Sodexo Employee Reviews

enjoy people having a good time at the event
Catering Director (Former Employee) –  commerce texasFebruary 18, 2018
check events set up and staffing for the day. Plan what could be doing for event coming up the next day check on food production and guest count
the hard part of the job work with set up crew and part time staff
doing multiple event with every thing going smooth
Pros
benefit package
Cons
summer the collage slowed way down and had to lay staff off
Great company with opportunity for career advancement.
MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS & SPECIAL PROJECTS (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTFebruary 18, 2018
Sodexo is an amazing company to work for. Diversity is embed in all levels of the organization. Work-life balance and flexibility is encouraged and community work is promoted and encouraged. The employee business resource groups and their efforts are truly making a difference in our communities.
Pros
Flexibility
review
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 18, 2018
Typical work day was Tuesday through Saturday from 7 am to 8 pm. It involved supervising three food service outlets plus catering. The outlets served breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
Didn't like the location I had worked.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSFebruary 17, 2018
Sodexo was contracted through local hospital when I worked there. They were unfair and didn't do their jobs. Some supervisors were very disrespectful and lazy. I WILL NOT WORK FOR THEM AGAIN OR SUGGEST SOMEBODY TO THEM.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Supervisors and way they handled their choices
productive and fun work place
Customer service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2018
Arriving to clock-in. Had a gathering every arrival with the employees to talk about the previous day and next events . Clean-up after parties and events. and prep for dinner for events.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
teamwork, diet check, serving meals,
Nutrition Assistant/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 17, 2018
diet check patient's meals, set up stations, set up & quickly assemble meals with correct portions, serve all meals to designate unit, nutrition screen all patient's diets and take meal order, ensure patients satisfaction.
Just Ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Place has some wonderful people but also a few who ruin the job. Some negativity and no advancement really makes it hard to enjoy getting up in the mornings. Just a job to get by, honestly.
work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 16, 2018
been working under new management for a few months im excited about the new things they have planned for our department . my manger is working with many different ideas on making the department a easy and friendly place for the patients and guest
Pros
steady work
Cons
healthcare
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 16, 2018
They are a good company to work for. However they don't pay much and I probably wouldn't work for them again. When they hired me for a certain position it wasn't even open. I had to wait a month before I could even do the job I was hired to do.
fun place to work
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 15, 2018
Great place for anyone always on the move. The management was great. Loved the enviroment. The best part meeting new people everyday and building great friendship that will last a lifetime.
Cafeteria Manager
school cafeteria manager (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAFebruary 15, 2018
Manage food service and production. Ensure quality and quantity of food for 250-300 kids on a daily basis. Maintain kitchen and food in accordance to government regulations. Perform inventory and ordering of goods and services. Handle student accounts and company money.
Pros
light duty, working with kids
Cons
no advancement, no pay increase, no vacation or sick leave
entre level
Patient Food Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Very much a entry level job. If that's what you are looking for. Management seems to be out of place at times. Employees seem to enjoy their position.
Profit is always more important than the employees.
No Longer Employed (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 15, 2018
Sodexo places no value on their front line employees. Also, they don't really care about serving good food so why would anyone want to use them to run their food service operation?
Pros
Free meal during the workshift
Cons
Lack of valuable training, they don't value their employees, they don't walk the talk.
Fair to the employees
Barista (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJFebruary 15, 2018
Food service can be a tough industry to be in. In my experience, Sodexo is fair in compensation and benefits. Compared to other companies in the same field, they are on the higher end of pay.
I love working with everyone team player
Cook/Cashier/Supervisor/prep cook (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 14, 2018
I love teamwork we all work and help each other. Management answer question and always can go to them with question . I love the people I work with. I love prep cooking. Love enter acting with the students getting to know they major. Love supervisor and being a cashier
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Breaks and the people i work with
Best Job I've ever had if it weren't for school
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 14, 2018
I love this job I really do, my only issues were the hours at Dunkin Donuts on campus. It was just something I had a really had time dealing with school. Though the management can sometimes be scatterbrained they are some of the best people I've ever worked for and would 100% recommend this job to anyone who could handle the Dunkin hours. That being said Chick-Fil-A is the best location in the world 11/10 would work again if I could.
Pros
free lunch, decent management, willing to work with my schedule as student
Cons
late hours, frequent miscommunication, late hours
Co workers fun but poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 14, 2018
Good starting out job for skills but no advancement .If you decide to go into management that is a plus. Great job for someone vthat is retired or don't want a lot of hours
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Have to pay for parking
Bottom Line
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Sodexo had a toolbox for everything and looked great, at face value. Unfortunately, there was little accountability and managers were given way to much free-reign on tasks that were supposedly connected to Sodexo core values.
Not a job for adults
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2018
Dead end job. Not a career like they claim. Management likes to offer candy as an incentive. I can’t pay my bills with candy. Managers only care about their bonuses.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No advancement, management, uniform, pay
Great environment.
Food Service worker (Former Employee) –  BethelehmFebruary 13, 2018
Easy and enjoyable work. Great job to start out in. To get your feet wet in the job industry. Good for high school kids who are trying to work and study at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K