Sobertec LLC Employee Reviews

a lot of growth within the company.
Floor Supervisor/Case manager and Counselor (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAAugust 29, 2018
There were good and bad things about this company. They do hire within and there is room for growth and expansion. However the turn over rate is very high.
Good Experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAAugust 27, 2018
This is my second job in recovery and Sobertec is more organized. Theres more structure here and more protocols you have to follow. I was in charge of looking over more clients working here and theres always other staff to help me if I need help.
Pros
They have benefits here and they pay good, supervisor and managers are supportive.
Cons
You can't help all the clients and its sad when they're not ready.
The focus kept on changing
Chief Executive Officer/ Program Director (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 7, 2018
When I first started working for Sobertec the client came first. When insurance companies didn't pay out for IOP or OP as much the programs were cut. The focus became only on detox and residential clients. After Sobertec used up their benifits they moved the clients on to other programs that had to be approved by the owners.
Pros
Pay was amazing
Cons
never had any breaks
Great company
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAApril 14, 2018
I was bale to gain a year of experience in the field of recovery, have nothing negative to say. I am still employed, i am simply exploring my options of employment elsewhere
Loved the management!
Sales Representative/ Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 10, 2018
Sobertec was a wonderful place to work. Our environment was high paced but relaxed. Sobertec offers many good incentives for top performers and management.
Detox Tech
Detox Technician (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAApril 10, 2018
I really wanted to be a detox tech and I'm glad they gave me a chance. As a tech, you play a crucial role in helping clients through the toughest part of their program. I was a little nervous at first because I didn't know what to expect, all I know is I wanted to help.
Training was extensive and the staff constantly reminded me to comply with the rules they had in place. Can get a little stressful at times especially when there are a ton of incoming clients. This job does have its ups and downs but at the end of the day it is very fulfilling.
Pros
Hands on experience, helping people recover, good pay
Cons
will get stressful, schedule susceptible to change
Great company vision. Management is horrible.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMarch 21, 2018
The vision that the owners of this company have is a wonderful one and they are very much in the right headspace of helping people in need but your job is not secure and you can go to work any day and be fired for no reason
Pros
Great vision
Cons
Poor management
Proud to work here
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CADecember 19, 2017
Working in the recovery field is tolling and hard work. I've been in the field for many years and have worked with sobertec for a few years. I've learned a lot so much more here because the company has grown so much in the years I've been here. There were ups and downs and turnover but the company keeps growing in a good direction. I'm proud of my work here because clients do appreciate the help, even those who have been difficult to work with.
Pros
Room to grow, company continuous growth, you get to help others
Cons
Tons of company changes, have to work some holidays
cool place to work
Detox Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CADecember 8, 2017
Worked detox here and i really liked it. Learned alot from the staff here and I was able to help alot of people. The staff does give you the proper training to make sure you follow the proper rules and laws. Cool place to work because the clients are chill but can be hard to manage sometimes.
Pros
you learn alot and you help alot of people
Cons
clients can be hard to deal with sometimes
Driver & Support Staff
Driver/Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CANovember 29, 2017
I love it here. I get to work with people who really need help and I feel as if I am really making a different in their lives. Upper management is easy to work with and the people I work with are cool too. Really diverse crowd that work here.
Pros
diverse co-workers, great staff
Cons
you have to wait to get access to benefits

Want to know more about Sobertec LLC?

Ask a question
Clinical Case Manager
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 22, 2017
I've been a case manager at a few other recovery centers and sobertec would have to be my favorite of them all. They use Kipu and it is so easy to use and track client's progress. Caseload does fluctuate but it is always manageable. You do have to stay on top of your paperwork because it piles up so fast. You do have to meet deadlines and they are strict about it because we work with insurance companies. Staff here is great, both clinical and operations. You do get that friendly family vibe here.
Pros
Love working with my co-workers, Kipu
Cons
strict about due dates, paperwork can pile up if you don't manage properly
love working here
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 3, 2017
As a support staff, I get the chance to work directly with the clients. It can be stressful when you get clients who are want to asa because they're not ready BUT it feels very fulfilling when you see clients succeed. It is rewarding helping people and them telling you that you have changed their lives.
Pros
help people, you make a difference
Cons
not every one wants to be helped
Good place to start your career in Recovery
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAOctober 27, 2017
My friend got me an interview here and I got the job back in 2015. Worked here for a year and a half as a one of their driver/support staff. At first it was a bit intimidating because I didn't have any experience in the drug rehab industry but the staff was very supportive in helping me learn the ropes. Once I learned how to deal with clients it felt really rewarding helping others. Now that I look back, my job was very easy. Come in, bring the clients where they need to go, some admin work and offer an ear when they needed to talk. This place really inspired me to continue working to help others.
Pros
I was given the chance to help others.
Cons
Some shifts were hard to cover (ie overnight shift).
Good work ethic
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 16, 2017
As a support staff, we do a lot. I wear many hats to help the company with everyday operations. What I like about working here is that everyone is works hard together as a team to help these clients. Overall, I do enjoy working here.
Pros
Everyone here works as a team.
Cons
Some days can get hectic when dealing with difficult clients.
Honest Recovery Program
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 5, 2017
I've been in the recovery field for 5 years now and I've been with this company for 2 of those years and I must say that they do provide an honest program. The clinical team works day in day out to provide an effective program for clients. The clinical director has amazing leadership skills and I love working here.
Pros
You will help a tremendous amount of individuals who need help
Cons
You will get clients who won't want to open up to you, you will have clients that don't want to get better
Detox Support
Detox Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CASeptember 25, 2017
Detox support plays a critical role because we're the first impression clients have of the company. I personally feel that at this stage, clients are most vulnerable because they are going through changes. I learned so much from this job. I learned how to be professional, learned how to properly communicate and also how to truly care for others unconditionally. Don't get it wrong, its not always rainbows working here but its so fulfilling knowing you are making a huge difference in other peoples lives.
Pros
You make a real difference in their lives
Cons
Not all clients want to be helped
Sobertec
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CASeptember 19, 2017
As a driver/support staff, you would be assigned to a house that you would go directly to every day. Each shift has a different set of responsibilities, I always preferred the overnight shift because in my opinion was the easiest. Majority of your shift is to ensure all clients are asleep and no one gets in and out of the house. I tidy up and make sure everything is put away. I also always prep breakfast for them in the morning to make it easier for the next staff coming in.
Pros
Relaxed, clients are easy to deal with, pay is good, benefits are good and offer my family coverage as well.
Cons
Had to shift to day shift which throws off my days with my kids.
horrible leadership
Psychotherapist, LCSW (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 18, 2017
Bad communication appeared to be the main theme of this organization. I was frustrated each day of my employment. I hope they can improve their management team to be a successful substance use disorder program.
Never loved a job more.
Support Staff Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 15, 2017
I absolutely loved sobertec. The people you work with just starts to feel like family. I hate that I had to move away. They promote within and take care of everyone of their employees.
Changing Lives 1 Client at a Time
Support/Driver (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CASeptember 7, 2017
As someone who has gone through recovery, I know how important support staff are. Even during my interview, the HR rep interviewing me took the time to express how clients look up to support staff to help get them through their program. You work hands on with these clients day in day out and you really leave an impression on them. Sometimes I think I'm inspiring them but in reality they inspire me.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, good work schedule, good staff
Cons
Have to work a certain amount of time to get sick and paid time off