SOLANA BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

See reviews about
Great second job experience!
After School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Solana Beach, CAJuly 6, 2018
Enjoyed working with kids in this well organized after school program. Every day was different and fun. Themes of the week made lesson planning enjoyable.
Pros
working with kids, fun themes.
Cons
no availability for Summer
Love working in the schoold district
Child Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  Solana Beach, CANovember 1, 2017
It's great working with the students each day. The menu choices have gotten more healthy and there is a salad bar every day. The work atmosphere is friendly.
Good place to work.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Solana Santa FeOctober 26, 2017
Very fast paced, and always under staffed! Otherwise I really liked working there. It's a very small school district. We had many new items to learn but onced learned became easy.
Pros
Loved the school I worked at, very nice staff and children.
Cons
Director needs to hire more staff.
Wonderful School District
Computer Lab Instructor (Current Employee) –  Solana Beach, CAApril 8, 2016
Teaching in this district feels like you are part of a small family. Everyone is very kind and helpful. It has been the most rewarding job I have ever had, and anyone is fortunate if they get picked to work here.
Friendly and fun work place.
PE Instructional Aide III & 20% APE Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2016
I truly enjoy working here and wish I was full time. My current job responsibilities as an Adapted Physical Education Teacher and Physical Education Instructional Aide III include but are not limited too...
- Use instructional techniques to improve the student’s movement performance in gross motor skills, object control skills, fine motor skills, perceptual motor skills, physical fitness (strength, endurance, cardiovascular, and flexibility), functional skills, motor fitness (speed, power, agility, balance, and coordination), recreation, leisure and lifetime activities, sports and games skills, and dance.
- Assess and identify a child’s needs in the area of movement skills.
- Specially design developmentally age appropriate and standard driven programs to meet the unique needs of children with or without a disability, as well as lesson plans for the entire group.
- Meet with the appropriate parties to provide input and participate in IEP development and adherence. Consult and collaborate with teachers, aides, parents, administrators and other professionals.
- Demonstrate the ability to modify and adapt the environment and demands of the task to enable the student to participate in physical activity with non-disabled peers.
- Communicate physical education lesson plans and goals with every classroom teacher on a regular basis to help them meet the state mandated 200 minutes pf Physical Education every ten days.
- Collaborate weekly with fellow classroom teachers on the STEM (STREAM) initiative to dissect the standards and develop lessons for each grade level that reinforced
  more... the learning in the STREAM curriculum in the Physical Education environment.
- Inspect and review the activity area and equipment to ensure the physical education functions and activities are conducted in a safe and non-hazardous environment.
- Create, maintain and update a website for my physical education students and parents.
- Organize and run a fun filled field day for all grade level.
- Perform daily duties such as cross walk duty, lunch duty and recess duty.
Pros
Friendly and fun work place.
Cons
I currently do not have a full time position.
Fun, happy, challenging, tiring
Solana Vista Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Solana Beach, CAApril 16, 2015
Teach 4-9 year old what sports are, how you play them, why we have rules, how "fairness" works, to stay tough, and other life lessons we all can relate to while playing sports and being active.
Pros
Happy and fun environment
Cons
Short breaks, lots of sun exposure, very little professional development, no room for advancement
Great School!
Staff Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaMay 20, 2013
This is a great school and a very supportive environment. I really enjoyed my experience working there.
Pros
great staff
Cons
i don't have any cons
Great place to work!
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solana Beach, CAMarch 17, 2013
Working in the Solana Beach School District was a great experience for me. I was able to use my degree to the fullest. A typical day at work was to facilitate 6 or more therapy groups, consisting of articulation, language, ACC devices, and social. I learned how to plan and run each group on my own and report back to my Supervising SLP. Throughout my years in this district I had set goals for myself and was able to achieve every one.
Stressful work enviornment
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Solana Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2013
The staff and my boss did not support their employees. They did not focus on helping me further my career,
Pros
it was a rewarding job.
Cons
te staff did not support each other.