 4 am to beat road closure with little to no compensation. The bus system to Snowbird does not run the entire year. I fought my hardest for several years to set our guests up for success and Snowbird management consistently made my job harder by not giving me the tools needed to succeed. I got told to NEVER help a guest out of uniform or off the clock that is how much management cares about rules and regulations over paying guests. There is a free ski pass and a end of season bonus, but this will be frequently dangled over your head to consistently overwork you. I would NEVER recommend this company to ANYBODY.

Also DO NOT eat at the Forklift or Gritts Deli I have personally seen cockroachs while innthe kitchen.
Pros
Ski pass
Cons
Pay, management, commute, saftey, hours, policies, parking
No better place to work than this mountain
Snowmaking Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hill MaintenanceApril 22, 2015
Mountain work is the best work. Everybody who works at Snowbird works here for the skiing and the great environment. Clean air, great views, great people.
Pros
location, location, location
Cons
money isn't as good as places in the valley
Productive and rewarding workplace
REVENUE AUDITOR/AR & AP/SENIOR CLERK (Former Employee) –  AccountingFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day as revenue auditor involves task that enforce my problem solving skills and attention to detail. Improving these skills has proven to be incredibly rewarding. Our management team encourages growth and career development. The most enjoyable part of the job is the room for continual improvement.