Sodalis Senior Living

Working at Sodalis Senior Living: 46 Reviews

United States46 reviews

lovecarestaffmanagementplaceworkcompanypay

Residents are the best!

Be aware. They play favorites, don't give enough of hours, and management does not want to have to get up from their desks and work. That's only some of it. But you will fall in love with the residents and that will be whats keeps you going at this job.

Unprofessional and unorganized

Management has favorite staffs and can careless bout everyone else. Management is not respectful to staff. It's not worth working when your reputation is on the line.

Sodalis Senior Living insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Great culture

They have a great culture. If you give them a chance and view everyone as human, they really do care and management will go above and beyond for you. It's hard finding good staff since covid but we stick together and make it work!

What is the best part of working at the company?My supervisor What is the most stressful part about working at the company?We don’t get paid for all we do What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Everybody is pettyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?U are beyond stressed because u are working in a nursing home without nursing home pay

Easily the worst job I have worked at

I got hired without any experience, and there was a harsh learning curve. But the treatment to the staff and residents was unbelievably poor. There where 3 people max at a time working for my shift. A few people quit within the 3 month period. Which lead to me working by myself watching 18 people with deminta that like to wonder out their rooms at night. The job was set up practically impossible at times. The nights that I did get to work with someone, I had to deal with a micromanager who loved to gossip about the staff. The one meeting I went too the boss of the whole facility said “if you call in sick this month for whatever reason you’re fired, we can just hire someone else”. This leads into staff who have been there a long time being sick to work, a job in which you’re the one helping the ones highest at risk. Their job is just to keep the families of the residents money coming in.

Pros

Helping old people

Cons

Schedule, Management, Staff, Training, Resources

Honest review from a newbie

I am an RA. You’re basically a HHA but in a facility. The pay sucks but I was desperate to leave my other job so I took it. Be very cautious coming here! The training is next to none. If something happens to the resident, it ultimately is YOUR fault even though they don’t train you properly. Haca will be on your behind. You can go to jail if something happens even though you’re not trained. Honestly, it hasn’t even been a month yet and I already got another job lined up. This job isn’t worth it. At all. Use this as a stepping stone to get you by until another job comes along. I do NOT recommend it. Stay tf away from here. They’re extremely understaffed. My first night, the staff was complaining to me about how they hate it because the workload is too much and how they were not paid properly. Their paychecks were cut short. All they did the whole time was complain about how the company is changing for the worse. Do NOT apply here. Do NOT apply here. Do NOT apply here. Only if you absolutely must as it’s easy to get into it but leave once something better comes.

Pros

Overnight so its chill

Cons

Good times with the patients

It was great experience working with the patients i learn to be patient and kind no matter what happens. Sometimes i don't want to leave work when my shift is finish .

What is the best part of working at the company?None not very trustworthy What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not enough FTEs for department What is a typical day like for you at the company?Long hours

Busy work place

Resident Aides are responsible for alot of task. They do not have severs or laundry aides. All task fall on care staff. Management helps out the task sometimes.

No appreciation

No matter how hard you try, you won't get any recognition or appreciation. Once you upset the RDO once, they'll be looking for your replacement. They put on a great front but really don't care about the staff.

Lots of changes

Lots of changes constantly happen. Management is getting there, some staffing issues to work through but the residents are wonderful and so is the staff

Residents that require more then assisted living

This place has potential to be a good work environment with a few changes to the management and better communication. We were not made aware of changes with the residents wether they were new admittance or out to the hospital. There are residents that require more then assisted living but we were expected to be timely for everyone’s needs even short staffed etc.

Management isn't the best there, it's the caregivers and cooks that make Sodalis what it is. Without them, it would be nothing. The workers are strong, caring, committed and very respectful towards residents. They deserve the best!

Pros

Free meals.

Cons

Short breaks, understaffed.

Poor staffing

I loved working with the patients. Need Staffing Supervisor improvement lack of treating all staff equal its overwhelming sometimes but as far as care attendents and medication technique that has been there for years loves the patients and has great team work

Love my job!

Sodalis Senior Living is a very supportive and innovative employer. There's no better feeling than leaving at the end of the day knowing that you made someone smile. Getting and giving hugs are part of the job and I absolutely love working here!

Very productive and professional Workplace.

The Regional Team is simply the best. Great Team work and professionalism! I made the right decision to join this Amazing Team. When I contact the Corporate Team they are quick to respond and very helpful. I love the energy within the Company. I would gladly recommend this company to anyone.

I love working with Sodalis Senior Living Lake Jackson

Sodalis Senior Living in a great place to work. Management is amazing and really care about your well being. It's like a family. I love coming to work, and l love interacting with the residents.

Employee

Absolutely love my job and company! Sodalis is a career changer! I’ve found my forever job! Sodalis truly cares for their staff and residents!They will not disappoint YOU!!!!They Continuously suggests new ideas in meetings and on projects!They show initiative with developing new ways of thinking to improve projects or company performance!

Job hours

The hours seem long but the work load makes it go fast. They give you free meals. Some of the residents there are very pleasant and kind. Some of the workers are very kind.

Pros

Eat free

Cons

Lazy workers

Horrible work environment

Just read through the other ones and mine is the exact same. Horrible place to work. Never got a day off without being called because someone called in and are always short staffed. Not worth it. Don't bring your family members here. Management make sure you're ok for a week and then forget about you after the new residents move in. I love the residents but not the management or the ones who think they're management.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Management !!!

The residents you get attached too

Too much drama goes on amongst that management and staff. I hated working in an environment where you have to watch your back. Management don't handle issues amongst employees and they go by hear say. Not all employees pulled their weight which made it harder on other employees. I would never work there again.Other employees would bully other employees who haven't done anything to them. It was an easy job, but the turn around rate is not good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodalis Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits