SoFi Employee Reviews

Not what they seem
Relationship Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEApril 3, 2019
I started at this company and from day one they lied about what was going to be offered to us and what our job was going to be like. Every time we turned around our job description would change. Reaching out to other employees was frowned upon and you would be written up for it. Not a family friendly company at all, it was their schedule first and whatever you had planned with family did not matter.
upbeat, fast pace, and fun
Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTMarch 8, 2019
My day goes by so fast here. Its not stressful and they take care of you so well. They have great break rooms just loaded with more snacks and drinks than you can get at costco. I love that they are so responsive to making work easier and smarter for everyone and their individual needs. The pay is excellent and if you come to work wanting to succeed your fast tracked to bonuses and recognition very quickly.
Pros
paid health insurance, paid lunches everyday, stress free
Cons
kinda of far from my house, easier to be promoted with a degree
Great Atmosphere
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAFebruary 26, 2019
Low key work environment with casual wear but very professional.

The only thing lacking for me was the ability to grow in my job.

I don't want to say more but the box in this survey requires it.
SoFi so-so
Consumer Loan Reviewer (Current Employee) –  DelawareFebruary 6, 2019
lending to consumer and student loan applicants.

Learned various income calculations

management is a continuous evolution, not quite fully developed yet due to new company and titles change.

workplace culture is a see-saw...dress is laid back can were jeans, but production of applications is stressful. The new goals do not fit the old production module.

hardest part of job is obtaining goal, due to bonus is paid quarterly not monthly, so 1 month could disqualify your bonus

Most enjoyable part of my day team meetings.
Pros
benefits-
Cons
now we take phone calls, but when hired was not part of business module
Growing company
Director (Current Employee) –  various locationsFebruary 4, 2019
There's alot of work to do and a lot of change. Work life balance is hard, but opportunity for learning and growing immense. Many changes as SoFi builds necessary framework for long term scalability and success.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
lots of hours and opinions
Brilliant Chaos with no direction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTDecember 11, 2018
The company is still young and change comes quick and fast. There's a lot of blame game and no accountability for management. Always look out for yourself because the company doesn't actually care about anything but their bottom line.
Pros
health care paid for, lunch card, onsite gym, tuition reimbursement
Cons
no accountability, no direction, no promotional mobility, no standard pay raises, adherence is king
Stressful at times and must be able to work well independently and use resources for any questions, very high volume calls and no way you can slck her
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 30, 2018
When I started, it was an overload of information and the computer systems were a little intimidating. Management prefers that you are using your computer and the Sofi Wiki for info and they pretty much monitor and grade you every day for what they call "scorecards".. The verbiage you use must be verbatim but cannot use any company slang terms so it took some time to get the hang of it and had sometimes where i thought I needed help but I was perfectly capable of finding the answers myself. I loved working at Sofi, great environment, FREE food, and drinks, challenging and always having to adapt to change kept me on my toes especially at 530 AM. This is not your typical call center job, they make sure you are always on task and representing the company professionally and efficiently. Expect to work work work and you stay very busy.
Pros
Free Food, Awesome crew
Cons
Tight schedule
Very stressful environment
Consumer Loan Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTNovember 7, 2018
It's all about the numbers and the auditing system is horrible. Almost everyone in my original group ended up quitting or was fired.
I would not recommend the job to anyone with any sense of having the job long term. The only people that ended up staying were the ones who had friends in high places.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management, training, sharing desks
Great Atmosphere
CUSTOMER RELATIONS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAOctober 26, 2018
Sofi is really a great place to work. Catered meals and a fully stocked break room every day. The training was in depth and efficient. Management is helpful and competent.
Pros
Competitive Wages
Cons
Call Center with no dividing walls
Very great place to work, but things constantly change
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Claymont, DEOctober 25, 2018
I've loved working for SoFi since Day 1. The benefits are great, the bonuses are good, the work environment is really relaxed and fun. There is a lot of culture as well. The only thing I would say negatively about my current position is I believe the pay should be higher. There is a lot of pressure to hit your goal and I greatly dislike when I don't. Your goal is heavily based on your bonus. I am good at my job, but the variables don't always fall into place and I feel as though the position I am in should get a higher salary for the workload.
Pros
Benefits, quarterly bonuses, relax environment
Cons
Pay could be a bit higher
Awful place to work
Consumer Loan Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTSeptember 25, 2018
Management is a joke, they don't talk to you. Everything is awful, no real training, expect you to switch your jobs around whenever they please with no warning.
Pros
Lunch Card
Cons
Everything else
Worst Company I have Ever Worked For
Loan Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTSeptember 13, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. If you are not popular with the management you do not get to advance. You also cannot bonus even if your stats are good if you do not have an in with the management.

Mid level and senior management are all about numbers and do not care about their actual employees.

Only 3 sick days a year. They like to write you up for every little thing.
No advance placement
N/A (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEAugust 21, 2018
This company is on a great path but lacks strong leaders. If you do not join the selective club in the office you will likely not be promoted. There is no professionalism in this call center and there is too much favoritism which hinders other's growth. Huge disappointment working for an office that is not honest with their own employees.

Strong qualified applicants should be considered for new positions, not your buddies!
Benefits
Cons
Management, Promotions, Culture
Start-up
Customer Relationship Management/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAAugust 2, 2018
It had it's ups and downs.
It started out great, then they hired someone from outside to make changes to shift from start-up to corporate. Those changes resulted in many perks/benefits taken away, bonus and overtime offers limited, and unobtainable goals. I have a friend that still works there and he says they have worked through most kinks and it is a little better than when I left.
Horrible
Call Center Representative/ Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
The call center on Watt Avenue in North Highlands is horrible they were Mouse running through the call center sitting on chairs while your on phone with a customer and they continue to be quiet and maintain your composure that is the reason why I left it's one of the most ghetto places I've ever worked in my life and you could not double my salary to get me to go back.
Pros
Noe
Cons
Everything is bad
New financial company with a lot of advancement
Communication Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJune 26, 2018
Very productive which on the specialty team. Very fast paced company a lot of work to get done. Enjoyed everyone that worked on my team and had much advancement to learn new skills while in this role.
Pros
Free Lunch Card
Cons
short breaks
Amazing place to work
Senior Development Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTJune 15, 2018
Best job I've ever had. The importance is on the work, not on the details that don't matter. No dumb dress code, no issues with being 1 minute late, no denying vacations for arbitrary reasons. This job is the one you dream of having.
Pros
Free lunch, great co-workers
Bad Management ruins a good thing
Relationship Managment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEJune 8, 2018
This job has OK pay, great benefits, and the actual job of an RMC isn't all that difficult . They do their best to make a fun work environment with free snacks, lunches,

However,

Many job policies are just horrible. and are ever-changing on a daily basis.

Only 3 Sick days per year.

All employees get a new schedule every quarter.

Quality assurance isn't held to the same standard across the board, so you could get a bad score on a call for doing something you got a perfect score on numerous times before.

If the company policy contradicts itself, be prepared to take the fall if a mistake is made.
Pros
Free Lunches, Gym Membership, Promotes from within, Free Healthcare plan
Cons
Poor leadership, New schedule every 3 months
Great Place to Start
Senior Manager of Communication Operations (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAMay 2, 2018
Sofi is a good place to put on your resume and to get your feet wet. The environment is OK and the culture has had some changes recently, some good, some bad.
Executive leadership should be more in touch with the work being done in the trenches across the organization.
Employees are stakeholders too and should not come in last place.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Executive Leadership is disconnected.
Just. Don't. Horrible Culture and Upper Management
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTApril 20, 2018
Don't. It sounds great-- Benefits, Compensation, Food Card... but you will hate your life if you work there! Upper management does NOT care about their people, and seek out reasons to fire people for nothing. They are the WORST.

Training is a joke, no one knows anything and RMCs are left to hold the accountability. Quality team is against the RMCs and make ridiculous judgments! The decisions made for bonus, OT, Contests and Rewards are not made with "do the right thing" in mind. TOXIC CULTURE.

Managers are told "unlimited PTO" but really- there is none. If you don't accrue it: they don't have to give you ANY. It is frowned upon if asked for it and working a ton of extra hours is expected. You will work all the Holidays, your days off- and no additional time is given in lieu.
Benefits
Cons
Culture, Upper Management... Basically everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoFi. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight