SOCIAL SERVICES AGENCY Employee Reviews

intense work environment
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2018
This workplace was very intense. Its a very very stressful job. The upper management provides no help to new employees and the training could be more educating to ensure that the employees know how to peform their job once they are taking call and dealing with clients.
Pros
insurance
Cons
unorganized
a learning experience
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCDecember 10, 2017
a typical day starts as family, you will find that the children you are caring for, will be a learning experience, this is a job you will love, or not....but the children you will love.
Pros
having children, you can care for, teach and love
Cons
there are not really your childen.
Nice Environment stressfull sometimes.
General Office (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 2, 2017
They cross train you for several duties which is good because you learn a lot. And nobody was in my back checking if the work was done because they know we are adults and is up to the employees to work with loyalty which is a plus. Is nice to be trusted by your Employers.
Pros
Several pot lucks for birthdays and lunches from the group you were apart of.
Cons
short breaks.
A very educational workplace.
Clerk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 28, 2017
Hard working environment , a great learning experience. A typical day in office building work. I've learned it's not what you know, but who you know. Management is great and flexible works well with their employees. Workplace culture I will have to say depends on , that individual. Like for me if no one embraces me, I choose to be a loner work hard and adjust to whatever the pace is, but do work well as a team member long as it's a team. The hardest part of the job to me is not being given proper recognition. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with managers, and supervisors that understands you to a certain point.
Pros
Not getting your throat jumped down for minor mistakes.
Cons
Poor elevator use.
fast paced
Child Support Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 11, 2017
company is a fast paced environment with benefits and advancement. will work with many customers in need and has to be
a patient and understanding individual worker.
Being Productive
Payroll assistant preparation (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 5, 2017
ive learned clerical work working with mail.also filing sorting out papers. filling up papers in the printers .
Iffy
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Malone, NYMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with the kids but the check should come directly too whoever is working. The one I worked for failed to give me my checks. The company overall is good to work for and had good pay
Review for social services agency
Internship (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Internship was unpaid in hope of permeant placement. Agency used me as free labor and lied to me about permeant employment. My advice to any one thinking of offering their time as intern at Social Services Agency. Don't do it.
Pros
Learned more about people.
Cons
They just use people for free labor.
Productive friendly environment
Wraparound Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
Nice place to work at. Friendly helpful people. Good learning environment. They work with a at risk diverse population. The work is community based and resources for families.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Excellent place to work at & assist individuals & families in need.
Eligibility Technician (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Social Services Agency is a government agency & thus a great place to work for. Besides the employee benefits offered through the job, the experience gained working with diverse clientele is a must have experience. Working with public is a great pleasure & the fact to be able to assist people in need.
Pros
Benefits, helping others, job security
Cons
Diverse clientele & thus there are times to work around challenging issues
productive
Specialist Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 16, 2015
I would answer phones send email work with parent advocates and child welfare workers. I learned how to place children in safe homes.
Pros
learning experience
A great experience
Medi-Cal Eligibility Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 22, 2015
I was a Medi-Cal technician and had about 300 cases. I enjoyed helping families in need and felt productive. There were many legal issues to consider in doing this type of work and it sometimes could be confusing. I do not speak Spanish and that would have been a big plus, but I did the best I could.
Pros
Excellent benefits and work schedule
Cons
Management was not the best
Helping those in need
ELIGIBILITY TECHNICIAN COUNTY OF ORANGE (Former Employee) –  Orange CountyFebruary 2, 2015
Because of the Social Services Agency we are able to assist our clients with expert help. We are able to work efficiently to solve the problems of our clients and educate them on new information that is disseminated for the expressed purpose for helping our community members with their life needs. I am a helper person so I enjoyed every moment of working with the people that I served.
Pros
Assisting the community with their needs.
Cons
the commute to work from home
Clerical front office
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 22, 2014
Workplace is nice, work start at 8 AM to 5 PM, meeting different kinds of people and learning their culture and tradition. Team work environment. The hardest part of the job is my first day it's hard to absorb the instruction and procedure at one time. I enjoy working in this company coz co workers are very accomodated and helpful and the job assigned to me is easy.
It was a fun job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 25, 2014
I liked working with people and in groups, but I also loved filing and pulling out file for the other social services agency
Pros
we had are breaks on time, worked 5 days a week and made our 40 hours
Meeting new people
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 24, 2013
Everyday Ive learned new things and new people's life stories,that why you have to live your life like if its going to be the last day because you never know what can happen .
Rewarding work assisting the community
Welfare Eligibility Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 27, 2013
I really enjoyed this career, as I worked helping the community for many years, and I never got tired of it, this is something that I do really enjoy doing, and at the same time is rewarding being able to help the needy group in our community.
The environment at the office is wonderful, as we are united as a family sharing the same interests.
The hardest part of the job was when the district eliminated case load management, to implement the now service center, where everybody work with any assigned case, so we couldn't have contact with our clients as before.
Pros
good retirement benefits
Cons
less career oportunities
Highly professional work environment and great opportunities for promotions
Eligibility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Currently retired from Orange County Government.
Highly professional work environment and great opportunities for promotions
Great benefits, opportunity for a variety of careers and great tuition programs, also variety of work schedule and good rate pay at all levels positions.
Pros
excellent orange county government agency
Cons
n/a
Productive and Fun Workplace
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 16, 2012
i liked workig for the social services agency welfare department because it gave me the experience to help people when needed when i was a teenager. it was a summer youth program through R.O.P though it was only a 2month job i really enjoyed it alot.
Pros
30 min lunches
Cons
15 min breaks
Great experience!
In-Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 24, 2012
Maintain a professional, compassionate, and respectable relationship. Maintain a good driving record! Drive client to and from all appointments. Cook daily meals. Maintain home clean and keep home safe for client. Drive client to market to do grocery shopping. Schedule all doctor visits. Montor daily medication. Bath and dress client. Maintain a responsible schedule; Provide laundry service.
Pros
permanent work schedule. dependable work. makes a difference in someone's life.
Cons
work ended when person dies.