Social Security Administration Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Found 58 reviews matching the search See all 1,261 reviews
Government employment is not all good
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 18, 2019
My position was a highly mentally challenging job. I dealt with other people problems, concerns & complaints of the company daily. I took 40 or more different calls a day and a different subject for each call.
Pros
Good pay, flex time & vacation time
Cons
Short breaks, half hour lunch & unhappy employees
Understaffed and overloaded on work.
Contact Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 20, 2019
The staffing is at less than 50% levels. The workload is to heavy with the lack of personnel. The tempo is fast paced and you deal with 30 to 50 people a day.
Stressful Environment
Debtor Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2018
It was the most dysfunctional job that I ever worked. Did not like management, they were very unprofessional and disrespectful. Did not enjoy the job at all.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Over worked and unfairly treated for the pay
Negatives over road the positives
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2018
I learned a lot of information which enhanced my skill set. I am not able to advance within my career. It was a hostile, stressful work environment.
Pros
Learned new skills
Cons
NO job advancement
Contact/Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2018
I worked for the government for about 20 years at different agencies. It was a typical day in the office. I learned to work various word processor. Word was not available at the time.
ssa
Lead Contact Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 29, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work. Wonderful pay and nice people to work with. Room for advancement and training. Paid leave and sick time along with life insurance
what a ride
Call Center CSR (Former Employee) –  washington stateSeptember 21, 2018
this place is really a circus, it is unbelievable the things I saw, heard, learned and what a disappointment it was for me. I did meet some great people who were in the same boat as me. they pick and choose based on whom they can control .. DRINK THE KOOLAID.
Cut throat
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Managers and supervisor often times did not communicate with one another and gave incorrect information to employees sometimes causing them to be reprimanded by other supervisors. Lack of proper training prevented many employees from being fully productive and helping customers
An Honest Review
Debt Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 3, 2018
Good paying job but management and management accountability is very poor. Work is very repetitive and mundane. Benefits are great. Workplace culture is a crab in the barrel mentality. Technology wise, they are very behind, and they don't seem to care about improving it in a timely manner.
Pros
benefits, flexible work hours
Cons
poor management, poor workplace culture
Ssa
Debtor Contact Rep (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 29, 2018
SSA is one of the best places to work, although as far as advancement and promotion has slowed the last year or so tremendously! Overal it is definitely the feds and a wonderful place to work!
Productive place of work
Lead contact service representative (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 17, 2018
Always maintain a Positive mind, treat the public and your co-workers with respect. A very good company to work for if you like to assist people in there life changing event such as retirement and or disability. Communication with the public its a must to explain the customers how to also provide the computer to file for there needs.
Pros
Federal days off.
Cons
No cons.
Continual Workload
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 8, 2018
There is a feeling of never-ending workloads. Most workloads are carried throughout the length of your employment so a feeling of completion is not typically achieved. The way to avoid feeling overwhelmed by this is to simply set small tasks and goals for each day to ensure a feeling of accomplishment.
Toxic Management
Contact Representative, Social Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 23, 2018
Management was very toxic and pit employee against employee. Supported liars and thieves. Very unethical Chief Judge and Groups Supervisor and Hearing office Director.
Pros
Air conditioned building.
Cons
Sick building and toxic work emvironment.
Very Productive Environment
Contact Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 17, 2018
fast paced working environment. flexible mornings schedule to work, excellent benefits and salary,demanding, constant change in laws and regulations that govern the program, customer service to the public and immigrants.
N/a
Contact Rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 2, 2018
was a great place to work at was a good environment. Employees were great to work with and friendly. Off on holidays that was a good thing nothing I can really say bad about the agency
Contact Representative/Service Representative (Current Employee) –  LAJanuary 18, 2018
If you love helping people in the community, this is the place to work. This a fulfilling job and I would recommend others to work here. You must be patient and have people skills.
Wonderful environment
Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2018
A typical day at work starts with flex time unless you are in training then the report time is set. Take calls from the public to assist them with benefits that they qualify for through the Social Security Administration (SSA). I have learned that the SSA is so much more about serving clients than just issuing social security cards. Management is top notch, they are supportive and will do whatever they can to help you succeed and achieve. The hardest part of the job is going through classroom training and the first couple of weeks of OJT. The most enjoyable part of SSA is the opportunities that they offer to their employees, there is room for advancement, and taking part in different projects and details. The pay is competitive, the benefits are wonderful, and my coworkers and supervisors are amazing. This is not just a job, this is a career opportunity.
Pros
benefits, pay, flex time, supportive work community including supervisors
Cons
stationary in your cube
n/a
Teleservice Center Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2018
not available, I choose not to review in the manner. This is as much as I can say. I work faithfully at this job and it is not as rewarding as expected.
Experience
Debtor Contact Representative, GS (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2017
A typical day at work consists of meetings, calls, moving cases and
a lot of production. The calls are from beneficiaries and Representatives who are overpaid on their Social Security accounts.

High turnover. Management retaliate and stick together to apply pressure to employees in a negative manner for control. Always a sense of getting in trouble and watching your back.

Do not have the best interest of employees. Pick and chooses to support and promote who they like instead of who produces.
To Thy own self experience
Contact Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2017
Job Culture is not what I am used to in a working environment. Management is pretty fair, however upper management need more leadership skills. Effective leadership would help the job culture.