Solai & Cameron Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time.
Technician (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 30, 2019
They contract you out for 32 hours per week, varied over 7 days, so they don't have to pay benefits. The company I was to be contracted with had a manager that contradicted the other manager in statements regarding the job. I was told a company vehicle would be provided to shadow another employee for training. The Service manager, at the last minute stated 'I don't provide the company van until your local storage and the van have been inventoried and reorganized by you and training is complete', He stated that he believed "the vehicle was a distraction from the training". The storage location was 40 miles from home, in another state, and I was to expect 2 to 3 weeks of driving my personal vehicle without compensation. All was last minute notice after background and drug screen passed.
Fujits
Don't waste your time.
Cons
Don't waste your time
Horrible company, poor management team, poor accounting team
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2019
This company falsely advertises jobs as full time with benefits when the jobs are part time and do not offer opportunity to join the company they are contracted with. The woman who so called runs the accounting department is beyond rude, she is not helpful or supportive at all. The so called HR people are two faced liars who are not interested in giving you what the position advertised but to do anything the employer wants from them. They expect you to be available 7 days a week for a part time job with no benefits.

I do not recommend this horrible organization to anyone, especially in Austin TX.
Pros
Cons
7 day a week availabilty for a 32 hr part time job, no benefits, no opportunity for permanent hire, low pay
It's a contract house
Remote Administration Agent (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 13, 2018
I worked for Fujitsu's contract with TJX stores. It was a lot of following directions and rote work. The job should have been a direct hire, because they controlled everything about the job.
Not a company to work for if you want peace of mind
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
S&C is a good company. They are serious about paying and providing help when you need it however they are subject to sudden changes in policies because of Fujitsu's declining market therefore things are changing all the time.
S&C works along with Fujitsu finding people around the country to be hired as full time contractors -forever- though they used to say that doing everything they wanted in 'their' perfect numbers would get you hired (as a Fujitsu employee but it was a myth). The environment can be good or bad depending of who will be your manager (the person checking after you - literally-). There are no incentives so you must stay motivated at all times. The people that will work with you are not your friends because they make their money when you don't work or when you get fired or you can't cover the area. Do not trust their advise. Watch your back at all times. The good side of it all; it will make your skin thicker and it may be the opening door for a better career. The good things are: You get to drive a good van, meet people and have fun -at times- if you keep it positive. The stress will come naturally and you will see that it may not be about technology or fixing things but all about dealing with attitudes and logistics (from Fujitsu). Stay strong,
If you work for another company other than Fujitsu it may be completely different, perhaps a better environment and future.. so S&C in this case would be a perfect company.
Pros
Weekly salary and learning new things all the time
Cons
Management and no future whatsoever.
Enjoyed my time there
Contract Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 30, 2017
They only hire for temporary jobs, but my time there was very enjoyable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would work for them again if it was offered to me.
Pros
Management was very easy to work with.
Cons
Temp job and benefits lacking.
It got me by.
Image Technician, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
It wasnt luxurious, but it got me through while lookig for other work. Orders dont have a scheduled frequency (at least not in Chicago), and the most valuable people who were productive have left. Its a good job if you really need it, but I wouldnt want or expect a long term commitment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solai & Cameron. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6