Snyder's-Lance, Inc. Employee Reviews

Packaging Machine Operator
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 29, 2018
The company can be a great place to work with a few changes. First management don't care about it's employees at all, secondly you might get 40hrs one week and 24hrs the next management shows favoritism amongst employees as far as who gets hours.
Stressful
3rd Shift Seasoner 2 (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIOctober 23, 2018
Overly long work schedule (12 days on, 2 off) during height of production season (April to Oct.). Constantly changing management and ownership of company.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Too many working hours/days
Great entry level job.
DSD Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 21, 2018
My experience at Snyder's Lance was good. Laid back environment and coworkers at times. The schedule is tentative at best. Start times are staggered throughout the week to provide coverage.
Some
General Utility/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 9, 2018
Sorry but i can not give my opinion bc it may seem bias. You just have to go work there and see for yourself. I enjoyed my coworkers and some of my superiors. I will say watch your back in there, from alllll aspects
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Off time
A typical day at work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work was pretty stressful because someone always didn't hold their part of the line. Either from the manger of the company to the manger of the stores.
Horrible production
Receiving coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2018
This is a horrible place to work If you are a Temp Forget about it You’re either Getting sent home Or they are working u To death for $11 Management is horrible Material handler is very horrible position
packer (Current Employee) –  AnywhereSeptember 23, 2018
Over all its a good place to work. Friendly dedicated employees. Good benefits. Could do better on the pay. keeps you busy and moving. Advancement opportunities.
Snyder's-Lance
Senior Manager - Network Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Strong team-work culture, employee empowerment, innovative thinking, embraces technology to align to business goals, great portfolio of products, overall great place to work
Productive everyday
Export Coordinator, Campbell's Snacks (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLSeptember 12, 2018
My typical day at work consists of reading and answering every email from customers or from our co-workers and help solve daily problems. I have learned that I am capable of handling things on my own as well as believing in myself. I have a great boss who has held my hand the entire way, anytime I have questions or doubts she is always there to help and guide me. The workplace culture is great as we all have the same beliefs and values and we always try to work together as a team to reach the same goal. The hardest part of the job is paying attention to the most minimal detail because that can be a problem in Export for customs. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers are satisfied with the overall outcome of their orders.
Good Company to work for
CUSTOMER BUSINESS MANAGER NATIONAL CONVENIENCE (Former Employee) –  NortheastSeptember 11, 2018
Provided myself and my family with a solid 26 years of employment. Company allowed me to create and mange my own presentations as long as i followed their guidelines. I was able to work independently which was a big positive for the company.
Good work environment
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2018
There is plenty of room for advancement from within once you get your foot in the door.
Willingness to provide training time for those individuals who shown a "fix it right" attitude.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Under engineered HVAC systems for employee comfort
I enjoyed working for Baptistas
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIAugust 29, 2018
I really enjoyed at Baptista's, but I needed to get off of third shift. I enjoyed working for the manger, and working for my team on D shift. I learned a lot about the processes and the culture was one of cooperation and getting things done.
Pros
Geat maintenance team
Cons
Working third shift
Poorly ran
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 22, 2018
It’s poorly ran and temps get fired before full time. Very judgemental and rude and they don’t care about well being of their employees they just care about making their quote.
Very good work enviornment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2018
I learned about warehouses and how they operate that was my first warehouse job and it was pretty quick paced it was right up my alley I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Short breaks
If you are LAZY and are looking for a free paycheck, this is the place for you!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  South Blvd, Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2018
Management is either extremely stupid, blind, or afraid to take any action on employees that are lazy. H.R. is a joke!! You bust your tail trying to do a good honest days work while co workers sleep and hide out. All their codes of ethics are a joke as well
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Management and H.R. are a joke
Family Work place
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2018
Overall Snyder's Lance is a great place to work.HR staff is reliable. It's also is a work life balance workplace. Offsite smoking facility. I enjoy working there.
Great pay
Sanitation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHAugust 16, 2018
I have been here for several years now. Pay is good as well as benefits. Sometimes the work home balance isn't enough. During busy times you are required to work many hours.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance
Horrible place to work
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2018
Management is trash on 2nd shift they show favorites and can be quite racist at times avoid line 5 2nd shift at all cost and the variety department but first shift line 5 and 6 is great supervisor and people but it's a hectic job
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
Very unfair and hostile environment
Misguided and ever-changing
PROCESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2018
My experience has not been great. Upper management has seen about three overhauls since I've been here (5 managers in 3.5 years). Can't seem to keep good employees. Advancement solely on "cliques". HR department seems to make rules as they go and even loosely follows them. Compensation under market value. Underpaid hourly workers. Micromanagement vs. autonomy leads to lack of care and drive for middle managers.
Pros
Decent compensation
Cons
Lack of communication and autonomy, lack of scheduling, lack of tools to complete job, Loose HR department
Good place to work for also save money
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 14, 2018
Synder Lance was the best job that I have ever work for the work is not that stressful you stand aloneperiods of time. So time they also give you good benefits the money is good per hour and just long as you do what you supposed to do and be on time you should be okay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Snyder's-Lance, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight