SoFi

SoFi Employee Reviews

United States63 reviews
Good overall
A lot of benefits. Free food, tuition reimbursement, PTO, health, dental. The company micromanages everything you do. A good place to work, but hard to say how long you'll last.
Best Place I have ever worked.
This was the best place to work, I felt like I was apart of another family and I was definitely sad to leave. Great benefits, pay, culture, you name it.
BEWARE!!! If I could give 0 stars, I would.
While the benefits are great, be prepared for constant change. The company has a lot of ideas that would be great, if they worked. Because of so many ideas, we endure a huge work load from customers calling in complaining about the online changes (which we mostly get blindsided by as well) and being forced to deescalate.

Managers are lazy and have no formal training. Applications take forever to complete based on the incompetence of the review team. Most of this causes major issues and is notably to biggest reason (besides tech issues) that borrowers call in about. Issues get passed to the next person without getting a resolve. Bringing up issues within the company will get you on their imaginary bad list and you’ll be accused of bringing down the moral. I tried so many times to bring up suggestions or bring problems to managements attention but they are more focused on keeping their own job and don’t want to get on this list to block their opportunities of moving up.

We are graded on metrics and mostly won’t bonus due to being scored on the borrowers satisfaction with the company. We are forced to come up with our own explanations for application denials and many more things. We are graded in these explanations and answers as to make sure the company doesn’t look bad. This is all based on their own personal discretion separate from surveys we receive from the borrowers. Ex: I’ve had someone tell me, I should have talked in a higher pitch to regulate the borrowers tone.

Each manager will give you a different answer to one question. No lie, we’ve all tried it. And
 - more...
The benefits are great but prepared to be overworked
The benefits at SoFi can't be beaten, that's how they get people into the company and staying in the company.

The role was miserable - unrealistic and unobtainable metrics (including the majority of your bonus being set on factors you had very little control over like "Company Satisfaction"). The upper management was out of touch with the position so there was very little support. They will overwork you. The communication in the company is terrible so you will constantly be surprised by changes. On top of this, be prepared to get yelled at constantly by customers. I was a top performer at the company. The level of stress at this position due to all of the above factors drove me to look for employment elsewhere.

On the plus side, my coworkers were great, my immediate managers really cared, they have great diversity programs if you are in a minority group, you will learn a lot about the FinTech industry and get a foot in the door. The company would often surprise employees with swag, food, etc. Other roles are much better, so if you can get hired in a different role you'll likely have a much better time.
Excellent Place To Work
Excellent benefits, lunch benefit card, 200 a month to my student loans, insurance paid 100%. Excellent benefits overall. Management is pretty good. Culture is great overall.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great
The Job is easy as long as you know how to deal with a variety of Members (customers). The higher ups treat you with respect and are willing to help you meet your goals. They are friendly and professional.
Co-Workers not completing their tasks.
There are a lot of issues from employees not completing their tasks correctly when helping a customer causing the customer to call back very upset....
Productive and fun workplace
I learned how to balance start-up culture with productivity. You have to be versatile and able to adapt to situations presented. Management was good and the employees were close and supportive.
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free.
N/a
Communication needs to worked on in a major way. Policy changes are rarely communicated. Management was pretty great. Co-workers were awesome. Pay and benefits were fantastic.
Great Benefits, Okay culture
Overall a pretty good job with extremely good benefits. The company tries to keep a fun culture, but at the same time they also micromanage every little thing you do.
Solid
It's a solid job choice however change is eminent and constant with no indication or rhyme or reason to the whys. Overtime and snacks or food are always available.
Great company mission. Lots of new executive management.
Great team of developers working hard to create a great product for their customers along with product and operations. Management has many ideas that aren't being well prioritized so everything becomes a top priority leading to a lack of focus and team confusion.
Seems fine at first
The company seems fine at first and training is great. Once you start they change shifts and managers constantly and while working you have to rely on other teams and managers for support. If you ask the same question to eight managers; you get eight different answers. Their resource on the computer can not be relied on and are cumbersome to navigate at times as well as you are not given much time to research. There is a lot of turmoil and drama to deal with constantly. Managers are promoted up from doing well on their metrics, but have no people skills and do not get management training. I would not recommend this company as a place to work for anyone I care about.
Stressful
From training to the time I quit, I was with SoFi for about seven months back in 2017.

It was an incredibly stressful job, to the point where I actively dreaded going to work and had to speak with my doctor about anti-depressants.

When I brought this up to management, I was essentially told to suck it up.

The perks are incredible, but unless you are someone who can handle being verbally abused over the phone for hours, I would not recommend being a Relationship Management Consultant. Unfortunately, clients call in when they are displeased, and as an RMC, your job is to de-escalate and try to resolve the issue. I understand this was my job, but if a client is verbally abusing you, you should be able to end the call. We were 'encouraged' to find a solution, which was not always possible. On top of this, SoFi grades you on your phone calls, so if you try to defend yourself or end the phone call without a solution, you are given a poor grade. There is very little assistance from management.

I did meet some amazing people while working there, and SoFi does offer excellent health benefits, a gym membership, and snacks; however, even with all these positives, I would still never recommend this job to anyone.

It has been a few years since I have worked there so it is possible it has changed.
Worst management ever
I was contracted so everything I was told through the temporary agency did not apply to the actual work environment. Poor training, poor expectations, but great team moral and the team sups are mostly amazing!
Growing company.
Great company with a little growing pain. Room for growth for employees. Has great benefits and bonus incentives. Free lunches and snacks are wonderful.
Be Careful
Be careful of the HEAVY corporate politics here!!! Favoritism! And sneaky co workers/Mgrs! There tends to be a trend with co workers doing things with Managers they have no business doing. Like I said, BE CAREFUL!!!!!!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
HEAVY corporate politics
Fun place to work
I worked for a small time. it was a fun place to work. opportunity to grow and learn. I definitely recommend working for this place. Free lunches, gym on site.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Place to Work
So many benefits, so many friends the job can be tedious not really good pay for what is expected however with the benefits it can even out. They offer go time meaning if the job is slow you can leave
Pros
free lunch, free healthcare
Not what they seem
I started at this company and from day one they lied about what was going to be offered to us and what our job was going to be like. Every time we turned around our job description would change. Reaching out to other employees was frowned upon and you would be written up for it. Not a family friendly company at all, it was their schedule first and whatever you had planned with family did not matter.