Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 7,297 reviews matching the search See all 12,723 reviews
Cant believe i lasted so long in this company
Host (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 16, 2019
Too much favoritism ..lack in advancement..get constantly disrespected by management..no communication with management.. however get paid for vacation thats the only good thing about company.
Pros
Pro vacation paid
Cons
Lack of communication and no advancement with company
This job wanted you to do everythhing under the sun, including what you were hired for.
Wellstar medical (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2019
My last straw was when my supervisor came to my area loud talking me instead of the persons that she really had the problem with. Like i said i was doing what i was suppose to do.
Great Opportunities to Grow
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 16, 2019
Sodexo is amazing however not every experience is the same as you change accounts. This is 100% understandable because you work with so many different people along your career. The biggest issue is when you loose an account, it is challenging to find a new account close to home. You may be luck but I’m many cases you will end up traveling a lot before you find a new permanent position. The support is different from account to account.
Work was very fine here employees was fun and happy
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2019
I like this job nice work place and staffs was so helpful
The team was so friendly and we all work hard and together
Shape all information if a person need or late for meeting
Pros
Nice lunch
Cons
Need lil more time for breakfast and lunch
Sodexo
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 15, 2019
I love working here. Was in the restaurant business for many years & got to the point I hated it. They trained for the job. This is a great job for me.
Pros
Free lunch, 2 15 minute breaks a day plus 30 minute lunch, I have a great boss too.
Cons
No over time another than that it's a great job for me.
Not enough money for what you do.. They food service is always short on people because of the pay. Custodial is all over the place. Too many compla
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INJune 15, 2019
I am a current employee in food service. Most likely leaving for closer job and better pay. Facilities is all over the place. The schools and students amazing. That why I stayed for many years. Overworked.. Underpaid. So cheap. Temp come in and make $2 to $3 more dollars per hour and are not dependable. It was very frustrating.. I worked so hard for nothing but the schools see and recognize you.. The 3 schools I worked where 2 of the bigger and elementary. Loved them. Staff makes you feel like family and principle expressed being more important than him. I knew a very large building inside and outside. Friendly with schools and custodian manager did not like that.
Pros
Cons
Short staff. Pay
yes I reccommend if youre a student
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PAJune 14, 2019
it was good to work there as a collage student. They worked with me every step of the way. I would work there again, but I need a job that I can work during the summer
Fun to work
student worker (Former Employee) –  Rio Rico, AZJune 14, 2019
The job was very easy and simple all I had to do is prepare lunch and serve to students. I worked 15 minutes a day and the other half of lunch I had enough time to get my lunch and no need to rush to eat
Ok job
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2019
I like working there. The people are great, manager are ok. Just have to be a morning person and fast learner. If you last then the out come will be beneficial to you and family
working at Sodexo
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJune 13, 2019
While working at Sodexo, I Would Restock all the shelfs and help anyone out. I loved working with all my co-workers and seeing all the students. I also did catering.
Fast paced
Saute Chef (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 13, 2019
Fast paced environment and you must be motivated and willing to work hard. Work staff is very friendly and helpful. Sodexo is a very large company and employs over 500,000 people.
Pros
Free lunch, good food
Cons
Alot of turnover in staff
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 13, 2019
This is good place to work......a very fast paced and hard working environment......got to be able to deal with people of all walks of life and be able to do a lot of food prep and cooking in a short amount of time mostly on your own but as part of a team!!
Diverse company with career development and growth opportunities all over the world
General Manager Food and Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 13, 2019
Sodexo is a personable company that offers a multitude of opportunities to its employees. Development from hourly to salary, cross division growth healthcare to school or corporate services segments. Career development is part of the Sodexo culture as well as mentoring, overall a great company to explore and grow your career.
alot of drama and stress
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McPherson, KSJune 13, 2019
I am regretting making the decision to continue to work here. environments are hostile and very unfair. no communication, when we get checks they don't include holiday pay anymore and do not give everyone the whole amount on there paychecks. I wanted to make the Sodexo community my place of employment for a long time now am debating whether to stay. Sodexo has turned out to be the worse job I have ever had.
Pros
get to meet a variety of unique and friendly people
Cons
authority, staff, underpaid, overworked, treated poorly
Temproray
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAJune 13, 2019
I got this job because I was in school at Gordon. I needed some extra money to pay for school. It helped me with crowds and customer service. I had to work in a fast pace environment and I learned how to make Starbucks drinks. The management was okay but lack of motivation. They weren't on time for raises.
great place to work
Food Truck Worker (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKJune 12, 2019
loved my time there, left to make more money
the people working there were great and the job though stressfull at times was easy enough, fairly set schedule made planning time with the family a breeze
Sodexo at DRMC
Human Resources Manager II (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 12, 2019
I worked with the most amazing team here at Sodexo. Definitely a team and supportive in every way. The communication was consistent and we were always on the same page when changes occurred.
Pros
Free lunches, flexibility
Sodexo as a whole sucks
Retail Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJune 12, 2019
This was a fast-paced company with poor management and a lack of pay with an abundance of hours to work. The operation could be smooth if the didn't hire overpaid people with lack of skills in managing and had outrageous hire processes. The job is simple if they could hold staff and treat them better.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor hours and staffing
Good Food service job
Dishwasher & Salad Person (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIJune 11, 2019
Good place to Work if you Need something While you are searching for a new Job, or if you're looking for a first job
Management is Friendly, & willing to Help when needed.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No Advancement Opportunitiea
Love where i work. Hate the company i work for
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 11, 2019
Hate it. Wrong people in charge. Point system is crazy. You have paid sick days, but if you call in sick and use your sick time you still get a point. Only 7 points in a year. Any time off has to be put in days ahead of time. Well how are you supposed to know when you will get sick. People with families this will not work. I get sick, my child gets sick. Idk when that is going happen. I dont know when my child or I might get sick. Hate working for them.
They also took a weeks vacation from me and more from others. They make promises and they lie.
Pros
Good insurance.
Cons
How the point system works.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K
43.9K
32.7K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

47%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss