SOAR Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 11, 2018
Stay focused and help all that is in need. This is where you can teach our future lawyers, presidents, doctors and so on. It’s worth the pay and you will have a good time.
Pros
Staff outings
Cons
Low patient
Wonderful work being done but too much stress
Outdoor Trip Leader (Former Employee) –  Dubois, WYAugust 23, 2018
The lack of actual time off and the intense 24 hours on 18 days at a time nature of this job make it too much to truly enjoy all the incredible experiences you have.
Amazing place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Hamden, OHAugust 1, 2018
I absolutely love this company. Very friendly, cares about you and your family. Works around your schedule. Very flexible hours. Paid vacation. Yearly bonuses. Overtime.
Not going to do this.
Outdoor Trip Leader (Former Employee) –  Dubois, WYJuly 9, 2018
I do not care if my review doesn't meet your quality guidelines. I have zero interest in writing a review for this company that you're trying to make me do. I do not appreciate being forced to fill this out.
Somewhat Productive, Somewhat organized with activities
peer leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJune 25, 2018
Overall this job was an ok job. Everything there was not completely organized. Lots of staff were rude to the peers and seemed to be there just for the paycheck and not for the youth. Rules were always broken and never really taken serious.
Pros
Free lunches, free trips
Cons
Disrespect, Unorganization
great culture and mission
SOAR caseworker (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NEMay 16, 2018
SOAR is a great program that helps individuals with a severe mental or physical disabilty get SSI/SSDI benefits that are homeless or at risk of homelessness. It is a challenging and somewhat frustrating position due to the type of clientelle you work with.
Pros
experience, flexibility
Cons
pay
I’m an Esports enthusiast, so I loved it to begin with.
COO (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2018
CEO had no vision. Management was poor on deadlines.
Traveling and gaining contacts was the best part of being in the organization.
Making dreams come true for people was definitely highlights
Productive, fun, rewarding
Camp Medic (Former Employee) –  Dotsero, COJanuary 22, 2018
Productive, fun, rewarding. It was a great way to spend the summer. It was fairly relaxed. I met people I will stay in contact with for the rest of my life. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Extremely fun and exciting environment
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 12, 2018
This job was extremely fun and engaging, I was able to meet many people and also mentor the young incoming freshman. I helped get them acclimated to college life and the environment they would be living in, including getting them registered for classes.
typical day
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYDecember 12, 2017
The best way to describe the job is, you wake up in the morning and you hurry to work. Someone has your career in their hands no matter your tenure, and they are sure to remind you of that on a daily basis. You work your hardest and usually that isn't good enough. You finally make enough rank and into a position to change things for the positive and then you get treated like an outcast for trying to help create a positive work environment. I guess people like coming to work and getting beat down on a regular basis.
Pros
cool toys, amazing missions
Cons
no one is truly cool with change unless it was there idea
The place where any child can SOAR
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 14, 2017
I volunteer at the school because I'm an alumni after school and I believe that it is a very good place to volunteer and work. The people in the children is what making important and for you why did you be around it because it is such a good family environment.
Hard, but satisfying
Campus Instructor (Former Employee) –  Balsam, NCSeptember 25, 2017
SOAR was the hardest place I have ever worked due to the extensive hours and the population we supported. Working for 10 days straight 24 hours a day makes it tough to have a life outside of work making it hard to balance friends and hobbies. With that said, the time and energy put into the kids really shows after a while and you can see how the program allows them to mature and find themselves.
Pros
Free housing and food on shifts, pro deals
Cons
long work shifts
Opioid maintenence
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2017
It is a good place to work if you are either starting your career and just need clinical hours to become a certified counselor and/or is working on detaching from the field
Pros
Experiences
Cons
Depends on the individual
Somewhat Laid back yet stressful at times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Webb City, MOSeptember 9, 2017
Make sure kids are safe when they jump and don't get injured. 15 min breaks every 6 hours. Able to meet lots of new friends. Lots of rules for the employees to follow. Sometimes employees will get yelled at for nonsense actions. Somewhat nice management. No pay raises. No benefits. Flexible scheduling. Yet if you request off a bit, chances are your hours will drop quickly. Only looking for people that are available every day of the week, all day. Sometimes at the end of shifts, staff is able to jump for free on the trampolines. Every Wednesday and Thursday, employees are allowed to come into Soar to jump for free. Bosses are very chill and laid back. Its the coworkers that give everyone else a hard time.
Pros
Jump for free
Cons
Short breaks. No benefits. Strict Rules. Sent home early if business is low.
Missouri State University SOAR
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 18, 2017
This summer job was an amazing summer job with great benefits. perfect job for a college student during the summer. It teaches great leadership and people skills.
n/a
Bicultural/Bilingual Community Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2017
An amazing cultural competent organization, whom provide training to employees and maintain open position to growing up.
the organization is friendly, respectful, multicultural, non discrimination, anybody is open to apply and get a job.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Opportunity to growing up in the company
Learning Environment
Student Outreach and Retention (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2017
The SOAR Center located on the UC Irvine campus provided many work experience opportunities. It requires student helpers to have certain attributes, yet not having certain attributes did not mean a student is unqualified. In fact the center looks at student helpers holistically.
Pros
flexible, professional yet comfortable
Cons
few positions
great place for guys coming out of prison
Program Mentor, Marion County Parole & Probation (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 9, 2017
SOAR is a program designed to help guys coming out of prison and get them back on track. It is a pleasure to be there to help them and show them the way.
Pros
Fun seeing them change
Cons
Sad to see them go.
productive
Patient Service Representative/ File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2017
on a typical day the job is very busy and loud and the clients are very entertaining everyday. the clients see the doctor everyday and they receives there methodone on a daily basis. it help them to become clean and stop doing drugs.
Pros
Cons
healthcare
internship
Case Management Intern, Edgewood College (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 4, 2016
While interning here I learned a lot about the mental health system and its multiple branches and aspects.
The people I worked with were passionate and respectful