Société Générale Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 170 reviews matching the search See all 1,351 reviews
Hard, Non USA Based
Vice President, Americas Sourcing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
SG is a tough place to work in the services area. Most major decisions are made out of Paris with little or no regard for how things get accomplished in the USA. Comparisons of how things are done better in Paris abound without review of process or financial savings. Very poorly run from the top down in the US, on the services side. The financial operations are extremely sophisticated and very profitable.
Cons
Paris/non US based leadership.
Fast Paced
Process Transformation Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
Must be self starter to keep up with high demands from business stakeholders and system enhancement initiatives. Lots of exposure working from a global perspective.
Support Analyst-Chicago
SENIOR RSD APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
Overall it was a great experience working here there were always changes ongoing. I was able to learn a great deal at all times. I started off working as a functional support then progressed to technical support. I was glad that I had colleagues that were able to work with me and train me as I learned. .
Not a terrible place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
Questionable senior management and leadership team; much recent senior manager turnover; questionable strategy over long term; people are generally ok
An excellent multi national bank with talented individuals at all levels.
Director - Broker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Socgen and the unlimited talent pool associated with a top tier financial institution. It is to be considered when associated with an interest this large that there are always possibilities.
Overall a good company with great work life balance
ETF Securities Lending Sales Trader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2018
Soc Gen is an international Financial Bank with great benefits. Although a great place to work, the room for growth is limited. Looking for a more challenging, long term opportunity.
Average place, serious atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Préfecture de RabatMarch 22, 2018
I was a non paid intern, i dont know much about their salary politics.
I stayed their 2 months.
Regular work, but non creative.
Banking Worl is like that
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks
Environnement de travail est agréable
Chargé de Logistique (Current Employee) –  AlgerMarch 17, 2018
Les opportunités de développements.
Esprit d’équipe.
Outdated job culture
Financial Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  ParisMarch 1, 2018
Société Générale is a big company (around 150 000 employees), so I can't speak for the entire company but I've been worked 3 years in Investment department as a financial controller and it has been a mixed experience to say the least.

As everywhere else you will work with some smart and exciting people but the majority of junior level employee I've worked with share the same sentiment of global boredom.

Innovative ideas are welcome but not often pursued, process and hierarchy are very heavy, outdated. Atmosphere is neither bad nor exciting.
Professional
Assistant Communication Direction (Former Employee) –  Casablanca, FRFebruary 28, 2018
Well treated as an intern, learned a lot from people working full time in the company. Professional and productive environment to work in. I was in the communication department in Casablanca, Morocco.
Work Environment
Intern I (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Societe Generale is a good place to start off your career in the financial industry as it's a collaborative work environment where you interact with multiple internal teams.
Lots of benefits
Quantitative Advisor & CCAR Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
It is an European Bank with lots of benefits.

Paid time off of 27 for people just starting. However, sick days and personal days are included.

Not crazy hours
Good position as a contractor
KYC Analyst - Team Lead (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Enjoy working here but there is not much room for contractors to advance. Many jobs are split between New York and New Jersey so you don't always have a permanent desk.
Collaborative place to work
Consultant- Business Analysis/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 3, 2018
Hardworking and fair people with a strong knowledge of their jobs. Challenging environment with ability to grow and learn. Good use of technology in the day to day work. Good systems that operate well.
Pros
Good work life balance
There very briefly, lack of strategy
Director/Loan Sales and Trading (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Extremely disorganized stategy-wise. Management was poor and communication from France was terrible. No clear path and learned very little. Worked with great people but not enough strategy.
Pros
Work-life and day were very fair.
Cons
Management, Strategy and communication from France were awful
Major worldwide bank with investment banking services
Documentation Specialist - Derivatives (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Translated trader accounts from French to English. Entered treasury bond orders. Assisted traders to balance accounts and daily transactions. Very fast paced.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 5, 2018
This company has:
- team-building outings
- collaborative work environment
- large company with many positions to advance
- provides a lot of mentoring
Good workplace
INTERNATIONAL TRADE OPERATIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  ParisDecember 10, 2017
It is a good company, the workplace culture is very good. I learnt how to work with my co-workers. The managers are very good, they listen to you. You have benefits when you work with Societe Generale.
Stressful environment that favors French over employees from other regions
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
This is a cut-throat environment that seems to promote the wrong employees and creates a culture of playing politics as opposed to practical results. Diversity issues.
Pros
401K contribution
Cons
Little diversity
No room for advancement - Pigeon Held by Paris Headquarters
Patriot Act Compliance Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Jersey CityDecember 1, 2017
While at Soc Gen, Id say I learned a lot about the archaic system this bank executes (especially within Risk/ Compliance).
My pay was perfect for me but the stress was very high (almost unhealthy) & the turn around for employees was high also. Lots of changes often & management was confused on how to operate processes & procedure since there was no structure (whether it was admitted or not).
Overall, if experience is what you are after, this bank, just like any other will offer you that.
Pros
Interaction with different cultures
Cons
High Stress/ Disorganized