SoFi

SoFi insights

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good benefits low pay

Good benefits low pay. Working in the office was fun for the great drinks and snacks but since we went work from home it has gone down hill. Daily meetings just to “check in” could be emails

Sofi has very good benefits and a lunch card.

Sofi managers suck if you’re not a top signer on their team. There system only works for applications everything else you have to report. You have to log your application signings manually, denials, no credit files missing files, the system only process. It’s to much to meet a signing goal a day because you have to be a system and meet production. I hated the manager pressure, but love the team mate support if you don’t have 5 hands don’t work here!

Pros

Lunch card

Cons

Short lunch breaks, it’s manual everything, you have to keep up with your application you have to keep up with signings, you have to report decline all on an excel sheet.

Okay job

Would probably not recommend this to a friend. Very stressful and management can be inconsistent. I did learn a lot while I was here about finance and the fintech world in general so that's a plus.

September 23, 2021
We see feedback as a gift that will only help us improve, so thank you for your candid feedback. While we're glad to hear you learned a lot, we are disappointed to hear the job caused stress. We value all of our employees and want them to know that their health and wellbeing should always come first. In addition, we are deeply committed to creating a culture where people love to work, and a critical part of that is having a world-class leadership team, so we are very disappointed to hear your experience with management didn't meet your expectations. We are continuing to roll manager excellence trainings to ensure all leaders have the tools and resources they need to create a supportive, inclusive work environment where their team can do the best work of their lives. The rapid growth we're experiencing means we are constantly learning, iterating and innovating, and we value feedback like yours to help us continue to improve. If you would like to continue this conversation, we encourage you to reach out to us at indeed@sofi.org. We wish you the best of luck in your career (and life!) endeavors. Take care.

Egotistic Management

Everyone in the C suite, VPs and Directors feel like they are the smartest people in the world because they worked for Twitter, Microsoft, AWS etc. They will ask for you feedback but don't really care about what you think since they've generally made up their mind about the path forward. You will work 12-14 hours a day and still be expected to work several more hours during the weekends because "we are putting members first". They didn't even bother to do an exit interview when I quit and everyone was bitter that I was leaving and outright hostile.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Poor Management, Unresponsive IT, Terrible HR

August 18, 2021
Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us. Your comments are not indicative of the experience we strive to provide our employees here at SoFi. The health of our employees is incredibly important to us, so we are concerned to hear you didn't feel you had a healthy work/life balance and didn't feel like you were listened to. Our goal is to create a workplace where every employee feels valued and supported. Your comments around leadership are also discouraging to hear. You may have left before we hired a new HR Training and Development Leader to overhaul our manager training to ensure all managers have the tools and resources they need to create a supportive, inclusive work environment where their team can do the best work of their lives. We utilize Indeed to not only give candidates a glimpse into what it’s like to work at SoFi, but also to compile, listen to and act on feedback from employees past and present. We truly see feedback as a gift that will help us continue to improve the employee experience. If you would like to continue the conversation - or would like to have an exit interview, we encourage you to reach out to us at indeed@sofi.org. We wish you the best of luck - take care.

A great place for career-driven individuals

SoFi offers an incredibly fast-paced, goal-oriented, and challenging environment and this is certainly a company that early-mid career professionals can grow quickly at. I've personally learnt a lot and the fin-tech world is definitely exciting and offers a glimpse into the future of banking and money management. The mission, values are what inspired me to join the company and the products are all cutting-edge which makes learning and flexibility an essential part of the job. Managers and leadership value autonomy and a self-led, discovery and solution-oriented approach are much appreciated. I see myself and my peers having a fairly long and exciting career at SoFi.

Pros

Lunch card, Great health care benefits and bonuses

Cons

fast-paced and evolving challenges

August 18, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review of your experience. As you know, one of our values is 'take care of people and help them grow' and we're committed to building programs that support career development for our employees. We're glad you've been able to experience that first hand. The rapid growth we are experiencing offers our employees an incredible opportunity to learn, grow, and help shape the future of our company and this industry. That said, we know the pace can be intense, so we hope you feel empowered to take the time to disconnect when needed. If you have any additional feedback to share, or you'd like to continue this conversation, we welcome an email at indeed@sofi.org. Thank you for being on this journey with us!

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Rewarding Company

SoFi is a very demanding place to work which has aligned to my interests. High performers are given the chance to standout and and be rewarded, but it takes a lot of effort to stand out among many skilled, hardworking individuals. You have to be willing to put in the extra effort. I've learned a lot about finance, lending, technology, product management, project management, and leadership. There are opportunities to foster a great career in a combination of all of those areas. The management is mostly fantastic but there are obvious clashes when people are held to differing responsibilities. I'd say that most people are/feel valued, but there are opportunities to dial back expectations and still feel confident in what we've achieved. I like the people and the culture. The hard part is the always-on culture.

Pros

Advancement, Pay & Benefits, People, Management

Cons

Demanding

August 8, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience at SoFi - we're thrilled to hear it's been a positive one so far. We agree that our people are our great differentiator and the growth we're experiencing translates to a fast-paced environment where we are constantly learning, iterating, and innovating. We believe this environment creates innumerable opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and to help shape the future of SoFi...and the entire Fintech industry. We are incredibly grateful for hard working employees like you who are dedicated to making SoFi a great place to work. If you would like to continue this conversation, or have other feedback to share, please reach out to us at indeed@sofi.org.

Fast Paced, Creative Work Environment

SoFi is an incredible place to work! The culture is positive and diverse and they really go the extra mile to make everyone feel welcome, valued and taken care of. It is fast paced and ever changing so there is never a dull moment!

July 27, 2021
Thank you for being on this journey with us. We are so happy you feel taken care of - we are incredibly grateful for dedicated, passionate, and hard working employees like you who are helping to shape a brighter financial future for our 2+ million members. We agree the rapid growth we are experiencing is creating an amazing opportunity for our employees to learn, grow, and create. If you have any additional feedback to help us continue to improve the employee experience, please reach out to your manager, PBP, or email us at indeed@sofi.org. Thank you again for being a part of the SoFi family!

Great Company to work for

SoFi is a great company to work for. The company is fairly new so there are a few areas that can be improved on but nothing major, it has a lot of great potential to be one of the greatest companies to work for. They have great benefits including no premium health care and free payments towards your existing student loans. The culture is innovative, inclusive and diversified.

Pros

School loan repayment, lunch card, healthcare

July 22, 2021
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear your SoFi experience has been overall positive. We are so incredibly grateful for employees like you who are working hard to SoFi to the next level, and we're glad to hear you've enjoyed some of the benefits we offer employees. The speed at which we are growing means that we're constantly learning, iterating, and innovating. It creates a really dynamic, fast paced working environment that we hope you are finding to be a rewarding experience. If you have any additional feedback on how we can continue to improve the employee experience, please reach out to your manager, PBP, or email us at indeed@sofi.org.

Challenging Work, Quickly Expanding

Really enjoyed working here as a commercial loan underwriter. Unfortunately I had to leave due to a relocation, but I found the work to be challenging, rewarding and well-supported by knowledgeable management. It was great to be part of a company that is growing so rapidly and aggressive. The CEO is the best there is and he is very relatable.

Pros

Rapidly expanding, healthcare, dynamic environment, challenging, fast paced

Cons

Short breaks

July 22, 2021
First and foremost, thank you for the time you dedicated to working at SoFi...and for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review of your experience. We're so happy to hear your time with us was a memorable one and that you felt the work was challenging but rewarding. We are helping to transform an industry that hasn't changed in decades - it's hard work but we hope you (and all employees) are able to see the value and impact of your work. We are biased but agree that Anthony Noto is the best in the business. His experience and passion for where we are going is infectious! Plus, we have a pretty amazing group of employees (like you!) who are helping to take SoFi to the next level. Even though you're no longer an employee, you'll always be a part of the SoFi family and we wish you the best of luck with your relocation and your next job!

July 22, 2021

Company that takes care of their employees

Overall great place to work and advance. Management is invested in my progress. We live our core values and help everyone feel welcomed. SoFi also has extra benefits not included in the welcome packet.

Pros

lunch card, snacks, company stocks

Cons

No 401K company contribution

June 30, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we're so happy to hear it's been a positive one so far. Keep living our values! They are our building blocks to create a world-class culture. The growth we are experiencing has created many opportunities for our employees to grow their careers. We know 401k matching is important to our employees, and will continue to keep it top of mind as we evolve our benefits offerings. We are always looking for ways we can improve, so if anything comes to mind, please share them with your manager, our People Team, or email us at indeed@sofi.org. We value your feedback so much. Thank you!

Amazing Benefits, and Culture!

I enjoy working for SoFi! Everyone is so nice, and willing to help. I really appreciate how there is no order of operation so to speak for help. You can reach out to anyone and they are happy to help, or guide you in the direction for help. Management is on top of things, and are really engaged. We're always receiving one on ones, and are participating in all-hands meetings and calibrations once a month. I enjoy that culture and the commitment to help people become more engaged since covid.

Pros

Lunch Card, Benefits, Communication, Engagements, Open Feedback, Morale

Cons

Unable to work remotely

June 30, 2021
Thank you for your candid feedback - we see it as a gift that is only going to help us improve, so we can reach our 'best place to work' ambitions. We are committed to creating a culture where people love to work, and our employees are at the center of building an amazing culture. Another part of this is enabling our managers with the tools and resources they need to inspire their teams - we're happy to hear you think we're on the right track! We encourage you to reach out to your manager or PBP to continue the discussion about remote work. Or feel free to reach out to us at indeed@sofi.org. We are so grateful you're on this journey with us!

I'm bless to work for such a wonderful company.

The culture here at SoFi is wonderful and can be felt from the top, with CEO, Anthony Nato, all the way to our Members. I feel like my managers care for my growth and well-being.

Pros

benefits/ compensation package, growth opportunity, diversity, Wfh

Cons

Q/A's are not always consistent.

June 30, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your SoFi experience. WE are the ones that are blessed because we get to work with such passionate, hard working people like you who are dedicated to helping our members achieve financial independence! We're thrilled to hear you've enjoyed some of the benefits we offer our employees and that you feel your compensation is competitive. We know there are some inconsistencies in creating scalable resources for our Ops employees, and please know we are working on it! If you have any other thoughts to share, we encourage you to reach out to your manager, PBP, or email us at indeed@sofi.org. Thank you for being a part of our SoFamily!

Fun environment

Everyone is so friendly and easy to approach when I have questions. Everyone is very knowledgeable and makes sure that I get correct information. They have brought my confidence out immensely since I have started.

Pros

meal card, free insurance, hourly wages

Cons

micromanagers, being updated with what has changed

June 30, 2021
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us! We are biased, but agree that we get to work with some of the brightest, most thoughtful people in the world. We're glad you agree, and are so happy to hear working at SoFi has helped build your confidence. While we're thrilled you have enjoyed some of the benefits we offer employees, your comments about micromanagement are disappointing. We are committed to helping our employees understand how they're doing, where they're going, and how to get there. If you are comfortable continuing the conversation so we can help improve, we encourage you to reach out to your PBP or email us at indeed@sofi.org.

Great place to work`

Cool environment, relaxed casual. Ability to work remotely during these tough times. Ability to move up and progress in your career. Highly recommend.

June 30, 2021
We're so grateful for employees like you who are helping to make SoFi a great place to work. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience. Career growth and the people are two of the top reasons why people love working at SoFi, so we're glad to hear you agree. The shift to full-time remote work due to the global COVID-19 pandemic has challenged all companies, but supporting our employees will always be a top priority for us. If you have any other ideas for how we can continue to improve the employee experience, please reach out to your manager, PBP, or email us at indeed@sofi.org. Thanks for being a part of the SoFi family!

Great company with awesome benefits

CEO helped take the company public recently. New hires for the past year or so have been awesome. Strong push for a more diverse workforce. Management cares about the people. Good work life balance.

Pros

Lunch card, good work life balances, SoFridays, benefits are awesome!

Cons

Lacks a 401k employer contribution.

June 30, 2021
First and foremost, thank you for being on this journey with us! As you know, our company-wide priority #1 this year is to create a culture where people love to work, so we're happy to hear you think we're on the right track. We believe our success is made possible by the incredibly passionate, dedicated employees (like you!) who are deeply committed to our mission and values. We are incredibly proud of the values our leaders stand for, and together we are on an incredible journey, helping to transform an industry that hasn't changed in decades!We know 401k matching is important to our employees, and will continue to keep it top of mind as we evolve our benefits offerings. We are always looking for ways we can improve, so if anything comes to mind, please share them with your manager, our People Team, or email us at indeed@sofi.org. We value your feedback so much. Thank you!

Management is horrible

I probably had the worst manager at SoFi. The problems I would present would never be resolved. I would be ignored for hours, days, even weeks! Training was improper. The pay made up for a lot of the mess but when you’re not getting support you need from you manager it makes you dread going to work neo

June 30, 2021
We sincerely appreciate you leaving an honest review of your experience, and we're grateful for the time you've dedicated to working at SoFi. We pride ourselves on creating a culture where people love to work, and a critical part of that is having a world-class management team, so we are very disappointed to hear your experience with management didn't meet your expectations. Perhaps you left before we started rolling out our Manager Onboarding Program, which is designed to give new managers everything they need to know about managing people at SoFi, from how to foster inclusion and belonging on their team, to building their personal leadership brand. Our goal is to give all managers the tools they need to support and inspire their teams to do the best work of their lives. We never want any employee to feel ignored, so we would encourage you to reach out to your PBP, another trusted manager, or email us at indeedrecruiting@sofi.org so we can help solve this situation. Thank you for being a part of the SoFi family!

complete nightmare

Stressful, a lot of dishonesty, typical day is 10-12 hour day. Management is horrible, they lie and are not transparent. The culture is horrible, the CEO talks alot about culture but he doesn't honestly believe that it applies to him.The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving the job.No assistance when is needed, half the finance team left and the week I left accounting there were a couple others that left as well...

Pros

working 60-70 hours per week, losing time with family

Cons

Dishonesty, Bad Culture, Horrible management, bad compensation, alot of turnover

June 3, 2021
Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us. Your comments are not indicative of the experience we strive to provide our employees here at SoFi. The health of our employees is incredibly important to us, so we are concerned to hear you didn't feel you had a healthy work/life balance and that the work environment was stressful. We're proud of the leadership team we've built since Anthony Noto joined as CEO. Our focus on building a durable culture of diversity were people love to work is very intentional - while we have made great strides in this area, we know there is more work to be done. Ensuring this is a top priority for the entire company will help us get there. Building an amazing culture starts with leadership, and we have just hired a Training and Development Leader to overhaul our manager training to ensure all leaders have the tools and resources they need to create a supportive, inclusive work environment where their team can do the best work of their lives. Our goal is to create a workplace where every employee feels valued and supported. Thank you again for the review. If you would like to continue the conversation, we encourage you to reach out to us at indeed@sofi.org. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Never a dull moment

I have worked for SoFi since July of 2015. My days are always different which makes work interesting and keeps me engaged. We move quickly, there are a lot of last minute changes so being flexible and adaptable will help you succeed here. I've learned that no matter what job title you hold your opinion is always heard. People may not always agree with what you have to say but it is always good to speak up. The culture at SoFi in operations is a family, at the end of the day we all support and root for each other to grow and help the company obtain it's goals. The hardest part of me job is when there isn't enough communication. I like to be looped in to just about everything so that I can effectively help and support my team members. The most enjoyable part are the people I get to work with everyday. Like I said, it's like working with your family, but better.

Pros

The people, pay, benefits, lunch card, and flexible time off as long as you have coverage.

Cons

Learning curve, feeling the need to always be available 24/7

May 13, 2021
First and foremost, THANK YOU for the nearly 6 years you have dedicated to working at SoFi. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience. We're a bit biased ;), but we agree that we get to work with some of the most kind, smart, and passionate people in the world. The rapid growth we're experiencing means we move fast! Being agile is helping to set SoFi up for long-term success, but we acknowledge there is room for improvement when it comes to internal communication. We are working on it! Your work/life balance is incredibly important to us, so we encourage you to speak with your manager or your PBP to see how we can help improve this for you. Thanks again for being a part of the SoFi family!

Tons of opportunity at a mission driven company

SoFi is very oriented around its mission of helping its members achieve financial independence and that comes through in the company values. The first value is all about putting members first which comes across in the range of products SoFi is building so that members can use SoFi as their primary financial institution. That said, SoFi has only scratched the surface and has so much more to do. There is tons of opportunity for growth and opportunity to help advance this mission. Anyone coming to SoFi will learn and ton and be able to grow.

Pros

Growth, challenging problems, free lunch, strong compensation

Cons

Lots to do, the company moves quickly

May 13, 2021
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your SoFi experience. Our steadfast dedication to our mission and values are some of the top cited reasons why people love working at SoFi. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives! The rapid growth we're experiencing creates a ton of opportunity for our employees to learn, grow, and make an impact, but it also means we move fast. We believe being agile will help us continue to innovate and put our members first. Thanks for being on this journey with us!

Learned a lot but not worth the stress

Management was always threatening to fire team members, the goal posts for production were always moving. Was on a PiP multiple times and there was always some kind of caveat to keep me on one despite good performance and meeting goals originally outlined in PiP. Happy to have left for a place with better job security, or at least with management not outright threatening to fire you.

Pros

Great Team, Learned a Lot

Cons

Management, Leadership, Most Other Things

April 20, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While we're glad you enjoyed the team and felt like you learned a lot, we are disappointed to hear that your overall experience at SoFi was not what you had hoped. Our production operations team is on the front lines with our members every day and we aim to create a consistently positive member experience with every interaction. In order to do so, we set very specific goals - all employees are provided metrics and evaluated against them on an ongoing basis, with a formal review each quarter. Every employee is held to the same set of metrics and we strive to give everyone the training and tools they need to meet and exceed expectations. We would welcome any additional information that would help us better understand your particular situation/circumstances and address those concerns as needed, so we encourage you to reach out to us at indeed@sofi.org. Either way, we greatly appreciate the honest feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Commitment from top down to achieving our goal as a company

Each work day at SoFi is different, which I enjoy because you never have a chance to become bored. The culture I find at SoFi is one where everyone seems to be motivated to truly achieve our goal of helping people achieve financial independence and Get Your Money Right! I have worked for 2 large national banks and never have I seen the commitment level from the top down to being the best as I have here at SoFi. One of the hardest parts of the job and I think the best is you can know that the work you are doing is helping SoFi truly become a leader in the banking/financial world. Are we perfect today, no. Will we ever be perfect, no. Will we be the BEST, I absolutely believe we can and will achieve this goal. Nothing I see can stop us.

Pros

Best CEO and leadership, bar none!

Cons

Lack of matching 401(k) but with a no cost option for health insurance for your entire family, you take the savings and apply it towards your own retirement savings.

March 18, 2021
First and foremost, thank you for being on this journey with us! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. The growth we're experiencing translates to a fast-paced environment where we are constantly learning, iterating, and innovating....so you're right, each day feels different! We believe our success is due to the incredibly passionate, dedicated employees (like you!) who are deeply committed to our mission and values. We are incredibly proud of the values our leaders stand for, and together we are on an incredible journey, helping to transform an industry that hasn't changed in decades!We know 401k matching is important to our employees, and will continue to keep it top of mind as we evolve our benefits offerings. We are always looking for ways we can improve, so if anything comes to mind, please share them with your manager, our People Team, or email us at indeed@sofi.org. We value your feedback so much. Thank you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoFi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SoFi.
Powered byComparably