Soccer Shots Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Mismanaged and no job security
Professional Soccer Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2018
I worked there for almost a year. I started working in February became pregnant after April. I worked throughout my pregnancy including the entire summer (Florida) and they fired me 7 months into my pregnancy with no valid reason.
Pros
You can make you own schedule
Cons
No benifits and long work days
Fun but stressful
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 26, 2018
Soccer shots is a fun place to work at sometimes, but it can also be one of the more stressful jobs (in terms of working with kids). Sometimes establishing a line of communication between the coach and the child being taught can be hard if the child is very young. The parents might also be irritating at times because of that particular reason. Also there is a lot of driving for the job without compensation for the mileage.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Lots of driving, stressful situations with children
Great environment to help keep kids active
Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2018
Really good concept to help kids be active and learn the basic fundamentals of soccer. The daily schedule varies each day with different times and locations.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Too much travelling at times
Fun and exciting job with an awesome staff!
SOCCER COACH AND ADMINISTATOR (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2018
I have been working at soccer shots for a little over 2 years and I have nothing but great things to say about the company! After nearly every season the staff has a friendly get together and bonding sessions. The pay is generous for the time put in and classes and curriculum change on a daily basis. I would greatly suggest working at soccer shots to anyone who enjoys soccer and kids!
Pros
Fair pay, staff bonding opportunities, fun and fast paced classes!
Fun, but not a lot of room to grow
Director of Programs (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 25, 2018
Soccer Shots had a great culture full of willing employees. However, the disorganization makes it extremely difficult to stay motivated and want to improve professionally.
Pros
Culture, People
Cons
Working every weekend, disorganized
na
Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 19, 2018
They will work with your schedule whenever they need to. They have meetings often to make sure that everyone is on the same page. They are very understanding if you have to travel far but they do not offer and compensation for that.
This company is constantly lying to you
Intern (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 18, 2018
I swear to you do literally anything else as an intern all I did was cut paper I knew more than the people who worked full time. They were childish and basically use you as cheap labor so they don't have to pay their part-time coaches as much during the summer. All I did was drive around my state and babysit kids. I learned absolutely nothing it was a complete waste of time.
Incompetent lying franchise owner without a plan as his business fails
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2018
After taking a pay cut to move to Soccer Shots NYC as a director, I quickly realized I had made a massive mistake. The Job Description which was presented was completely bogus. I was promised weekends off, work life balance, and a competitive bonus (to compensate for the pay cut I took).

After a few months, I found myself working 10 -12 hours a day, including weekends. At my first chance for my bi-annually bonus I received less than 10% of what was promised.

After a discussion I was promised a raise. 6 months after our initial discussion it never came. Come to realize, the NYC franchise is in deep water with very little straw left. Financially, and soon to be left without a team. Their most senior leadership member has a mere 6 months in his/her belt, and it makes sense. It's simply not an appealing place to work.

The worst of leaders, don't make the same mistake.
Horrible experience
Coach (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Please for the love of god try and find any other job. Management and ownership is horrible. Kids are great but there is no real soccer involved. Babysitting is more like it.
Pros
None.
Cons
No pay, drive everywhere, no parking, bad ownership.
Great directors and amazing work environment!
Senior Coach and Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 21, 2018
Great company to get your experience in education/coaching. Staff is extremely helpful and are very flexible for students. Work events are a norm and are always fun!
Great for flexibility
Lead Coach (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 9, 2018
This is a great job for college students that might only have an hour here or two hours there to work. It fits with most college schedules, and the work is fun and rewarding.
Pros
Short sessions, easy to manage
Cons
driving to the site can take just as long as the session, and you are not paid for the drive.
Fun
Coach (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 1, 2018
I would fix the way that the lessons were set up. A lot of things were disorganized but overall it was great getting to work with the kids and teach them how to play soccer.
Fun place to work
Coach (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MD 20707April 24, 2018
Fun place to work, you do not have to go to the office often because you work for however long the sessions are then you can go on with whatever you want.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not many hours
Good place to be
Coach (Former Employee) –  Allegheny County, PAApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed working with the youth at soccer shots. I felt like I wasn't making any money because I was driving an 45min to and hour outside the city for 3 hours, just to put gas in my car.

Some things I think should be changed for the betterment of the company are...
-making sure people are placed in their areas of work or where they reside
-more people are hired to fill the gaps if people are taking off work
-Timesheet system

Other than that the youth and staff were good to work with and are passionate about the work that they do. Even before I left, I saw that they made strides in a good direction based on the surveys that they did. :)
Pros
company listens to employees, kids and parents are wonderful
Cons
breaks in between sessions should be a little longer
Fun job working with kids and helping improve their soccer skills and character
Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 28, 2018
This job allowed us to work with kids 2 to 8 years old. It was rewarding to see that the kids had a great time. Also, it required us to be very organized and detail oriented as we had several paperwork to fill out daily.
not as flexible as they say
Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 27, 2018
I stated several times i was not willing to drive, and every time, they had me driving over an hour to place. I ended up leaving, because of their lack of respect.
Excellent
Coach (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 26, 2018
Great for people who need part time job. Great for students ! Need to be able to work with kids . Always be positive and animated ! *working saturdays*
Pros
School friendly
Cons
Hours and travel
Difference maker, and productive work environment
COACH (Current Employee) –  Arlington and Dallas, TexasMarch 16, 2018
Soccer Shots is a great company to work for if you are a person with integrity and passion to impact the lives of youth. Soccer coaches are the sole representative of Soccer Shots at their soccer sessions, whether it be at a park or a preschool/daycare. The soccer coach and the soccer shots director must communicate with each other by phone frequently with things that go on during the week. The soccer coach also has to manage their time in soccer sessions because they have to make sure they arrive to the next session on time. The most difficult part of the job is that there is no everyday face-to-face interaction with co-workers or my supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I have the opportunity to invest in every week, which are the children in my soccer sessions and the teachers at the preschools.
Pros
Gas reimbursement, impacting children's lives
Cons
a lot of travel time on the highways
The kids are the best part
Coach (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Great job if you love working with kids, lots of driving but session pay was fair. Manager did not allow you to advance, would bring in new people before promoting with in
Great Place for the Children
Coach (Soccer, Tennis, Baseball etc.) (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 6, 2018
At soccer shots, your child can have a fun time, while learning important fundamentals of the sport and positive characteristics that will help them grow later in life.