Sodexo
64Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Sodexo Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA201 reviews
Good place to work. Very busy.
Review schedules for all 4 clubs and bring to kitchen. Make sure all staff present by 2:00 pm and assure all clubs are ready for afternoon and evening rush. Make sure all staff is in proper uniforms, all food is ready and prepared and bar staff is ready. Communicate with client with any issue that may arrive.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Abundant opportunities for challenge and development
Overall, great company to work for! Many opportunities for professional growth and development. Company currently sorting itself out post-Covid due to impact of pandemic on food service industr,. Great work/life balance, very "human" working environment in corporate office. Sodexo is a very large organization, so ability to navigate dynamic, complex organizations is a must.
Great Place for Part Time Work
Sodexo is a good company, they do their best to work with your schedule and the need of the employer they are sub-contracted at. Benefits are pretty good. Holidays are the usual. I'd recommend working for the company.
Very big on diversity and inclusion
I love the passion Sodexo has for being diverse and inclusive within the workplace culture. Many of the departments are flexible but not all. I wish they would offer more roles for virtual jobs.
Endless Opportunities
The culture of Sodexo is true to being about it's employees as a whole. But each Sodexo account is different; work life-balance will also depend on your account and the team you're surrounded with. There are many opportunities and you can move up anywhere around the country.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Na
The best company In catering restaurant services, they have good contracts and the treat is well , a big company, good people in general, good benefits everything
Sodexo markets itself as a Quality of Life Organization
Although Sodexo bases it's Service on it's goal to provide Quality of Life services to it's clients, it does not provide the same level of service to it's own employees. I spent many years in a management role at Sodexo protecting the rights of managers and employees who were regularly denied their vacation, sick days, etc.. I witnessed multiple situations of discrimination against employees based on race and disability, yet they claim to be a company that promotes diversity. It is sad that an organization with as many resources as Sodexo still expects it's managers to work 80 hour work weeks and handle volumes that are unheard of in business.
Sodexo Summary
If you are getting a job here in Virginia they won't pay you much. But if you work in Maryland or DC they will pay you more but you will work part time.
Pros
free disability insurance
Cons
low pay
Nice place to work
Career opportunities. great way to build career. steady work that pays the bills. If you are looking and wanting a decent enough job that can help you grow and develop. do so.
Great place to work and give you lots of opportunities and great benefits .they also have great leadership and great customer service to all customers.
company is great
Great company love this place the best they support u in family and work problems
Managers are super love these people can't get no better then this please join if u can
Your Career is in your own hands
Sodexo offers a lot of opportunities and training in support of their managers, If they ever lose an account the keep staff and reallocate the talent based on needs of the company.
Pros
3 weeks paid vacation when you start, health benefits
working at Sodexo
I love working at Sosexo. It was challenging and rewarding work most of the time. The people I worked with was like family. everyone learn to help one another. We did what we had to, to get the job done and take care of our clients. I love creating the menus and working with the venders.
Pros
setting up events for party realy nice and weekend off who wouldn't like that
Cons
the traffic to work was kinda to long and time consuming
Sodexo was a very good place to work
my tenure at Sodexo was very rewarding both financially and mentally. They were challenging but there was a collaborative work environment with my team that led to success.
Not the best place
I appreciate my job and loved my coworkers but the management sucked very badly! They were rude and didn’t know how to really manage people. Ironically they weren’t people’s people.
Horrible company
I have worked for this company many times over the years and this time has to be the worst. I was working for another company at my location when Sodexo took over the contract. I didn’t have much of a choice but to stay since I needed my job
Pros
Paid weekly, no weekends and all government holidays off
Cons
Low pay and under staffed
Great Company
Great company to work for, if you are in a leadership position. They are willing to invest in their people. They also tend to attract good talent. Very fast-paced environment.
Love
I loved this job really wish I could get back into this company the hours where wonderful the pay was great everyone worked with each other and the environment was great
Large Organization
Pockets of greatness. Sodexo is a large organization with aspirations of growth. The current pressures are due to growth initiatives and recalibrating team.
Busy Stressful place
I was a Dishwasher, which was almost the lowest on the totem pole, and none of my co-workers were particularly interested in working hard enough to get everything done that needed to get done, and the management that was above our little place wasn't very helpful in that regard...not to mention the Head Chef of the location I worked at was always mad at us if something wasn't done by the time she needed it, or if there was water "in her kitchen" because Upper Level Management had decided that we needed to wash the pots and pans in the kitchen instead of in the dishroom where we could MUCH more easily clean them. That...was a bit of a fiasco...
Pros
Free Breakfast/lunch/dinner depending on shift, actually had insurance at this job that wasn't horrible
Cons
Co-workers and upper management who could NOT see what I was trying to do and get done quickly, raises were absolutely minuscule, and were annually after a review at the beginning of the year about the year prior.
this company will slowly suck the life out of you
this company is horrible. save yourself & your career, go work for anybody but SDX. you will be stuck with a horrible manager, HR will do nothing to support you, and you will eventually be sold out, cast aside, and forgotten like yesterday's diapers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.
5.4K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sodexo.