Solarity Credit Union

Solarity Credit Union Employee Reviews

United States41 reviews
Very tightly managed. ambitious and competitive place to work. They are in a major digital transformation and well on their way to becoming an internet financial institution. This is not your typical traditional credit union.
Pros
they entertain new ideas constantly
Cons
very close management
Solarity is an excellent company for someone who wants to be in an innovative culture. Your opinion matters and is listened to. Our team consists of excellent people who care.
June 17, 2020
Thank you for your great feedback! We value our employees and believe loving your job is important. It is great to hear that you feel supported to find express your opinion and that you feel listened to. We too like to think we have an excellent, caring team!
When I heard the saying "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life" I didn't really believe it. But, I do now. The people I work with make my work here easy and fun. Don't get me wrong though, there is still a lot of work to go around. But, the culture here makes it so the work not so stressful. My boss is AMAZING! She is very understanding and always pushes me to learn and grow. Besides my coworkers, I really like having the satisfaction of assisting members. You may not think you will have an impact on someone's life but, you will here. It is a very rewarding company to work for. I feel valued and appreciated!
August 27, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We always love hearing about the things that are going right, and that management is supporting our frontline employees to ensure our members are receiving extraordinary service. We are grateful to have employees that feel the same!
Promises made and never happened. Company strategy was always changing, adequate tools for success were not provided but production was always top priority.
August 27, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly striving to improve our member and employee relations, and never want to fall short. If you have any concerns or specific examples you feel that we could use to better improve the employee experience, the HR department would appreciate that information! Feel free to reach out to the team any time, and we will happily get this to the right person.
all good reviews you read on here if you notice are of tellers and other front line employees and those people make it seem all glamorous and joy full as they do not know what really goes in the background. The direction the company is aiming on being all digital is going to back fire on there faces. Not all folks want to do business online, but the so called gurus at the top believe so, and there is no convincing them other wise. If you dare disagree then you are looked upon as an outsider and push to the side.
benefits
Cons
hours worked, management
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Solarity was a great place to work for many years. Management changed at the branch I was at several times. Tellers began to take over the branch. Tellers were being allowed to control who was hired, their age and much more. Several comments were made about my age. I knew there was nothing I was going to be able to do to stop this. The manager at the time was just not strong enough to put a stop to it after several times letting him know.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Great place to work! Community involvement is a priority. Employees are smart, fun, and creative people!
Solarity has an overall positive culture and the day-to-day work environment reflects that. There is no workplace drama and people genuinely care about doing their jobs well, as well as helping their coworkers to do their jobs well!
Solarity is an excellent place to work at. I always look forward to going in. You have a lot of opportunities to grow if that is what you wish to do. Coworkers become family members.
What sticks out most about Solarity to me is the opportunities that we have for career development and advancement. They are always promoting from within and allow their staff to learn about other departments. It can get stressful, but I believe that the branches and departments work well and together during those stressful moments. Coworkers are always great. Highly recommend.
Pros
Job Opportunities, Teamwork, Growth, Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Upper Management has a lot of great ideas to stay relevant in this type of economy and fast paced tech driven world and that's exciting! If you can handle change then you'll be alright, and if you can't then this isn't the place for you. You have to be comfortable with changes at all levels, and truly believe in the company, and want to be a part of the changes. You will always be challenged, in a good way, to grow and think outside the box. We have some pretty cool plans for the near future and even further, and everybody is responsible for helping out. I think these are standards of a company that wants to be successful and wants to stay relevant. You won't find anything short of this at the FANGs. If you want to be a part of something really cool, then apply!
Pros
benefits, time-off, opps for advancement, training available, community involvement, opps to shift into other departments, work-life balance, work with some pretty cool intelligent people
Cons
sometimes we try to run before we can walk, but we're learning from that and adjusting now.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Solarity Credit Union?
Great organization with the ability to capture the local market. My tenure there reflected a 43% growth in purchase money loans, while lowering the closing time down to 14 days to close from first docs entered into the pipeline.
Solarity Credit Union is by far one of the best company's I have worked for. A lot has improved. From management to our benefits. Before I applied I heard a lot of negative feedback in regards to management but I have been here for 3 years now and never had an issue with management. This company gives their employees the opportunity to move up and progress! I mean even offering their employees an opportunity to get a full paid scholarship to banking school is awesome!
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, Pto
Management doesn’t listen to employees specifically the Contact Center. There’s a lot of favoritism and only certain people are held accountable while others can twiddle their thumbs at work all day. They don’t take open and honest communication very week. Departments don’t know how to communicate amongst each other let alone within a department. Overall, they put up a front about being team driven and positive. I would stay away from working for them.
Cons
No breaks, mediocre benefits, fake managers, lack of communication
Solarity is a good company with a lot of solid professionals. They seem to genuinely care about their members and are always looking to make improvements to their operation. Unfortunately, they don't always treat their people very well. Employees are fired or forced out ALL the time there, and many others leave voluntarily after a year or two because of the cutthroat — often, two-faced — approach managers take with their employees. One week: "You're doing great"; the next: "You're failing." If you value honesty and transparency with your superiors, you will likely be disappointed.

A lot of good people have gotten caught up in their idealism. They envision something "perfect" for a particular position, and if you don't fit into their box after a couple of months, they shuttle you out the door. Solarity loves to talk about its culture and community involvement, which are both great. But they often come up short on the employee relations side. Employees are evaluated on (literally) everything, and while some of the feedback is useful, you won't be allowed to stick around unless you completely conform. The higher-ups are trying to create a homogenous culture — rah rah meetings; weekly surveys; endless training; requiring you to wear a logo shirt or sweater every single day. But instead, the office ends up exuding an artificial, almost robotic appearance.

Again, lots of smart, fun people who work there. It can be a fun place to work, and the upper management team knows its stuff. Their philosophy fits with many people, but even the really good hires don't seem to last. Lots
 - more...
Pros
Friendly staff; strong company vision
Cons
Poor middle management; inconsistent evaluations; artificial vibe
the work life balance is great and you get to work with an amazing team! you always know you will never be off past 6:30(unless issues arise while balancing), you never really take your work home. I wish it was easier to get answers back when you reach out to upper management. I hate that we no longer get incentive bonuses, it was nice to get a random 100 extra a month because your branch did good. It also sucks that IF we get a bonus at the beginning of the year(rare) they tax you on it!!! so you only end up getting half of it after tax. Bonuses shouldn't be taxed :( I also wish pay and raises would be better. Minimum wage is close to being the same as starting pay for a teller. McDonalds pays almost the same and this is a bank!! that really sucks. So it would be great if they increased everyone's pay grades. Especially if you have worked your booty off and you don't get a good raise in return makes you not feel valued. But overall it is a good company to work with because I can always go home and relax and not stress about work at home and I always have time for my family. I would really hope they could expand in other states, it would be nice if someone one day wants to leave the state they could transfer and still have a job.
Pros
work/life balance, hours, culture
Cons
pay isn't great, no insentives or bonuses
I wish that we could expand in branches. Opening up more job opportunities for advancement all over the valley. Over al great place to work. Great pay and great management.
Cons
No incentives
I was hired at Solarity as a teller with no previous banking experience. I have received continuous training, support and opportunities for growth since the time I was hired. I was promoted within my first 10 months of working for Solarity. I have been constantly encouraged and empowered to get out of my comfort zone to learn and try new things. I had no idea what truly loving the company you work for was like until I started working for Solarity.
I love working here! From the top down, everyone is incredibly helpful, honest, transparent and fun. I couldn't ask for better management as I'm always encouraged and given many opportunities to advance in my career. Not only that, but the genuine care for people keeps me passionate about what I do- Simply the best.
Pros
Excting opportunity with amazing people and culture.
Cons
Nope!
Need better management. Manager that actually helps the employees, and at the same time gives them support. Not works against them. Someone that is a working manager, not a delegator. Also a manager that doesn't text all day, with there office door shut.
Pros
Not working there anymore
I loved working in the bank. The people i worked with were great. i learned a lot taking that class and it has helped me as an adult. it taught me how to be on time and just to be responsible.
The culture of Solarity is what really drew me in to want to become part of this great organization. It truly is all about the employees and the members that we serve. The administration team (from CEO on down) are transparent in the direction of the Credit Union with each and every team member. This is a very innovative place to work as they are always finding ways to improve efficiencies and using technology in order to make my life easier. They truly are a cut above most financial institutions and are serious when they say they want to be "the #1 digital Credit Union". Every staff member knows each other by name and are friendly and kind and every department seems to exude positivity. The best place I have ever worked by far. I will retire here for sure!
Pros
Community Focused, Positive, Efficient, Fun