Sobertec LLC Employee Reviews

cool place to work
Detox Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CADecember 8, 2017
Worked detox here and i really liked it. Learned alot from the staff here and I was able to help alot of people. The staff does give you the proper training to make sure you follow the proper rules and laws. Cool place to work because the clients are chill but can be hard to manage sometimes.
Pros
you learn alot and you help alot of people
Cons
clients can be hard to deal with sometimes
Driver & Support Staff
Driver/Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CANovember 29, 2017
I love it here. I get to work with people who really need help and I feel as if I am really making a different in their lives. Upper management is easy to work with and the people I work with are cool too. Really diverse crowd that work here.
Pros
diverse co-workers, great staff
Cons
you have to wait to get access to benefits
Clinical Case Manager
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 22, 2017
I've been a case manager at a few other recovery centers and sobertec would have to be my favorite of them all. They use Kipu and it is so easy to use and track client's progress. Caseload does fluctuate but it is always manageable. You do have to stay on top of your paperwork because it piles up so fast. You do have to meet deadlines and they are strict about it because we work with insurance companies. Staff here is great, both clinical and operations. You do get that friendly family vibe here.
Pros
Love working with my co-workers, Kipu
Cons
strict about due dates, paperwork can pile up if you don't manage properly
love working here
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 3, 2017
As a support staff, I get the chance to work directly with the clients. It can be stressful when you get clients who are want to asa because they're not ready BUT it feels very fulfilling when you see clients succeed. It is rewarding helping people and them telling you that you have changed their lives.
Pros
help people, you make a difference
Cons
not every one wants to be helped
Good place to start your career in Recovery
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAOctober 27, 2017
My friend got me an interview here and I got the job back in 2015. Worked here for a year and a half as a one of their driver/support staff. At first it was a bit intimidating because I didn't have any experience in the drug rehab industry but the staff was very supportive in helping me learn the ropes. Once I learned how to deal with clients it felt really rewarding helping others. Now that I look back, my job was very easy. Come in, bring the clients where they need to go, some admin work and offer an ear when they needed to talk. This place really inspired me to continue working to help others.
Pros
I was given the chance to help others.
Cons
Some shifts were hard to cover (ie overnight shift).
Good work ethic
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 16, 2017
As a support staff, we do a lot. I wear many hats to help the company with everyday operations. What I like about working here is that everyone is works hard together as a team to help these clients. Overall, I do enjoy working here.
Pros
Everyone here works as a team.
Cons
Some days can get hectic when dealing with difficult clients.
Honest Recovery Program
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 5, 2017
I've been in the recovery field for 5 years now and I've been with this company for 2 of those years and I must say that they do provide an honest program. The clinical team works day in day out to provide an effective program for clients. The clinical director has amazing leadership skills and I love working here.
Pros
You will help a tremendous amount of individuals who need help
Cons
You will get clients who won't want to open up to you, you will have clients that don't want to get better
Detox Support
Detox Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CASeptember 25, 2017
Detox support plays a critical role because we're the first impression clients have of the company. I personally feel that at this stage, clients are most vulnerable because they are going through changes. I learned so much from this job. I learned how to be professional, learned how to properly communicate and also how to truly care for others unconditionally. Don't get it wrong, its not always rainbows working here but its so fulfilling knowing you are making a huge difference in other peoples lives.
Pros
You make a real difference in their lives
Cons
Not all clients want to be helped
Sobertec
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CASeptember 19, 2017
As a driver/support staff, you would be assigned to a house that you would go directly to every day. Each shift has a different set of responsibilities, I always preferred the overnight shift because in my opinion was the easiest. Majority of your shift is to ensure all clients are asleep and no one gets in and out of the house. I tidy up and make sure everything is put away. I also always prep breakfast for them in the morning to make it easier for the next staff coming in.
Pros
Relaxed, clients are easy to deal with, pay is good, benefits are good and offer my family coverage as well.
Cons
Had to shift to day shift which throws off my days with my kids.
horrible leadership
Psychotherapist, LCSW (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 18, 2017
Bad communication appeared to be the main theme of this organization. I was frustrated each day of my employment. I hope they can improve their management team to be a successful substance use disorder program.
Never loved a job more.
Support Staff Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 15, 2017
I absolutely loved sobertec. The people you work with just starts to feel like family. I hate that I had to move away. They promote within and take care of everyone of their employees.
Changing Lives 1 Client at a Time
Support/Driver (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CASeptember 7, 2017
As someone who has gone through recovery, I know how important support staff are. Even during my interview, the HR rep interviewing me took the time to express how clients look up to support staff to help get them through their program. You work hands on with these clients day in day out and you really leave an impression on them. Sometimes I think I'm inspiring them but in reality they inspire me.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, good work schedule, good staff
Cons
Have to work a certain amount of time to get sick and paid time off
Like Family
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAAugust 31, 2017
Worked here for 2 and half years before I had to move back home. I was their lead receptionist and I learned so much about recovery. I was one of the few staff who wasn't in recovery. It took a while to get used to dealing with clients because some would be unpredictable but I learned how to sympathize and better understand their situation and that made a world of difference. That was honestly the only hard thing about working here is dealing with demanding clients. Other than that, everyday was streamlined. Check clients in, distribute their MOB, ensure everyone got tested, make sure everyone gets into the right meeting etc. I grew with the company so they became my second family.
Pros
Staff, growth, calm work load
Cons
short breaks (no one could cover me), stayed late sometime to help other staff
you really make a difference here
Lead Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAAugust 29, 2017
I've gone through recovery myself and it was hard getting a job because of my past so I decided to work in the recovery field because they would understand. Started here as a support staff. At first it was just a job for me. I had a kid I needed to pay child support. Probably three weeks into my job it hit me that I'm actually playing a super important role in our clients recovery. I remember when I was in recovery, I looked up to the drivers and support staff. The clients really trusted me and vented to me about their experience. Days can get hard here especially when clients are going through it. Probably hardest part about this job is realizing you can save them all but a mentor of mine that works here taught me not to spend too much time with those we couldn't help but put my energy to those who are there to really better themselves.
Pros
You're changing someones life, staff here do care about client care
Cons
Scheduling conflicts, work weekend and some holidays
Staff that Genuinely Care About Each Other and Clients
Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAAugust 24, 2017
The number one reason why I love coming to work every day is because everyone here is working towards one goal and that is to help clients get over their addiction. Every day is different and there are stressful hectic days but at the end of the day, we all know that it is clients that come first. I've seen the program director run in and out of meetings all around the clock but if a client really needs someone to talk to, I've seen him take a minute to sit there and listen to what they have to say. It's things like that that make me proud to work for a company like this. Yes it can be hard juggling clients and have tons of other projects but I know I always have the support I need to keep going.
Pros
Great support, genuine care for clients and staff
Cons
At times overwhelming work load
Awesome work place
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAAugust 15, 2017
Worked here a few months during the summer and I gained a lot of valuable experience from everyone here. It was a new experience for me working with people in recovery and it opened my eyes to what these clients really go through. I'm glad I worked for a place that allowed me to help change people's lives even if I was just driving them around.
Pros
You make a real difference in someones life.
Cons
I had to work weekends
Great experience
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 27, 2017
I just graduated to become a therapist and I started here as a support staff during college. Worked here few years and I gained so much knowledge of the field and how to interact with people recovering from addiction. I got hands on experience working with the clients as a support staff and it really has helped in the long run. This is the type of experience I wouldn't have gained in the classroom. What I liked about working here is that the staff is supportive. They all knew I was in school to be a therapist and they constantly encouraged me to keep up with my studies. Only thing that was hard for me while I was working here was the scheduling.
Pros
Supportive staff and management
Cons
Scheduling
Learned A LOT
Intake (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 12, 2017
I was an intake specialist and I learned a lot about myself and the field of recovery. Just like any sales position, it is high stress but high reward. It was very fast paced there and you had to constantly hit your numbers. It took me a week or two to just get used the field I was in but once I got comfortable I had a great time. I worked with a really great team that was supportive of each other. I've been to other jobs and have had people steal sales/leads from me but here people are willing to help you. If I didn't have to move back to Vegas, I would most definitely still be here. I really enjoyed myself here and they do know how to take care of their staff.
Pros
Staff, experience, outing, culture.
Cons
Work on nights and weekends.
Balanced Work Life
Billing (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 22, 2017
Worked here for almost two years now and I learned a lot. I grew a lot professionally and personally working with everyone here. Yes in those two years there have been a lot of change because the industry in a whole goes through changes but what I enjoy about working here is that management knows how to adjust itself and help you adjust as well. Days here go by very fast because there is work to do. Everyone here is very nice to each other and there is a great work culture here that is upbeat. The hardest part about working here is that the work never really ends which is good because that's job stability. Also we get free lunches and management knows how to take care of their workers. We get company dinners and really great raffle give aways. Owners are very much involved and do acknowledge the great work you do for them.
Pros
Culture, work flow, management, and work perks
Cons
Very fast paced
Genuine Place
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 8, 2017
I love working here because I have a passion helping others and because the team here is great. It feels really great that I actually help others in recovery. Even though I'm an admin, I play a crucial role in this team and I appreciate that the staff recognizes my importance in this company. It can be stressful working in the recovery field but having such a great team makes this a great place to work.
Pros
team, benefits, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobertec LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4