Solenis Employee Reviews

Stong workplace ethic
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 15, 2018
Very good company to work for. Working in the field allowed very autonomous working conditions and very good support from team management. Very good training modules and a huge amount of safety emphasized.
Pros
Work schedule autonomy, company car, team co-workers
Cons
Amount of time necessary to complete computer work was often performed during the evening
Dying company after spin-off from Ashland
Product Manager and Account Manager (Former Employee) –  AmericasAugust 5, 2018
Ashland Specialty Chemicals spun-off Solenis to remove all of the paper and industrial chemicals after a purchase of Hercules Chemicals. Solenis is in a spiral of doom, as no investments are being made and management continues to be reduced.
Pros
Senior, knowledgeable people that are retiring
Cons
No future for company
Punished for Extra Skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 19, 2018
When in customer service with Solenis, having an extra skill set was not utilized as an asset, but rather a punishment. You have no room to move out of your role as long as you've proven yourself good at it. In my personal experience, management would sabotage your interest in moving across departments or any advancement upward so as to not have to worry about replacing you. I definitely feel as though 3 years of my professional experience was stifled during my time at Solenis.
productive
IMPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 5, 2018
communicating with overseas working with the brokers to make sure material is imported in compliance with the law. Learned a lot about the boarders of the USA. Hardest part of the jobs was making sure items arrived on time.
Pros
well paid, learning
Cons
the company moved
stressful and chaotic place to work
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 22, 2018
Workload increasing for years but few new hires are not enough to replace those laid off fired or moved on, in all departments, resulting in more work for fewer people. "Raises" don't cover inflation, even with positive performance reviews. Metrics for bonus and changing goalposts mid-year make payout essentially impossible, demotivating employees. Burnout is common, very high sales turnover and lost business, chaotic focus on too many things desperate for a win. Too many internal meetings, leadership team is inexperienced in industrial water and don't have vision beyond copying major competitors. No opportunities for advancement, very discouraging environment and low morale, I do not recommend working here.
Pros
there are still some good people here, fewer each year
Cons
bad healthcare, no raises, unrealistic expectations, unfair metrics
Challenging, but could be rewarding
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TXMay 6, 2018
Pros & Cons, but generally a good place.
Long hours if you want to be effective
Management is sometimes distant
Fairly well rewarded for efforts, yet not good recognition of day to day efforts
Pros
Job perks
Cons
not good work/life balance
Most of my years there were fun and productive. With time for volunteerism
Senior Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 31, 2018
Solenis is a good company to work for. I was in some of the best groups to work with and for. Many innovative formulations and procedures. While at Solenis (formally Hercules and Ashland) I worked for some of the smartest people in my lifetime.
Solenis is a very professional company.
Account Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 17, 2018
Solenis is a very professional company. The majority of the sales team have an engineering or chemical background. While they are focused on increasing sales for the company it is through production solutions with Solenis products not just volume selling.
management
Chemical operator 111 (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 27, 2017
management makes your work harder then it should be, because they don't know what there doing ///////////////,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,''''''''''''''I have nothing else to say
Pros
the pay
Cons
everthing else
High Stress, Little Reward
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 20, 2017
I have been in this position for a year and a half now, and can say there is no advancement opportunities in sight. The company's upper management is solely concerned with going public, with little care about its workers as it gets to that goal. Their mismanagement causes many issues with sales and the supply chain, and unfortunately, Customer Service bears the brunt of the backlash. This has caused a high turnover rate in both Customer Service and sales.
Pros
good benefits/pay
Cons
High Stress, Negative culture.
Decent place to work, good salary & benefits
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 26, 2017
Overall good place to work. The salary & benefits were good. Hours were long & lack of lead time & last minute changes made the job stressful. Also, the job was way too manual which contributed to the long hours.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Long hours, high stress
Budget Analyst
Client Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 22, 2017
My function was to contact vendors & update contracts to prevent from exceeding their IT department's budget.

I was charged to work with minimal supervision but was able to complete the contract assignment before schedule.
Pros
Cons
Management & Lack of direction
My daily work.
ServiceNow Developer/Admin (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 25, 2017
Office work comprised of helping my supervisor with information passage. All my collaborators were extremely friendly. The activity was never excessively troublesome insofar as you're not hesitant to make inquiries. As a part of developing modules and to meet the requirements we need to interact with employers. Working with the mine destinations and their various rules and regulations was the most troublesome part.
Friendly coworkers and interesting work experiences
Intern (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 5, 2017
The typical day alternated between office work and field work. Office work consisted of assisting my supervisor with data entry. All my coworkers were extremely friendly. Field work involved taking water samples and selling products to the mine sites. The job was never too difficult as long as you're not afraid to ask questions. The people were definitely the best part of the job. Working with the mine sites and their numerous rules and regulations was the most difficult part.
Pros
Flexible hours, company provided lunch
Cons
Often working in extreme climates
Good Employees
Operator (Former Employee) –  Courtland, VAMay 11, 2017
Good employees. Nice work environment. The employees know their job and are willing to help in any way that they can. Great location. Hours of work were flexible
No longer in Dublin.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 2, 2017
Solenis is the Water Division that was formerly a part of Ashland Inc. Not much to say. They did a mass lay- off and jobs were relocated globally. I feel like the last two years were a waste of time. From what I understand the power that be never planned on staying in Dublin from the get go. So much of the talented staff 's time wasted.
Pros
Great for self-starter, laid back environment, great work/life balance.
Cons
Closed Dublin Campus, high insurance deductables.
blah
accounting (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Solenis is in the process of outsourcing jobs to India and Poland. Riddled with nothing but errors and issues. They claim this wasn't to save money - which i guess it couldn't have been considering they are so incredibly top heavy in the corporate office now. Look elsewhere!
Pros
nothing
Cons
literally everything. sinking ship
Working for the future
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, NJFebruary 11, 2017
They are looking to expand sales and continue to organize the business to achieve their goals. I do feel that they will get there but there were several reorganizations and management changes that created time and effort on getting people on board or replacing them as needed. I believe this caused some very talented and valuable people to leave the company but was seeing new leadership and ideas being brought in. A good balance was still being worked on.
Pros
Compensation
Good Summer Experience
Technical Sales Account Intern (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 10, 2017
I was an intern for Solenis and they had a great program to develop skills and learn under qualified employees. I learned a lot and the account manager was great.
fine
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 18, 2016
Fine work. Similar to all technical sales rolls. Enjoyed my time with solenis. Location was the main reason for switching companies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solenis. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight