Solarity Credit Union Employee Reviews

bad company unless your frontline staff
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  yakimaJanuary 13, 2019
all good reviews you read on here if you notice are of tellers and other front line employees and those people make it seem all glamorous and joy full as they do not know what really goes in the background. The direction the company is aiming on being all digital is going to back fire on there faces. Not all folks want to do business online, but the so called gurus at the top believe so, and there is no convincing them other wise. If you dare disagree then you are looked upon as an outsider and push to the side.
benefits
Cons
hours worked, management
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 19, 2018
Solarity was a great place to work for many years. Management changed at the branch I was at several times. Tellers began to take over the branch. Tellers were being allowed to control who was hired, their age and much more. Several comments were made about my age. I knew there was nothing I was going to be able to do to stop this. The manager at the time was just not strong enough to put a stop to it after several times letting him know.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Great place to work! People are smart, fun, and creative!
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 6, 2018
Great place to work! Community involvement is a priority. Employees are smart, fun, and creative people!
Solarity has an overall positive culture and the day-to-day work environment reflects that. There is no workplace drama and people genuinely care about doing their jobs well, as well as helping their coworkers to do their jobs well!
Excellent Job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Toppenish, WAJuly 19, 2018
Solarity is an excellent place to work at. I always look forward to going in. You have a lot of opportunities to grow if that is what you wish to do. Coworkers become family members.
Fast paced environment with opportunity everywhere
Financial Guide (Current Employee) –  North FifthJune 19, 2018
What sticks out most about Solarity to me is the opportunities that we have for career development and advancement. They are always promoting from within and allow their staff to learn about other departments. It can get stressful, but I believe that the branches and departments work well and together during those stressful moments. Coworkers are always great. Highly recommend.
Pros
Job Opportunities, Teamwork, Growth, Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Great Company looking to the future
Employed (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 19, 2018
Upper Management has a lot of great ideas to stay relevant in this type of economy and fast paced tech driven world and that's exciting! If you can handle change then you'll be alright, and if you can't then this isn't the place for you. You have to be comfortable with changes at all levels, and truly believe in the company, and want to be a part of the changes. You will always be challenged, in a good way, to grow and think outside the box. We have some pretty cool plans for the near future and even further, and everybody is responsible for helping out. I think these are standards of a company that wants to be successful and wants to stay relevant. You won't find anything short of this at the FANGs. If you want to be a part of something really cool, then apply!
Pros
benefits, time-off, opps for advancement, training available, community involvement, opps to shift into other departments, work-life balance, work with some pretty cool intelligent people
Cons
sometimes we try to run before we can walk, but we're learning from that and adjusting now.
Top two people made all of the decisions on their own
VP - Lending Operations (Consumer, Business) (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 7, 2018
Great organization with the ability to capture the local market. My tenure there reflected a 43% growth in purchase money loans, while lowering the closing time down to 14 days to close from first docs entered into the pipeline.
Awesome Company
Guide (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 9, 2018
Solarity Credit Union is by far one of the best company's I have worked for. A lot has improved. From management to our benefits. Before I applied I heard a lot of negative feedback in regards to management but I have been here for 3 years now and never had an issue with management. This company gives their employees the opportunity to move up and progress! I mean even offering their employees an opportunity to get a full paid scholarship to banking school is awesome!
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, Pto
Think twice before applying
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 29, 2018
Management doesn’t listen to employees specifically the Contact Center. There’s a lot of favoritism and only certain people are held accountable while others can twiddle their thumbs at work all day. They don’t take open and honest communication very week. Departments don’t know how to communicate amongst each other let alone within a department. Overall, they put up a front about being team driven and positive. I would stay away from working for them.
Cons
No breaks, mediocre benefits, fake managers, lack of communication
They love to think they're awesome
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 11, 2018
Solarity is a good company with a lot of solid professionals. They seem to genuinely care about their members and are always looking to make improvements to their operation. Unfortunately, they don't always treat their people very well. Employees are fired or forced out ALL the time there, and many others leave voluntarily after a year or two because of the cutthroat — often, two-faced — approach managers take with their employees. One week: "You're doing great"; the next: "You're failing." If you value honesty and transparency with your superiors, you will likely be disappointed.

A lot of good people have gotten caught up in their idealism. They envision something "perfect" for a particular position, and if you don't fit into their box after a couple of months, they shuttle you out the door. Solarity loves to talk about its culture and community involvement, which are both great. But they often come up short on the employee relations side. Employees are evaluated on (literally) everything, and while some of the feedback is useful, you won't be allowed to stick around unless you completely conform. The higher-ups are trying to create a homogenous culture — rah rah meetings; weekly surveys; endless training; requiring you to wear a logo shirt or sweater every single day. But instead, the office ends up exuding an artificial, almost robotic appearance.

Again, lots of smart, fun people who work there. It can be a fun place to work, and the upper management team knows its stuff. Their philosophy fits with many people, but even the really good hires don't seem to last. Lots
  more... of stories are out there from former Solarity employees who had never failed at anything in their careers only to get bounced after just a few months. Fit into their box, learn how to read minds, and be careful who you talk to. Otherwise, a great place to work!  less
Pros
Friendly staff; strong company vision
Cons
Poor middle management; inconsistent evaluations; artificial vibe
In-between
Teller (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 8, 2017
the work life balance is great and you get to work with an amazing team! you always know you will never be off past 6:30(unless issues arise while balancing), you never really take your work home. I wish it was easier to get answers back when you reach out to upper management. I hate that we no longer get incentive bonuses, it was nice to get a random 100 extra a month because your branch did good. It also sucks that IF we get a bonus at the beginning of the year(rare) they tax you on it!!! so you only end up getting half of it after tax. Bonuses shouldn't be taxed :( I also wish pay and raises would be better. Minimum wage is close to being the same as starting pay for a teller. McDonalds pays almost the same and this is a bank!! that really sucks. So it would be great if they increased everyone's pay grades. Especially if you have worked your booty off and you don't get a good raise in return makes you not feel valued. But overall it is a good company to work with because I can always go home and relax and not stress about work at home and I always have time for my family. I would really hope they could expand in other states, it would be nice if someone one day wants to leave the state they could transfer and still have a job.
Pros
work/life balance, hours, culture
Cons
pay isn't great, no insentives or bonuses
Great Place to work
Financial Guide (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 25, 2017
I wish that we could expand in branches. Opening up more job opportunities for advancement all over the valley. Over al great place to work. Great pay and great management.
Cons
No incentives
Work your way up!
Financial Guide (Current Employee) –  Yakima,WAOctober 19, 2017
I was hired at Solarity as a teller with no previous banking experience. I have received continuous training, support and opportunities for growth since the time I was hired. I was promoted within my first 10 months of working for Solarity. I have been constantly encouraged and empowered to get out of my comfort zone to learn and try new things. I had no idea what truly loving the company you work for was like until I started working for Solarity.
Best place to work!!!
Engagement Center Guide (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 4, 2017
I love working here! From the top down, everyone is incredibly helpful, honest, transparent and fun. I couldn't ask for better management as I'm always encouraged and given many opportunities to advance in my career. Not only that, but the genuine care for people keeps me passionate about what I do- Simply the best.
Pros
Excting opportunity with amazing people and culture.
Cons
Nope!
Loan Servicer (Former Employee) –  Yakima Valley, WAAugust 9, 2017
Need better management. Manager that actually helps the employees, and at the same time gives them support. Not works against them. Someone that is a working manager, not a delegator. Also a manager that doesn't text all day, with there office door shut.
Pros
Not working there anymore
only a class
Student Teller (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 29, 2017
I loved working in the bank. The people i worked with were great. i learned a lot taking that class and it has helped me as an adult. it taught me how to be on time and just to be responsible.
Couldn't have asked for a better place to work
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 15, 2017
The culture of Solarity is what really drew me in to want to become part of this great organization. It truly is all about the employees and the members that we serve. The administration team (from CEO on down) are transparent in the direction of the Credit Union with each and every team member. This is a very innovative place to work as they are always finding ways to improve efficiencies and using technology in order to make my life easier. They truly are a cut above most financial institutions and are serious when they say they want to be "the #1 digital Credit Union". Every staff member knows each other by name and are friendly and kind and every department seems to exude positivity. The best place I have ever worked by far. I will retire here for sure!
Pros
Community Focused, Positive, Efficient, Fun
Great Culture & Great Co-workers!
Financial Guide (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 13, 2017
Wow! I have been blown away by the culture at Solarity! The ability to be member and employee focused is a balance that can be difficult to achieve, but they have done it! Solarity encourages employees to go above and beyond for members and coworkers, this starts at the highest levels of the organization. Recognition happens daily as the entire organization is encouraged to recognize coworkers who provide extraordinary service to the members and to each other. Solarity promotes from within and encourages employees who have interest in different areas to pursue those areas on the clock, even if they have never worked in that department before. They put together development plans for interested employees that create paths for advancement and continued learning. Solarity is clearly never satisfied, as the leadership is always trying new ideas and researching “what’s next”. Whether it’s creating an “Engagement Center” for the members or building a gym in branch for the employee’s to use, Solarity is all about improving the lives it comes into contact with. If you are considering applying, do it, but know that they are picky, they only want the best cultural fit. They figure people can learn the nuts and bolts of credit union processes, but it’s hard to teach cultural fit.
Pros
Advancement Possibilities, Support for trying new carreer paths, benefits & compensation.
Great culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 22, 2016
Good company that cares for both employees and customers. Great benefits and opportunities for advancement. Company needs to improve on training.
Proud to be a Solarian!
Mortgage Loan Origination Assistant (Current Employee) –  Selah, WANovember 21, 2016
Solarity offers so many ways to be involved in our community and organization. I have never seen an organization with more involved members of our community. I’m honored to be a part of such a giving organization that truly cares.

Solarity invests in the development of you. In just under two years I have gained more knowledge than I ever thought was possible in such a short time. They offer you the ability to grow and develop your skills and career.

At Solarity I have a sense of belonging, my job actual makes a difference to this organization. I’m empowered by my manager and co-workers to tackle new projects and challenging situations with ease.
Pros
Benefits, growth within the company, culture, locations, work flexibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solarity Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Solarity Credit Union Reviews by Location