Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 6,990 reviews matching the search See all 12,260 reviews
The overall company is actually a pretty good company just that management was poor work environment report at this particular location
Chef (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXMarch 21, 2019
Company as far as management could have been extremely better than what they were but the employees sometimes made up for the lack of bad management skills
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Nice part time job
SERVER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 21, 2019
Sodexo is nice for a part time job. It doesn't pay enough to be a full time only job but is nice if you need a little extra to help you get by. It is nice that they offer 401K even for Part time that is nice.
Cafeteria Setting
Cashier, cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAMarch 21, 2019
Cafeteria within several companies. I was cashier and front end person handling: inventory, stocking, cleaning and coffee. Very busy and quick paced.
Pros
Always 40 hours
Cons
for me was driving time was one hour each way
horrible work place
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAMarch 20, 2019
This workplace sucks. they are on the good ole boy system, Its all about who you know, not what you know.
I would never refer anyone to work for these pricks, and the P&G supervisor that signs off on hot work permits is a fat piece of work. He was sleeping with the ABM supervisor and everyone knew about it. they play favorites. and the Sodexo GM played favorites with certian employees.
Pros
Cons
everything
I enjoyed working with my team and learned a new advection of food service.
Food operations manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 19, 2019
Meetings were productive and short. I learned about the dietary needs in the healthcare industry. I enjoyed with patients, doctors, and staff. Themed celebrations were always a joy. Sodexo cares about its employees.
Pros
Great benefits and meals were a plus.
Cons
I enjoyed my job. I didn’t see any cons.
Fun place to work at
Phone Operator, Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was to deliver food to the patients and interacting with them. The managers are well experienced and open to suggestions.
financial analyst
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 19, 2019
I worked as financial analyst in Sodexo. Great company, work and life balance. Kinda good opportunity to learn new things. It is a relative young team, thus good amount of team activities
Everyone is really friendly
Catering assistant (Current Employee) –  WyomingMarch 19, 2019
I am proud to work for this company it was hard at first as is any job you first join but I have become like one of the family I am very proud and happy to know these people
Great it is
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMarch 18, 2019
Great Company All in all. Great people. Saw many shoes working At the Idaho center. Hard work well worth. Jobs vary and wages. Catering and Events is where its at
Great Hours
Executive Chef 2 (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 18, 2019
The reason I am looking to possibly leave is because of the commute. Hours are great - nights, weekends and holidays off. I would recommend interviewing.
ping pong table, fun work place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 18, 2019
good work environment, nice people, fast pace helps knock down the work hours quickly. plenty of overtime offered, flexible hours for students or non students.
Sodexo
Food Prep/Food Server (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA 22101March 18, 2019
food prep
i worked at subway
over 500 sandwiches in 1 day
baked bread
baked cookies
cut veggies
cut mea, turkey, chicken, beef, pork
customers loved me
Un gran grupo de trabajo buen ambiente laborar y un gran grupo de trabajadores que sacan adelante como sea los trabajos.
Me desempeñe como Conductor de Servicios (Former Employee) –  Minera zaldivarMarch 18, 2019
Definir bien los mandos en fanea y valorar más a los trabajadores.
Very bad
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXMarch 17, 2019
The job was good it was just the company was very horrible, They do not care about there workers at all. They wanted to talk to us crazy when you ask questions about the job they had no answer to give, but had a very nasty attitude about everything.
Management was poor, Pay rate poor
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 17, 2019
There were never enough employees to cover a shift. That would leave the employees working that shift more responsibility and stress. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the University students.
Poor Management and Higher Ups.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMarch 17, 2019
There is a lot of favoritism. Management fraternizes with employees and goes drinking with them and shows favoritism. If you don't kiss butt than, you get the jobs of those who do kiss butt on top of your job. Others get away with stuff that you will get fired or written up for. The company it's self doesn't care for the employees. Their raises are a joke (2% maximum). Company doesn't care if the employees are overworked and will not higher enough people to do the job.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
Favoritism.
great job
GM Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTMarch 16, 2019
nice place to work, very stressful, have to work long hours. overworked ad burnout possible .great customers and client .long hours fast passed and very demanding
Pros
days
Cons
stress
Productive and Enjoyable
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCMarch 15, 2019
I love working with people and getting to experience life changes with them. I enjoy working with Sodexo because they are always encouraging everyone.
Pros
Free Lunches, Paid Trainings, Vacation Time, Benefits, Rewards for Employees
Cons
Family time, hard to keep good staff
Dining hall worker
Terrace Dining Hall, Ithaca College (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 15, 2019
It sucked. Greasy, dirty kitchen. No one really cared when it came to food safety or contamination, and there was a prevalent attitude of not caring. No one made friends through this job. Everyone thought it sucked.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not a lot of shifts, mean chefs
Productive and rewarding place to work
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Durango, COMarch 14, 2019
Typical day for me would include prepping for breakfast, serving for three hours and then having an hour between breakfast and lunch to prep for the lunch service and serving for another three hours, all while cleaning during the slower periods of time and prepping for the next days meal.
I've gone from salad prep to main line and then moved to the saute station. Each station teaching me the prep quantities needed for service, time management, even more customer service skills, and the ability to work efficiently in a fun, fast paced environment.
Hardest part of the job I would say is the time restrictions; I have to rely on co-workers around half the time in order to get the food ready and out on time. I really do enjoy that I can make a students day with only a plate of food and a little conversation, that's what makes it worth it.
Pros
Free meal per 8 hour shift, great health benefits.
Cons
Not a lot of time in the day to take short breaks and still get everything you need done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K
43.8K
32.6K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss