SOAR Employee Reviews

I’m an Esports enthusiast, so I loved it to begin with.
COO (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2018
CEO had no vision. Management was poor on deadlines.
Traveling and gaining contacts was the best part of being in the organization.
Making dreams come true for people was definitely highlights
Extremely fun and exciting environment
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 12, 2018
This job was extremely fun and engaging, I was able to meet many people and also mentor the young incoming freshman. I helped get them acclimated to college life and the environment they would be living in, including getting them registered for classes.
typical day
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYDecember 12, 2017
The best way to describe the job is, you wake up in the morning and you hurry to work. Someone has your career in their hands no matter your tenure, and they are sure to remind you of that on a daily basis. You work your hardest and usually that isn't good enough. You finally make enough rank and into a position to change things for the positive and then you get treated like an outcast for trying to help create a positive work environment. I guess people like coming to work and getting beat down on a regular basis.
Pros
cool toys, amazing missions
Cons
no one is truly cool with change unless it was there idea
The place where any child can SOAR
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 14, 2017
I volunteer at the school because I'm an alumni after school and I believe that it is a very good place to volunteer and work. The people in the children is what making important and for you why did you be around it because it is such a good family environment.
Hard, but satisfying
Campus Instructor (Former Employee) –  Balsam, NCSeptember 25, 2017
SOAR was the hardest place I have ever worked due to the extensive hours and the population we supported. Working for 10 days straight 24 hours a day makes it tough to have a life outside of work making it hard to balance friends and hobbies. With that said, the time and energy put into the kids really shows after a while and you can see how the program allows them to mature and find themselves.
Pros
Free housing and food on shifts, pro deals
Cons
long work shifts
Opioid maintenence
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2017
It is a good place to work if you are either starting your career and just need clinical hours to become a certified counselor and/or is working on detaching from the field
Pros
Experiences
Cons
Depends on the individual
Somewhat Laid back yet stressful at times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Webb City, MOSeptember 9, 2017
Make sure kids are safe when they jump and don't get injured. 15 min breaks every 6 hours. Able to meet lots of new friends. Lots of rules for the employees to follow. Sometimes employees will get yelled at for nonsense actions. Somewhat nice management. No pay raises. No benefits. Flexible scheduling. Yet if you request off a bit, chances are your hours will drop quickly. Only looking for people that are available every day of the week, all day. Sometimes at the end of shifts, staff is able to jump for free on the trampolines. Every Wednesday and Thursday, employees are allowed to come into Soar to jump for free. Bosses are very chill and laid back. Its the coworkers that give everyone else a hard time.
Pros
Jump for free
Cons
Short breaks. No benefits. Strict Rules. Sent home early if business is low.
Missouri State University SOAR
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 18, 2017
This summer job was an amazing summer job with great benefits. perfect job for a college student during the summer. It teaches great leadership and people skills.
n/a
Bicultural/Bilingual Community Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2017
An amazing cultural competent organization, whom provide training to employees and maintain open position to growing up.
the organization is friendly, respectful, multicultural, non discrimination, anybody is open to apply and get a job.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Opportunity to growing up in the company
Learning Environment
Student Outreach and Retention (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2017
The SOAR Center located on the UC Irvine campus provided many work experience opportunities. It requires student helpers to have certain attributes, yet not having certain attributes did not mean a student is unqualified. In fact the center looks at student helpers holistically.
Pros
flexible, professional yet comfortable
Cons
few positions
great place for guys coming out of prison
Program Mentor, Marion County Parole & Probation (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 9, 2017
SOAR is a program designed to help guys coming out of prison and get them back on track. It is a pleasure to be there to help them and show them the way.
Pros
Fun seeing them change
Cons
Sad to see them go.
productive
Patient Service Representative/ File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2017
on a typical day the job is very busy and loud and the clients are very entertaining everyday. the clients see the doctor everyday and they receives there methodone on a daily basis. it help them to become clean and stop doing drugs.
Pros
Cons
healthcare
internship
Case Management Intern, Edgewood College (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 4, 2016
While interning here I learned a lot about the mental health system and its multiple branches and aspects.
The people I worked with were passionate and respectful
Veterans Work Place
Bail Enforcement Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 11, 2016
All the way fast paced. Entertaining and exilerating. Mangement was in the field all the time and operations where constantly moving. Lots of momentum.
Unprofessional Environment
case manager II / Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 13, 2016
If you want a job that pays you for guessing on what your work flow is, this is the job for you. This job was very rewarding before they changed supervisors.
terrific staff
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 16, 2016
all OR staff work together as a close knit team, with mutual respect, and caring. The patients get exceptional care, with genuine love and affection shown. There is always something stimulating happening, and new procedures receive close attention. I was happy working there.
Pros
Free lunches weekly
Cons
staff turn over
Adequate job for the salary
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Delaware County, PAMay 24, 2016
I enjoyed working with the clients. It was a challenging position for multiple reasons. The hardest part of the job was my work schedule. There were several changes in my co-workers
It was a very intense experience
Outdoor Trip Leader (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 2, 2016
This was an internship requirement for my field, and I really enjoyed it. Everyday at work was an adventure including high ropes courses, and hiking. I learned that building rapport is essential skill to have in any job setting and time management. My co workers were very different from me, and I learned to work really well with people of different skill sets than my own. The hardest part of the job was coming up with new plans on the spot when an event was already prepared beforehand. The most enjoyable part of the job was whitewater rafting.
Pros
Hands on experience including Rock climbing and White water rafting
Cons
Short breaks
A very beneficial experience
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 17, 2015
I worked with children and it helped me mold myself as a person. It was my first job and it changed me for the better. It was hard at times but the experiences that came with it were well worth it.
Pros
free field trips and acticities
Cons
unpaid break, no air conditioning
community focused and rewarding position with a lot of fun activities
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
This was an amazing job. I got to work with my brother, help out kids with special needs, play games, and help teach in the classroom.
A typical day at work consisted of joining a group's schedule and helping supervise in P.E., math, english, bible study, media, and art. Another duty I had was to clean and organize the huge and very stuffed storage room, fetch supplies, clean and organize the classrooms after the day was over, and help teachers set up.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to work affectively and efficiently with kids with special needs. I have a couple of cousins with special needs, so I had an idea of what to expect but it was still very overwhelming at first. They got upset very easily, had trouble focusing, and were challenging to teach. However, the best part of the job was also the hardest. These kids were the happiest, most enthusiastic people I have ever spent time around. I left every day a little sad, but feeling joyful and excited for the next day. I definitely learned a lot about taking care of others and tutoring, as well as learning how to communicate with people who had combination barriers.
Pros
paid internship, rewarding, fun environment, community building
Cons
temporary