Sodexo Employee Reviews

Once solid company that has gradually lost its way and now finds itself chasing after what it once was.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 16, 2018
Large multi-national that has become ham-strung with needless bureaucracy over the past 5 years. Leaders have flitted from strategy to strategy every 18 months due to an inability to clearly announce to the business world who they are and who they are striving to become.
Pros
Very committed team members in the field
Cons
Revolving door at the executive level--no clear vision for the furture
Fun place to work
Food Service-FULL TIME (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
I love the busyness of the job and the many different food service situations. My boss is funny, kind, professional..
I have the opportunity to learn every aspect of the food service field and that is a good way to never be bored..
Pros
Management, close to work, work in a college setting, summers off!
easy work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILMay 15, 2018
it was an easy job with summer off. had to take your vacation time as your time off when there was a holiday or school was out during the year. not enough hours or money
Pros
summer off
Cons
no benefits
Interim General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, CTMay 15, 2018
Sodexo is a great company to work for. I highly recommend them to anyone interested in working in Concessions. I have been fortunate to work for Sodexo at three venues and believe that they care about their employee more then most companies.
Pros
No mirco management. Lots of ways to learn more.
Cons
Rewarding Employees who go above an beyond. No promotions for 4 years.
Due to high turnover from many younger employees the workload was high and demanding.
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 15, 2018
The expectation was to stock kitchens and to serve patients and clean up as well. The timeline was very fast and demanding. Work culture was helpful at times but not all employees did their share of the work which made it hard and stressful to complete tasks on time. I often felt like patients could have been given better care if we just had more time or staff to get the job done.
fun workplace
Food Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, Texas (Houston Zoo)May 15, 2018
I went to Houston Texas for my Work&Travel Program.I worked inside the zoo and there's a lot of food stalls and two restaurants there. They trained me to be a cashier but most of the time i was assigned in taking orders and serving foods to the customers. Working in a restaurant is a tiring job but a great place to strengthen my customer service skills and customer interactions.
Pros
free lunch
Poor management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2018
Not many promotion opportunities, lazy management , your needs come last unless corporate is in the building then you’ll get treated how you should’ve been treated on a regular.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work especially if your in college
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 14, 2018
I loved working here. I wouldn't mind working for this company again if ever offered another place of employment.. great managers friendly co workers.
Pros
Free lunch
very stressful workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 14, 2018
I learned a lot about the conservation of food. The atmosphere was stressful. Management could've been better. The most enjoyable part about the job was the opportunity to learn about how to conserve food.
Great
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2018
Amazing company. They contract with all sorts of places. Airports, Luna Park in Coney Island etc. All around great company and they're fun to work with.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short Breaks
Sodexo strives to get by with little staff as possible. Staff are over worked and be littled in their job position.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 14, 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company. Horrible working hours. If you don't have a life outside of working, this is the place to work. Too much drama in the kitchen. Too much kiss butt to get ahead. Staff were treated unfairly
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management was horrible
Autonomous work environment with engaged Senior Management
Senior Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 14, 2018
Typically I spend my day modifying client-drafted contracts to conform to Division and Company polices. Work with Senior Management and Sales to correctly draft financial and operational details to convey the intent of the business.

My experience with varying financial arrangements and risk/reward scenarios has grown exponentially with new, creative business models and expansion into the Sports & Leisure market and a focus on Integrated Facilities Management.

Time management is very important as well as engaged co-workers and senior management. Management's flexibility to manage a work/life balance is evident. Town Hall meetings are held to ensure a satisfied work-force.
Pros
Value of and opportunity for Volunteerism, 401(k), casual dress
Cons
Workload
Sodexo Brazil
Operational Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  BrazilMay 14, 2018
Working at Sodexo gave me the chance to improve my management skills, as an Operational Unit Manager I could deal with a big diversity of people, good environment to be at, made me sharper to deal with stressful situations, learn and share knowledge with coworkers and leadership. Working at Sodexo Brazil was an amazing experience for me and I do wanna repeat this at Sodexo USA.
Sodexo is a large company if you want for the right division it will be great
Perform Administrative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2018
Sodexo is a good company to work for you just have to make sure you weren't for the right division the right management team if you do not you will end up stagnant in a place where you will not be able to advance in the company if that's what you're looking for
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough pay for the experience that you have
ok
Chef (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2018
Ten year career with plenty of opportunity for advancement. Workplace is always changing with additional expectations and limited resources. Additional expectations and duties were applied without removing redundant old expectations. Spent too much time filling out forms and audits that fundamentally covered the same items. District and regional management only cares about completion of these items so they can have checkmarks.
Most enjoyable part of job is diverse workplace and expansive network
Quit because it's garbage
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 13, 2018
I hate this place. I could care less if the company crashes and burns. They treat their employees like garbage and they have no opportunity for advancement. Being unemployed was better that the bull that they put me through
Productive!
Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 13, 2018
It's a cool place with quite good benefits. You just have to be really prepared for the days work. It's more of a collaborative effort, and it's also a great place to learn how to do teamwork
Pros
Free meals afterwards
Cons
Not satisfied with petty restrictions
Not such a good place to work
Independent fast cook (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 13, 2018
I just worked here temporarily, never again in my life. Pay is bad and my management team was bad. Overall a very bad place for students to works. Thank you
I love a great place to work and make a living.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 13, 2018
I like working.So I can stay active and moving around. It gives me a reason to stay in action for things to come in and the future of life. I love to work.
Pros
I am a great employee.
Cons
I don't like drama at work place.
lonnh
Driver/Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 13, 2018
This ancient, gummy whale is breaking all the rules.

The weird marine beast, called Llanocetus denticrenatus, lived about 34 million years ago. It was big. It was an early ancestor of modern .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K
43.2K
32.3K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.3Fairygodboss Score

42%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

47%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.