Solaris Hospice Employee Reviews

average company
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXOctober 4, 2018
stressful at times good nurses and support staff. not great chances for advancement in social services. great place to work for nurses.
Solaris did not take much interest in social workers but was very supportive in RN and Chaplains.
Very good to work there.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I still to this day recommend Solaris hospice as employment or for hospice care. This is a great company to work for, the benefits were good and the supervisors were great.
Pros
Getting to meet new patients and familes.
Cons
Working alot of hours a week.
The Job was a Blessing
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXAugust 13, 2018
This company was a pleasure to work for. They allowed for growth. They cared about their employees. Work environment was hectic but wonderful to work in.
Good
CNA (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Management could've been better, scheduling lacked, pay is decent, mileage rate could go up along with some more help. Overall decent company to work for.
overall a good company
RN (Former Employee) –  texasJune 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Solaris, the only draw back and the reason that I left was because of the lack of insurance. Very family oriented employer but also a lot of nepotism within the company.
It was short lived
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXMay 16, 2017
It was short lived, I hated to of had to go. But I was replaced by a family member and they no longer needed me. It was sad, but I was paid for the inconvenience it caused me. I had fun working there, helping the business and my supervisors family. I rode with the marketers, and met the nurses. I stayed in meetings, and organized the stock rooms.
Caring place
CASE MANAGER REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXApril 10, 2017
Very family orientated environment with caring staff. Work was great, loved the work. Very caring organization and management. Patient care is top priority.
poor management
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 17, 2017
My typical day was 4 to 5 home visits over large geographical area
then management required finishing day in office charting on phone
that could be done at home.
Poor management, leader did not have good people skills.
Culture was clannish.
Hardest part was call. I had call 7 days out of 14,
I loved all the people I saw in their home.
Cons
too many call days 7 call days of 14
Excellent company
Intake Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXJuly 10, 2016
Truly a company that not only loves their employee's but also their patients and families. Some days we begged the phone to ring and other days we were to busy to look up. I would not trade the experience I obtained working with Solaris.To be able to witness love/compassion and true medical talent all at the same time it was amazing.
Pros
Amazing company
Great Experience
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXDecember 29, 2015
I loved working at Solaris, they have great Nurses, and great Managment. I learned alot working with Patient care and would go back in a heartbeat.
Owners and staff have great knowledge and passion for pain and symptom management
Clinical Director/Asst Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TexasMarch 17, 2015
Start day with Devotional followed by morning meeting with clinicians/ review of previous day/oncall issues. I supervise some of the most talented and compassionate Clinical Leaders, field nurses, chaplains and social workers. I have learned that Hospice is the hardest job I have ever loved and that COMMUNICATION is the most important factor in superior patient/family care outcomes. The Most enjoyable times have been establishing relationships with patients/families/facilities and being trusted to travel the hospice journey with those families.
Pros
Christian based philosophies; Patient and family focused care.
Cons
poor benefit package
Great Company
Liaison/Marketer (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 6, 2013
I really enjoyed working for this company. The owners of the company have christian values and great work environment. I am grateful for the employment opportunity. I was treated with great respect, and have nothing but the kindest words to say about this company. It was my absolute favorite job.
fun and we worked hard together
C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXJanuary 24, 2013
didnt have on.how to care for the dying,ok,great,watching the sick pass,going home
a rewarding place to work, with great owners
Community Educator (Current Employee) –  Palestine, TXNovember 29, 2012
This was a marketing/community education position for a Hospice Agency. A typical day would be filled with building relationships with local healthcare providers, and educating the community about the hospice benefit. The goal was to acquire the most amount of referrals to our company as possible. The most rewarding part of this job was helping people pass peacefully without any pain, all the way ensuring they have the best last few days or minutes possible.The hardest part of this job, was the people that really needed our help, but weren't ready to "give up" and passed before we could help them or their families.
Pros
company car or mileage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solaris Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3