SOC Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time with company
Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 27, 2018
Some management was great, some individuals were great. Overall pay was decent and worthwhile. Some individuals were in management positions ONLY because of time with company not skills. That hurt companies mission.
Pros
Paid well, benefits
Cons
Some management was subpar
Great place to work. Challenging environment
Armed static security (Current Employee) –  VariousJune 19, 2018
Most of the work is confidential. So I can’t really go into specifics of a typical day. I learned many things with SOC from people skills to various pieces of equipment and some of the inner workings of the government.
i love you soc my memories will never go away!
BASE SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Bagdad, iraqApril 29, 2018
it was good company mande me to become a amn i got full combart trainings and learn how to respect and to make decison and i became exposed on new gun and i also i was exposed on new cultures there because new people i met thanks soc !!!
Cons
Good
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bagdad, AZApril 23, 2018
SOC as my first private security company gave me a very good training and experience i will never forget they are well organise and care about the work force.
Great Company, area for recreation and kids.
Munitions Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NVApril 22, 2018
SOC in Hawthorne, Nevada had many benefits, I made plenty of friends and enjoyed the lake and that big mountain, of which I did climb. I understand that women in personal was dismissed. Personally, I felt she ignored my credentials and I was always with the feeling she shuffled papers, credentials and accolades as she wished. Namely for those she liked.
Pros
Great Company, great benefits.
Cons
No advancement.
Needs Work
MUNITIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NVMarch 14, 2018
Great place if you like small towns. All in all not a bad place management needed a little work but they were also short handed and busy. Decent pay and benefits.
Steady work, challenging, good benefits.
Chief Fire Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne Army Depot, NVFebruary 8, 2018
Working with others to insure life safety. Learned how to test, inspect, maintain fire alarm and fire suppression systems. Taught life safety. Ethics are a high value. Hardest part was demands of customer, but we always met. Most enjoyable was a simple "thank you".
Challenging work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 2, 2018
My work at SOC consisted of security upgrades on a Special Forces base and other projects in Afghanistan and classified projects in Greece.

Because of the clients and the classified nature of the projects, I cannot provide more detail.
Pros
The challenge of working in certain areas
Cons
The hazard of some of the project areas
Excellent
Personal Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  overseasJanuary 23, 2018
Day's work was long but rewarding. Learned a lot through mutual collaboration with coworkers. Management was always available and experienced. Hardest part of the job the travel. Most enjoyable were the coworkers.
Efficient engineering firms and beautiful workplaces
Junior Architect (Current Employee) –  North badda,Khilbarirtake, Gulshan, dhaka-1212.January 11, 2018
My office time start 9 AM to 7 PM. But I enjoy my time & work.Here my responsibility is Create Architectural drawing &Structure design drafting,also create interior & exterior design.The office's management is very fine and tidy.Each department's work responsibility is different.I want to change the job because my salary is low and the non-profit benefits are less. Other ways I'm more interested in the work of the interior design
Pros
Here Tea facilities available but no lunch facilities
Cons
1 hour lunch break & 2 time tea break
Diplomatic security
Explosive detection canine handler (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 5, 2018
During my day I might search vehicles, diplomatic security, baggage search, area searches etc. I will work my canine approximately 10 hours a day. Training consists of a training aid place in many different areas to include vehicles luggage, and diplomats vehicles.
Productive work environment with lack of lower leadership
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 28, 2017
Great place to work, upper level leadership is on point and cares about the team. Energetic with great work like balance. Fast paced and motivating. Would not leave if it were not for positional leaders.
Pros
Employees are great
Cons
lower level leadership and management could use improvement
no review
Quick Reaction Force Supervisor (Former Employee) –  QatarOctober 2, 2017
Working for SOC was good, the contract was a short one only a year, but always a pleasure to work in an environment where taking care of business was everyone's priority,
Had great time to work with SOC team here
Security Engineer ( SOC ) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Good exp into change management and also into Incident problem management.
Had a chance to learn more new technologies here, almost i worked on 16 technologies include Endpoint, Data protection, Boundary protection side.
moderate
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Al Diwaniyah--IraqSeptember 25, 2017
I left SOC long time after camp closure thus its long time since 2011 and its not advisable to recall it here its only in my memory but i dont regret
good place
Munition handler (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne nvSeptember 8, 2017
It's a good place to work and a stable job.hard work and fast paced work makes day go by fast. Good people to work with and good management. And far work place
production
Munitions Handler (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne Army Depot, NVJune 25, 2017
Hard place to work hard place to live over I like the work would just like a change of scenery.it's not a job for the for the faint of heart its an alright place to work
Pros
Four ten hour shifts
Cons
don't know intell day of if nights or days.
productive and fun place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Imperial Valley, CAJune 22, 2017
well i like the say that doing my time working i highly enjoyed it because its the things i like to do such as warehouse janitor. i love to work and am willing to work for your company...
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less pay
TASC was a good company to work for
Subcontract administrator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 3, 2017
When I worked for TASC in the finance area, it was demanding because I was hired as a project control cost analyst. That translated into managing projects as a project controller and as a cost analyst managing the revenue that project made. It was two full time jobs. The reason it worked is because everything was process driven.
Pros
benefits were excellent and training was excellent
Cons
the new company that bought out TASC reduced the finance, contracts departments.
Good startup company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2017
Good company to work for, many opportunities for other work. Friendly work environment and good management. Benefits were not bad. People here made the job enjoyable.