Sodexo
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Sodexo Employee Reviews

United States9,669 reviews

Found 9,669 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,134 reviews

Good place to work. Very busy.

Review schedules for all 4 clubs and bring to kitchen. Make sure all staff present by 2:00 pm and assure all clubs are ready for afternoon and evening rush. Make sure all staff is in proper uniforms, all food is ready and prepared and bar staff is ready. Communicate with client with any issue that may arrive.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Good benefits, awful company with pathetic management

Sodexo’s motto is “ Quality of life services.” As an employee, that couldn’t be any further from the truth. Countless hours worked and unrealistic goals put in place. The upper management of this company (at least in this region) is pathetic and clueless. If you are a chef or desire to become one, this is not the company for you. Your creative skills will be stripped away. That’s a fact.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Everything else.

Sodexo insights

Based on 4,242 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Sodexo is fine, depending on your Manager

Sodexo is fine, I just had bad experiences with my manager. They have a lot of opportunities for advancement . It's food service, they will expect you to be productive.

Pros

Standard benefits, easy to get promoted

Cons

It's a service industry job.

Management where I am is not great. They don’t manage.

Management doesn’t want to be “the bad guy” and hold people accountable. They look the other way to avoid confrontation. They are hardly ever on the floor and don’t address things and when you bring it to their attention they brush you off and then ignore most of the issues.

Benefits

Cons

Management isn’t great

Work is where, it is enjoyable and great working with my co-workers and management

All co-workers, supervisors and management are SUPER helpful and easy to talk with if any life problems come up. They are very family oriented to help everyone on the job at this site.

Pros

Management and my co-workers are Great

Cons

My hour at 12 hr shifts

Poorly managed and poor training

Although it may be set up well in terms of progression and basic training, it seems as though training is not standardized across the staff, likely caused by the inconsistencies in the management

Good

Good place to work. You have support. Good benefits. Good pay. People to call when you have a question. A lot of resources to look to when in need. L

great resources and support

great company, to much leadership change, opportunity to advance, great support and resources. promotes Team building, safety and growth. needs more across divisions interactions.

Pros

great people

Cons

leadership change

Hostile Work Environment

I used to love my job. The cafeteria is nice, you get free food, and you interact with patients who are sweet and grateful for our hard work. Everything else about this position with sodexo at CCMC is awful. The pay is too low for the amount and type of work. You go home physically and emotionally drained because they are constantly understaffed so we are forced to pickup the slack and work 10+ hr shifts. Supervisors encourage and participate in workplace gossip. Fellow team members call in regularly and throw tantrums yelling and screaming and nothing is done to address this behavior. Equipment regularly breaks down and people get hurt often. This is the most stressful environment I have ever worked in. Please look elsewhere, your time energy and mental health are worth so much more than this place.

Lots of fun, lots of guys to talk to

Its fun all the time, I loved it. Always people to be best friends with at sodexo and everyone gets along. Its a jolly good time at Sodexo. Everyone works together as a team and that is so amazing about Sodexo. Teamwork makes the dream work.

Pros

All pros

Low salary rate

No step ladder for progression No fair treat for employees most managers have there’s favoritism on certain employees Very low rate salary even though you stay there for 10 or so your salary rate is below minimum wage

Wonderful experience

Sodexo promotes an awesome work environment and EXCELLENT benefits. I’d still be there if my car hadn’t needed so much attention. OH, and the management was very helpful, Easy to approach and easy to talk to.

Work life balance

Good work life balance in my dept. large team. supportive. Some managers micro manage to the point where some team members are miserable. I have been lucky to not have that experience. Overall, they are always looking to improve.

Growth non existent

The staff was always told they weren't doing enough. The customers were always entitled. The reasons they would give you for the low pay raise was baffling.

Great place to work but the Human Resources manager is atrocious

Overall it's a great company with great benefits. The only thing is this but it's not worth a low star rating. The Human Resources manager lies and schemes to get people fired. I can honestly say this because I'm still currently employed here.

Not all facilities

Not all facilities that Sodexo contract with are good and nice to work with others are worst but they can’t afford to get another job its hard nowadays

Lots of Fun

Mgment has there ups and downs like anyone else. we don't know everything they are dealing with, they have hired some great people and some duds. if you work well with each other then the work is going to get done faster. if you cry and whine all the time then it will take longer. I feel that i can take advantage of all the training and growth i can handle, i also know that there are going to be days of a lot of hard work and people who may or may not be stressed out and in a grumpy mood.

Pros

free food, uniforms flexible schedule mgr's

Cons

hard days, back biting gossip

Positive work environment

I would say out of the big 3 in global foodservice Sodexo was the clear leader in terms of looking out for employees. Communication for a large company was pretty good and upper management was actually there to support unlike compass group.

good place, lots of options and areas of expertise to work- large complany

Sodexo is a large company with a lot of different options to work through in different fields- schools, B&I, hospitals, campus, senior living, etc... It is possible to move between these divisions to grow your career.

nothing good about it

only work because I have to, very stressful so much so that it has made me sick working there. Managers are rarely there, and when they are they are in their offices all day.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

very stressful

Worst Job Ever

The worst part is Management sucks! They have favoritism and the pay is horrible. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. So glad I left when I did.

Common questions about Sodexo

Answered by current and former employees at Sodexo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight