Snyder's-Lance, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great pay
Sanitation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHAugust 16, 2018
I have been here for several years now. Pay is good as well as benefits. Sometimes the work home balance isn't enough. During busy times you are required to work many hours.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance
Horrible place to work
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2018
Management is trash on 2nd shift they show favorites and can be quite racist at times avoid line 5 2nd shift at all cost and the variety department but first shift line 5 and 6 is great supervisor and people but it's a hectic job
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
Very unfair and hostile environment
Misguided and ever-changing
PROCESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2018
My experience has not been great. Upper management has seen about three overhauls since I've been here (5 managers in 3.5 years). Can't seem to keep good employees. Advancement solely on "cliques". HR department seems to make rules as they go and even loosely follows them. Compensation under market value. Underpaid hourly workers. Micromanagement vs. autonomy leads to lack of care and drive for middle managers.
Pros
Decent compensation
Cons
Lack of communication and autonomy, lack of scheduling, lack of tools to complete job, Loose HR department
Worst Job I Ever Had
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 7, 2018
Disorganized company from the top down. They operate with a "blame mentality" rather than a solution based system. Sales team is constantly at odds with operations and no one seems to know what is going on. Leadership is nonexistent and hard work is never rewarded.
na
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 6, 2018
the hours wasn't not good for daily life. you never new your hours from day to day, at the end of the shift you could be told you have to work longer hours
Everything was great until they sold the company
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 1, 2018
No benefits, no 401k, terrible
Managed skills and they sell you a dream, every since Campbell soup bought out our company we are not making enough money to survive and it already bad enough we don’t have benefits or 401k
Pros
Own hour, work at your phase
Cons
Not enough money, people talk to you any kind of way, and they don’t respect you
Well ran shipping department
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2018
The shipping department has made tremendous strides to become updated and current with today's technologies. An efficiency tracker for floor associates has driven metrics to a new high.
Pros
great leaders and team members
Cons
customer centric which can lead to frequent changes.
poor management
PACKAGE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
no accountability and show favoritism, coordinators don't come in to work, I learned how to operate a bagger and how to perform level 1,2, and 3 cleans
Professional Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2018
Great place to work I loved working with the company pay was great co workers were fun to be around and I enjoyed the fast paces environment I would recommend
Ok job
Processor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 15, 2018
Working for SnydersLance has its pros and cons but the Jobs not that bad, the pay is great, pace is fast, schedule could be better but overall it’s a good place to work and definitely t make money.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Schedule

Want to know more about Snyder's-Lance, Inc.?

Ask a question
Its a job. Free potato chips. More than you want.
QUALITY ASSURANCE PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Cape Cod Potato ChipsJune 7, 2018
If they could keep the staff full on 3rd shift (and 2nd), there would be far fewer problems. The mandatory overtime is what kills it. If it were 40 - 48 hours per week, it would be ok. But for all the talk about wanting employees to have a work/life balance, they don't do enough to allow it. You can be mandated for 3 overtimes per week and the only way out of it is to use flex-time (their answer to sick time) or take 1/2 an attendance point. You are fired when you reach 8 attendance points and they stay on your record for a full year from the date you accrue them.

They do offer fairly good wages, but there is some disparity between certain positions that should be making more than they do, such as maintenance, QC and group leaders.

Once you have been here 90 days, you are eligible for benefits. You also start with 80 hours paid time off. This is split into 40 hours vacation, that require pre-approval and flex-time, that you can use without prior approval (aka. sick time, but also useful for last minute appointments, etc). It can be used in 1 hour increments, too, so if you need to be an hour late, you call and use an hour flex.

The first increase in time off is at the 5 year mark, then you get an additional 40 hours paid time off.

Overall, I would recommend it because once they are back to full-staff, the overtime situation will ease up except when someone is on vacation.
Pros
Free potato chips, decent benefits, paid time
Cons
Mandatory overtime, under-staffing
Values Employees
National Director (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 5, 2018
SnydersLance has been a great company to work for, they have assisted my growth personally. I would like to relocate to the DFW Metroplex to be near our family.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Substantial job stress
company getting purchased and leadership changes
Area Sales Manager - Walmart/Target (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 3, 2018
company has no clear direction due to being purchased twice over the last 7 years. company just doesn't have a solid foundation and employees are not secure.
ibo
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2018
this is a self employment company, i was the owner of a small territory within the company and i was my own boss. it is nice to make your own schedule and run things to your standards and likings
Stay Far Away
packer, machine operator, utility (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 29, 2018
Overtime pops up last minute constantly. Management is absolutely horrible, their only concern is pushing sub par product out the door. No sort of hourly stability. One week you'll be lucky to get 2 days straight pay and the next week you'll pull 20 hours overtime. Hourly employees are great to work with, they are the only upside to this place. Safety is laughable. They preach it but if it comes down to spending money to correct things you may as well forget it.
Pros
hourly employees are great people
Cons
management, life/work balance
Great Pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2018
The management in Variety is terrible. Messy Higher Ups. Too much conflict and gossip. LAZY co workers. Everyone is pinned against each other, but cover up together when a meeting is called for it. Falsified Documents. Everything else is good, but stay away from Variety.
Pros
Great Pay and Benifts. Paid Personal and Vacation and Breaks
Cons
Terrible Management
Productive workplace
Charlotte, NC (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2018
I like the fast pace work staying busy getting things done accordingly is key working with great mechanics to keep everything going n working properly
No room for advancement
PROCESSING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 18, 2018
Applied for multiple positions internally. After three months, never got a phone call or interview. Would have appreciated just a chance to know that the position was filled before finding out from overhearing a conversation about it. Felt disregarded and that I was going to be right where management wanted me to be. Had to leave
Good company to buy into.
Snyder lance vendor (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 11, 2018
A good company to work for and buy into. Pros is that you’re your on boss and make own schedule. The only thing I could say I did not like is no health care nor benefits.
Pros
Make your schedule.
Cons
No health care nor benefits
Productive and busy facility
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 7, 2018
Great Company to work for. Gave me the skills I need and will be able to use to further my career. A typical day at work was busy, always inputting associate information into the system. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the great people I worked with and will very much miss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Snyder's-Lance, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight