Soft-Lite LLC Employee Reviews

Very horrible place to work.
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHOctober 30, 2018
I would only recommend if you have no other options. They don't care about employees or quality of products just push numbers no matter how flawed the window. Don't buy their Windows they are junk. Anything from window nation or castle Windows are poorly built with broken sashes to broken glass in your Windows and they send them to costumers knowing they are bad.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything there is a con
stressful cutthroat enviornment
Factory Assembler (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHOctober 23, 2018
Working mandatory overtime for months at a time short staffed. promises of raises and better job placements that never happen. not enough training to do your job plus poor management and untrained supervisors. Requires you to train employees and visiting employees without compensation or real skills to train. The one good thing is the day ends early (before5) and can get over-time if you need/want.
Pros
2 free traveling holidays
Cons
short breaks, limited training, poor management, constantly working short staffed, tempeature in the building hot when its hot outside cold when its cold
Overall good experience. I'd work there again.
Material Handler/Receiving Department (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHJuly 25, 2018
Liked the job. Didn't want to leave but was laid-off . Some very heavy lifting. Some cycle counts are difficult, but supervisor worked well w/ everyone. Overall good experience. I'd work there again.
Pros
Good teamwork, Ot
Cons
Heavy lifting, difficult cycle counts
very good place to work.
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHApril 23, 2018
Nice people and great place to work. Very fast paced environment. And the supervisors are all very nice. They offer really great benefits. And overall wonderful
Pros
bonus at Christmas
Cons
work a lot of hrs
A fun place to work
Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHJuly 16, 2017
Soft Lite is a good company that looks out for their employees, they have Christmas parties and barbecues for their employees and they promote within and we get bonuses at the end of the year.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
It can be hot in the summer
re-build tires
reteader (Former Employee) –  Summit County, OHJune 5, 2016
I learn how to work hard and play hard..I was a little younger then..But can always say that job show me what hard work was and still till today look back on what i was thought there..Everyone got along and worked together and made what ever the task was look easy.
Pros
enjoyed going to work
Cons
dirty job..come out of work black from tire dust..
Fast paced job that was once a decent place to work
Factory Line Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHFebruary 1, 2015
I was not pleased with how this job ended. I put a lot of time and loyalty into this company and was unfairly treated in the end. I did however learn a lot about becoming a team player, the ins and outs of window building and a lot of tips/hands on with how to be a successful manager/leader.
Pros
Early end time on a normal day
Cons
A lot of hours and uncomfortable heat especially in the summer time
Could be leading with technology but choose not to be
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 4, 2015
This was what I thought would be my take me to retirement job but it was not. Some of the employees I got to work with were acquired from our previous employer. We tried to suggest items that would make the company be more efficient based on what we had been using at our previous company but they were set in running thing as they always had. This will cost them many man hours that could have been allocated to other places within the company.
Cons
no clear expectations
Window Glazer (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHNovember 4, 2012
Check the log book for the amount of work we have than from there I would check with the glass company to make sure all my glass carts are in order and that my repair glasses here and if not than when would it be brought in. Than from there it should be smooth sailing from there.
Pros
got a good work out
Cons
took a long time to grow from within the company
Vinyl window manufacturer
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHOctober 18, 2012
Well organized, very clean facility.
Assembly line operation.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
inconsistant schedule