SoFi Employee Reviews

Horrible
Call Center Representative/ Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
The call center on Watt Avenue in North Highlands is horrible they were Mouse running through the call center sitting on chairs while your on phone with a customer and they continue to be quiet and maintain your composure that is the reason why I left it's one of the most ghetto places I've ever worked in my life and you could not double my salary to get me to go back.
Pros
Noe
Cons
Everything is bad
New financial company with a lot of advancement
Communication Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJune 26, 2018
Very productive which on the specialty team. Very fast paced company a lot of work to get done. Enjoyed everyone that worked on my team and had much advancement to learn new skills while in this role.
Pros
Free Lunch Card
Cons
short breaks
Amazing place to work
Senior Development Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTJune 15, 2018
Best job I've ever had. The importance is on the work, not on the details that don't matter. No dumb dress code, no issues with being 1 minute late, no denying vacations for arbitrary reasons. This job is the one you dream of having.
Pros
Free lunch, great co-workers
Great Place to Start
Senior Manager of Communication Operations (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAMay 2, 2018
Sofi is a good place to put on your resume and to get your feet wet. The environment is OK and the culture has had some changes recently, some good, some bad.
Executive leadership should be more in touch with the work being done in the trenches across the organization.
Employees are stakeholders too and should not come in last place.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Executive Leadership is disconnected.
Just. Don't. Horrible Culture and Upper Management
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTApril 20, 2018
Don't. It sounds great-- Benefits, Compensation, Food Card... but you will hate your life if you work there! Upper management does NOT care about their people, and seek out reasons to fire people for nothing. They are the WORST.

Training is a joke, no one knows anything and RMCs are left to hold the accountability. Quality team is against the RMCs and make ridiculous judgments! The decisions made for bonus, OT, Contests and Rewards are not made with "do the right thing" in mind. TOXIC CULTURE.

Managers are told "unlimited PTO" but really- there is none. If you don't accrue it: they don't have to give you ANY. It is frowned upon if asked for it and working a ton of extra hours is expected. You will work all the Holidays, your days off- and no additional time is given in lieu.
Benefits
Cons
Culture, Upper Management... Basically everything else.
Great
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAApril 2, 2018
I learned a lot about consumer lending. I led a team of 15 and had to enhance my leadership skills. I gained a lot of confidence and loved working there. I would stay if I wasn't looking to relocate.
Productive, fast paced company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 22, 2018
I love SoFi's vision with helping people to gain financial independence and offering different products for members to achieve that goal. Looking forward to seeing what the new CEO has in store.
Pros
Free lunches, stocked kitchen, healthcare.
Don't apply for Consumer Loan Review
Consumer Loan Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTMarch 19, 2018
I haven't worked here very long, but they set their employees up for failure, and are "flip-floppers" on everything they communicate. Nice benefits, but not worth working there.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Never leave another job to work here!
RMC (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEMarch 14, 2018
I left my previous job to work at SoFi because it was more convenient as far as location goes. Little did I know that once they "hire you" you're not really hired unless you can pass their 4 week training class with an 85% or higher. I received an 81% and got fired when I'm pretty much over qualified for this position anyway. I've been in customer service for 18 years and they let me go over an 81% quality score. This is the only call center I know that grades your calls with expectations of you knowing everything about the company within 2 weeks of training. The quality assurance team who grades the calls aren't even in the same state so it's not like you can dispute anything.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Snacks, Free health benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fun and quick paced
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTMarch 11, 2018
Great place to start a career. The mortgage division is continually adapting and it is important to come each day ready to learn and be able to adapt.
stressful don't appreciate employees
Product Support specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2018
Management makes decisions about employees without regard to them. They don't encourage placement in positions of strength and have let great employees go without trying to keep them. They will require overtime one day and take it away another. In more than 2 years working there, I've never gotten a raise. I was "promoted' to a new department where I excelled until they decided they didn't want the department anymore. I have never felt particularly appreciated by management for my work. Love the people I work for love the vision and goals and product. Would stay if I could
Pros
benefits, people, great product
Cons
working there
Consumer Loan Review (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UtahMarch 9, 2018
I have been working at SoFi for 3 months now, and I really like my job. You will only like what you do if that's what you want to do it and if you are good at it. It is production and goal oriented job, and lots of advancing opportunities- IF you are doing good.
Pros
Free health, dental, vision insurance. Free snack.Meal Stipend
Cons
Constant change
Successful Company with great benefits, but not everything is peaches and gravy
Senior QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTFebruary 20, 2018
My employment at SoFi was fairly short. All new engineers must complete a week long training in Helena to learn about company culture, policies, and get your environment set up.

Unfortunately, that training is not helpful for anyone who works at one of the other locations. So much so, in fact, that my manager told me to forget everything I had heard there, but then refused to replace that training with anything of her own.

After several weeks of being at odds because she was unwilling to actually share her expectations until I did something that bothered her personally, I was terminated. I believe the official reason was that I did not put in a full day's work, despite working 8 hours a day in the office.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits. Like better than you can imagine.
Cons
Managers may not have time to both manage and code.
dont look to grow here
Relationship Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Claymont, DEFebruary 1, 2018
This probably the most volatile and inconsistent workplace for a call center operation. There are very vague product policies that hard to keep up with because things change all the time and its difficult to keep up with metric requirements because the basis of call review is subjective - meaning there are no realistic benchmarks one can reach to meet a certain standard for meetings Sofi's Goals... Its down to the luck of what call they pick or dont pick that determines your score... some of the managers are helpful and some are not... the favoritism is very apparent there... there is a very high turn over rate here so dont go looking for a career here unless you get lucky and get good scores for being on the phones... just apply for a non call center related job... the pay is decent and all, excellent benefits, but thats about it...
Pros
good benefits, plenty of OT to work when available
Cons
favoritism, difficult to meet metric goals, too easy to get reprimanded
Official response from SoFi
February 5, 2018

Thanks for providing feedback. I appreciate your candor as we take each review seriously. The senior leadership has recognized the improvements needed in the Operations environment and is fully committed to making positive changes. If you’d like to discuss further, please feel free to reach me at: tflood@sofi.org. – T. Food, HR Business Partner

nice perks for full time permanent employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEDecember 13, 2017
I liked working for SoFi but the management was extremely unprofessional and lacked knowledge on how to treat employees. They will have a high turn around for employees because of their lack of transparency
Pros
Free lunch, snack bar
Cons
bad management, no feedback, no transparency
Great benefits low pay
Relationship Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CADecember 11, 2017
Constantly reviewed on performance criteria, with little compensation for high performance. Great benefits. Lack of communication between management and departments. Low pay for a lot of work, and be ready to accept additional responsibility with no extra reward. Great co-workers, and friendly management, and some overtime opportunity if needed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 22, 2017
got to work, went to work, if I had problems there were people ther to help. there were your typical incentives and the staff was pleasant and the training was laid back and productive
Relationship Management Consultant
Relationship Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CANovember 9, 2017
If a call center is where you want to work at. SoFi does the job. Mundane, close quarters, and free lunches. Good pay, good benefits, and free gear. It all comes with the stress and high volume you will have to deal with on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, good benefits
Cons
You are being watched and recorded from the minute you clock in to the minute you clock out
Benefits are great but not work, life, balance
RMC (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEJuly 24, 2017
Company offers great benefits, such as paying for health insurance at 100% and applying money towards your student loans but work, life, balance is not ideal. They are somewhat unorganized due to rapid growth and your schedule is subject to change at any given moment.
Pros
Health coverage, loan compensation, and lunch
Cons
Breaks, phones, flexibility, no balance or flexibility
Fast paced - way better than DOA/SITSD
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTJuly 9, 2017
Decent place to work, especially if you are young and don't have a family. Training needs improvement, but still way better than DOA/SITSD. Very fast paced environment.
Pros
Very busy, gym membership, snacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoFi. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight