Soft Surroundings Employee Reviews

Soft Surroundings
Customer Service Support Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2018
"Soft" is a fast past environment with chances to earn commission. So employees are wonderful, But the managers and Supervisors do not allow for growth and the employees are underpaid.
Five years and still smiling
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 13, 2018
I've been a part of the Soft Surroundings Store Management team for five years. I'm happy to say I'm still smiling and enjoying my job. Retail is ever changing and often challenging. I've seen this company face those opportunities head on with many successes. Soft Surroundings offers a valuable workplace culture, solid benefits, high merchandise discounts, executive direct support and the best customers in the industry!
Pros
Passionate purpose driven leaders.
Cons
Retail managment can be stressful at times.
A growing and good company
IT Support and Change Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2018
It's difficult to describe a "typical" day at Soft Surroundings because in IT, it was seldom typical. Constant growth and technology challenges kept it exciting and interesting.
Going down hill
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2018
Management is a mess since the new president has come on board. Lot's of meetings and busy work.

Enjoyed working with my coworkers. Everyone is very nice and helpful. I learned alot during my time with the company.
Wasnt too bad.
Puller (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOAugust 1, 2018
Underpaid for the job, while mostly everyone else got paid more for doing far less work. If they made the pay a little more accommodating and able to live off of, I would still be there.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch.
Cons
Breaks too short, and workload too much for the pay.
work steady
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63132July 31, 2018
This place is a cool place to work with a grantee of 40hrs . You will learn to have soft skill while dealing with customers. The work environment is very diverse and accepting of all people.
rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2018
good company to work for, relaxed environment. management is poor. schedule flexible, vacation time is poor. centrally located by highways. call center environment
Wonderful working environment
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 1, 2018
Amazing training, awesome managment team, a real sense of team work and co-workers who really care about one another and their impact on their customers. Would work there again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Awesome discount
Making orders
Puller (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOMay 4, 2018
I walk around 20 miles a day pulling items to make a order. This job involves lots of walking and putting together a lot of orders and packing every order that comes through.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Okay for first fashion job
Assistant Designer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2018
Definitely gives perspective on how the fashion industry works. Not all fun. Very Catty culture. I wish people would pay attention to how they treat others and understand that we all have lives outside of work. Not a place for me for sure.
Work environment is unprofessional
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2018
This place is a joke.. management is horrible except for one. Work environment is horrible I don't recommend working for this company unless u like drama.
Cons
Soft Surroundings is a great company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 8, 2018
Soft Surroundings is a great company to work for. The Soft Surroundings workplace is pleasant and attractive. A typical day at work included some tasking, such as replenishing stock, but the most important duties were selling clothes, jewelry and accessories to women customers, and ringing up sales transactions on a computerized register. My Soft Surroundings manager was competent, well informed and kind. She was fair in her dealings with employees. Soft Surroundings provides a comfortable workplace culture with reasonable rules and regulations. Soft Surroundings attracts a strong clientele of good customers, and my interactions with the customers were the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Interactions with customers and creating wardrobes was fun.
Cons
Available hours in retail vary with the amount of traffic per season.
Growing company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 4, 2018
Great company and culture. Company is growing quick! Hope to see culture and benefits stay as great as they are and have been.
As a manager you have to be able to adapt to constant change while the company grows.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Too much change in beauty department
Horrible place to work
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 16, 2018
This place is mean and a disaster. I worked in Bellevue wa. Everyone was rude and competative. No support just blame and shame. Mean management. They are fake and will kick you out the front door as soon as you get comfortable. Cheap clothes from Asia. Do not work there!
Pros
Nice make up
Pleasurable work experience
P/T Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 31, 2018
Still employed part time. A pleasure to be at work every day. Enjoy working with customers, collaborating with staff, management. Very positive workplace culture. It is easy to be a self starter at Soft Surroundings, to follow through in helping customers find what they are looking for, be it, apparel, beauty, bedding, furniture, and on line orders. E Learning courses are excellent in helping associates to learn more about the Soft Surroundings culture. Highly recommend Soft Surroundings to anyone interested in developing strengths while having fun, in a highly productive work atmosphere.
Productive and relaxed workplace
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2018
Nice quiet environment. It was productive but at times it was very slow. Time off was given when needed as long as deadlines were met. Everyone is very nice and welcoming, they were always more than willing to help out. Company held activities often and there was always food. Compensation needs to be better depending on experience. Management needs to help when and where they are needed.
Pros
benefits, work-life balance
Cons
drama
Nice place to work
FULL TIME KEYHOLDER (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 18, 2018
Very nice place to work, growing at a rapid pace, Very good to their employees, good benefits, PTO time, 401K plan. Store managers are in charge and there is no micromanaging by DM's.
Worked as a store manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 27, 2017
I would definitely not recommend this company they totally lie about everything they say they're going to do that for you as an employee or a member of management they totally micromanage making it very confusing for staff people not even wanting to show up for work because of the way they are treated and misled very hostile work environment as well we did not call it soft surroundings we called it hostile surroundings very miserable place to be lots of fighting cussing yelling on the floor it clearly was in there employee handbook book that this activity is not tolerated by this company however as a manager I would complain about this to corporate with no resolution not even able to write someone up for their behavior so this caused a very very hostile work environment for all terrible place to work find somewhere else was also told as a member of management thought I would not be working overtime because it's all about life balance that was a joke I would work 14 days straight without even a lunch break awful awful company
Floor Manager
FULL TIME KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Shops of Britton Lake Glen Mills PAOctober 26, 2017
Store opens at 10am - 9pm
Company very good to employees
Make sure store ready for opening
Had reports and daily to do list and what goals everyone had to make
Reports at the end of day make deposit close store
Pros
Beautiful store nice atmosphere
Cons
hard to get off
Good job for someone retired!
Full Time- Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 6, 2017
Great job for someone who loves comfortable clothing, antiques but in a modern way, and great hospitality. If you loves those things work or shop here!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soft Surroundings. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight