Snowshoe Mountain Resort Employee Reviews

Fun place to work when you have hood team members who is willing to work together
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  SnowhoeJuly 5, 2019
I think this company needs a lot more attention in their housekeeping department and if workers are station at a specific area to work each day they would get a lot more done
Pros
Good housing
Cons
Health care
Logistically-inept MGMT; Nepotism Fallacy;
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Slatyfork, WVApril 5, 2019
This place... uh. Ok.
Snowshoe Mountain is one of the biggest employers in Pocahontas county. Given, they have to keep most of the locals on their payroll, particularly in positions that one would eventually want to find themselves in. Also given the fact that nearly 1/3rd of the staff is international workers, you will find that internationals have to settle with whatever job they are given. So between the locals on the payroll, the international workers, and those who come from outside WV, you will quickly find that you will ALSO have to settle for the job they give you. ("but this person applied to work for Food & Beverage. What did you expect?")

Well,

If you've ever found yourself to be one of the smartest people in a room full of strangers, you would probably expect to stand out and be seen by upper-mgmt. Nope. Not here. This place needs a makeover from the inside-out. They need new minds.

They do a great job of making this place look like it's not hanging by a thread every day. It's all smoke and mirrors.

I would never come back here.
Pros
Free lunch, free ski pass
Cons
Short-staffed, Difficult to advance, nepotism
Snowshoe is one of the most memorable that happened to me.
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Ritchie County, WVJanuary 16, 2019
People will always be there to help you anytime and help you learn new stuffs. You will enjoy you day to day basis and excited to go to work since everyone was friendly and will treat you fairly.
i loved the golf course
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Slatyfork, WVJanuary 10, 2019
that was the best job ever you had to walk alot of miles some days but you were outside all the time working and it was great we had a great crew and never hardly ever had to work week ends
Pros
got lots of exersice
Cons
feet hurt alot
It was a great training ground for a newly graduate like me.
Intern (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJanuary 7, 2019
It was not as what I expected because it was a Ski Resort but still able to learned a lot from our Chefs there. We worked with different foreigner like Aussie, Brazilians, Peruvians, South Africans, Americans and Filipinos as well. The hardest part of my job was going to work at 5 in the morning walking while it is snowing so hard like it was really a struggle because it's my first time experiencing snow. The most enjoyable part was you are able to experience everything that they offer, you can Ski and Snowboard anytime you want.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short time
flessibile
Cuoco di linea (Former Employee) –  stati unitiJune 26, 2018
un azienda che cura molto i propri dipendenti, un posto in cui tornarci
Pros
buoni pasto
Cons
low grow for a culinary
SnowShoe
LIFT ATTENDANT/HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  West Virginia - USAJune 18, 2018
Snowshoe is a ski resort located in West Virginia - USA.
Snowshoe was an amazing place where I had the opportunity to work, and learn about American culture.
No pay during any down time
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVMay 15, 2018
The only way to make money is to do kids world exclusively or to put in a lot of time so that you can get private lessons and you need certifications that have a lot of out of pocket cost. If you are teaching adult groups, you only get paid during your lessons and as a new ski instructor without certifications, I was getting paid $9 an hour with usually 4 hours on the clock even though I was there for 7 or 8.
Great seasonal position
Bike Park Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVMay 5, 2018
A very fun place to work if you are into extreme sports and want an exciting lifstyle.the staff get to know each other well since you are housed with other employees. The pay isn't great but the housing cost is fairly low. Outside of the resort you are 50 minutes away from the nearest town with any affordable shopping such as a Walmart or any activities such as a movie theater or a bowling alley. However there is lots of opportunities for improving your skills as a skier, snowboarder or mountain biker. It is a top mountain resort so the views are spectacular and there is great opportunity for hiking and camping.
Pros
Free passes to ride or ski whenever you have free time
Cons
Staff housing doesn't leave many options
Ski Resort
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WV 26209April 2, 2018
I am a part time ski instructor, did not do it for the money, but rather for the culture, lifestyle, and free skiing perks. I have worked at bigger resorts with better, easier teaching terrain and better pay, but Snowshoe is the closest resort to me at this time and the folks were real friendly.
Productive and fun place to be
2nd Cook / Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Slaty Fork, WVFebruary 16, 2018
It was a great resort especially if your a kid at heart. And the staff was all cheerful guest are patiently wait for thier food in the long line of orders.
Great place for seasonal work. DO NOT MANAGE
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVJanuary 10, 2018
It's an awesome place to work and ski. DO NOT take a management position. That's when the back stabbing and politics start. Other seasonal employees are great, but anything a local or manager tells you....Get in writing and watch your back.
Pros
Ski pass, great friends
Cons
Management is dirty, politics, back stabbing
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  West Virginia, Estados UnidosJanuary 3, 2018
Un muy buen lugar para trabajar, en cual las personas que te rodean siempre te apoyan en lo que necesites.
fun place to work, ski, snowboard, the environment of different people.
Networking Assistant / Lift Technician (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVJanuary 2, 2018
wish winter was a little longer. the staff was great, we all got along and there was plenty to do all day. many things to learn at the site, snow making, grading, distribution of snow, scanning, programming and data collecting, exciting job.
Pros
sking
Cons
short work, 5-6 months a year
Empresa atípica
Atendente de loja (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe EUADecember 27, 2017
Um resort localizado nos Estados Unidos, onde tudo é diferente, mas os colegas de trabalho mesmo sendo de várias nacionalidades, eram todos muito prestativos e gentis. Bom local para trabalhar e para ter novas experiências.
Like being in college again.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WV 26209November 9, 2017
This was only a seasonal job. It was fun. At times stressful dealing with entitled people, but still fun. Felt kind of like being in college again living in a dorm with a bunch of people in their 20's.
Fun, challenging, exciting
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVNovember 5, 2017
I loved living and working at the resort. Would highly recommend anyone with and adventurous heart to try it! Resort living is amazing! Summer was great for mountain biking, hiking, local festivals and whitewater rafting. Snowboarding, shining and the festive atmosphere during the winter months made this one of the most enjoyable periods of my life.
Executive Sous Chef
EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVNovember 1, 2017
It was fun working at a ski resort. there were eleven various restaurants and concepts. I would cover shifts and help in the kitchen at all the location. On days off I could ski for free.
Diversified work force, fun atmosphere, resort life A beautiful mountain resort with motivated people that looked out for each other. The winters coul
Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVOctober 24, 2017
The company embraced my skills and provided further training. They offered great benefits, to include all of the sports activities. Most everyone was very supportive with the various departments, we worked together as a large team. It was a very diversified culture. I worked long hours as a manager, and exceeded most of my goals, meeting budgets and sales goals. I would say the hardest part was some of the challenges during the winter to operate around the large snow storms. But, again you took comfort in knowing you were not alone!
Just another typical day at work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaSeptember 29, 2017
I served food for large groups of customers along with decorating for the theme of their choice while staying on my feet washing dinnerware and keeping up with the kitchen work. I would recommend this job to any one who likes working with people or in the food industry. I really enjoyed meeting, along with getting to know other races/cultures of how other people live. I am a very social able person whenever it comes to meeting new people. I loved the title of being a catering assistant/server. I haven't ever had a problem with the pay as an employee nor have I had any differences with any of my boss's. Great people, Great Work Environment.
Pros
the pay was great.
Cons
never knew when you was going to be able to go on a lunch break.