Sodexo

Sodexo Employee Reviews

United States9,735 reviews

Found 9,735 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,265 reviews
foodfreemeallunchstudentcateringcooksodexho

Good place to work. Very busy.

Review schedules for all 4 clubs and bring to kitchen. Make sure all staff present by 2:00 pm and assure all clubs are ready for afternoon and evening rush. Make sure all staff is in proper uniforms, all food is ready and prepared and bar staff is ready. Communicate with client with any issue that may arrive.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Helpful workspace

It’s a fun easy work space that encourages one another and willing to help and stay late if have to and they will let you know when your doing a good job

Sodexo insights

Based on 4,351 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Employees

The atmosphere was cool,all the students and teachers where very accommodating, the pay is wonderful with excellent benefits and the employees are like family.

Pros

Free food, shuttle transportation and great security and wonderful benefits

Cons

If your lazy Sodexo isn't for you

It wasn't bad, most of the time

A lot of blame would get thrown around when issues did arise, with the highest ups trying to push blame onto others when they were the ones who had screwed up

For cooking positions, think of it as a "starter job"

Being very fast paced & physically demanding needs to be considered by an applicant. The work itself is not hard but the environment (co-workers right up to management) is pretty toxic despite Sodexo stating respect etc is their mission. The pay is not all that great & neither are the benefits. Work/life balance can be achieved but that is up to the employee more than the company is concerned. This is why to think of it as a "starter job" & certainly not for an experienced cook

Pros

They will train to suit how they operate, & can be good for someone looking to get kitchen experience & can be great for college students.

Cons

Short lunch break with no other breaks, poor benefits (high cost on insurance, strict time off requests even for holiday pay), less than average pay, but the worse is the toxic environment.

Expect you to do any and all jobs as needed.

Very low, non competitive wages. No set schedule. Only allowed to work 32 hours a week. They freak out if you start to get close to 40 hours and send you home early.

Great company

Great company. Leadership turn over is concerning. But company treats its employees well and we are compensated fairly. Training could be better, but as advanced personnel we are expected to possess a fair amount of knowledge already

Value employees. Room for growth is unlimited. Great benefits. Love providing service to our community every day.

Pros

Upward mobility

Cons

Healthcare requires support daily

Good place to work for students

If you're a student, Sodexo is a decent place to work. They have decent benefits if you are full-time, but their pay is extremely low. Management could be better too.

Not too bad for a student job

Coming from an international student from Europe, the job is ok. No sick pay, holiday pay, expected to change clothes on my time, and arrive early. Not sure if it’s US jobs in general, or Sodexo. Fits my schedule but I have no motivation to work harder if you’re not giving me any benefits at all.

Run don’t walk

Run top managers into gaslighting. Bullies staff and talks about your business to others. This is the place for you if you like getting made fun of and begging for basic office supplies

Very bad management at Raymond Hall

Raymond Hall is dysfunctional! Bad place to work! Management is multipltof! They are lacking on a lot! Recipes along with everything dealing with clients

Very stressful work environment, management is horrible.

Not good people or place to work for. No way to ever move up in company. Their pay scale is so wrong they try everything they can not to give pay increases if you do you're lucky if it's 5 cents increase. It's a joke they might as well not even give you one.

Disposable job

Management doesn't take the time or even care to resolve issues. I had to chase supervisors for assistance with customer complaints and had to handle them myself.

Pros

Full time hours guaranteed

Cons

Drama filled

Example: fun and productive workplace.

The only thing I have a s the you design is a great way to make sure you are a complete human being a good friend of mine and 445666. And is a great place to work.

Toxic Work Environment

Toxic work environment; upper leadership does whatever they want without any accountability. There is lack of oversight. Sodexo subcontracts managers to work in terrible toxic places. Management has no authority over direct staff- because they are the 3rd party contractors. Majority of managers are terrible at what they do. Poor knowledge and terrible onboarding; but no one gets fired… I guess if you are a manager and wants to work in a toxic place this is it.

Not enough pay for all the hard work

Management was great but long days with not enough pay. If you can’t handle stressful environments don’t work here. You pretty much learn on your own no one showed me anything.

My boss was a jerk

He isn't working there anymore but he made my life a living h-e- double hockey sticks. Pay definitely wasn't worth what I went through. I've never cried at a job before but I cried numerous times working there

Exhausting and underpaid

Overall my experience has been ok but certain coworkers make the work environment hostile and going to management is useless. You are expected to do more than what job you were hired for.

Terrible company

Doesn’t care about their employees at all. Allowed their managers to treat their employees bogus. Human Resources act like they don’t know what they’re doing.

Good place, subpar people

I work in a great location but the upper management has little to no regard for employees. Not a lot of room for advancement but you do eat free! Workplace culture is good as a contractor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Sodexo with

• Sodexo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?