Sofar Sounds Employee Reviews

See reviews about
Great place to volunteer
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2018
Awesome way to be connected with local music. Wish they compensated their artists and volunteers that use their professional skills more though. Can't expect a photographer to shoot and edit a show for free when people are paying to get in. If shows didn't cost anything to attend the work for free model would be more understandable.
Lots of fun!
Video Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 27, 2018
Sofar Sounds was an excellent experience but was by no means a job, given that all team members are unpaid, except for in a few cities. So really it was an extension of my passion for music and excitement to make musical events happen. I learned a ton but there is very little top-down management so most teams are left to figure it out on their own. I enjoyed this and my team did great, but I imagine it is a struggle for many (as it was for us at the start).
Fantastic Company
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 31, 2017
Working for Sofar has been a dream come true. Really, a joy in my life. It's truly a global community of dreamers who do ... people who see the big picture but get all facets of the job done. All for the love of music.
Artist Liaison Ambassador
Artist Liaison (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2016
Wonderful way to work with artists at all levels of their careers and helping to make sure that events run smoothly.

Very flexible in terms of scheduling. Management is made up of young millennials and everyone is incredibly friendly. There are monthly happy hours and you get access to shows as well at your request.