Solera Employee Reviews

Productive place to work at .
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
During my time at solera I managed to pick up many job skills . Those skills included job responsibility, leadership, and a hard work ethic . I had no problems or hardships while working at the facility. It was an all around great experience.
I worked here for a week, with disastrous results
Something (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 23, 2018
I worked here for a week. I was informed that I would be doing one thing, and it turned to be another, (i was actually told it was never supposed to be for that, and i was only meant to work for them in a catastrophe based setting when it was two weeks in advance, and they would’ve had no idea about any coming hurricanes, then I would’ve gotten a more permanent role) this was but one of many red flags. I also waited for three days before they thought it strange that I hadn’t received any phone calls.
Pros
None that i saw
Cons
What do you think?
Avoid at all cost.
FP&A (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Poor management, unrealistic expectations, no work like balance, there are groups that don't face these same pressures. There is a reason for the high attrition, but don't want to take actions to changes.
Pros
Free Food
Open enviroment
Parts Exchange Network Department-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 7, 2018
Free breakfast and lunch, snacks beverages, supervisor in Mexico, lack of leadership. Was not brief on what my position until after I started position, training was comprehensive. position changed but no training on new position. language barrier
Pros
free breakfast, lunch snacks
Cons
healthcare
Some good, mostly bad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYAugust 30, 2018
Depending on the platform you get stuck on, your day could be obnoxiously busy, or obnoxiously slow. There is no in between. They advertise a higher wage than you actually earn. You start at $10 in Paducah. Only recently did that add a "skill based pay" system. You only get a 50 cent raise for each platform you learn. However it is unfair as some platforms are not allowed to cross-train. One of my coworkers has worked here for almost 20 years and has never been promoted and has not gotten a raise in over 13 years. Although most of the employees are rather friendly, the administration couldn't find their own rears unless you put their hand on it. Point out a problem and they will ignore it for as long as possible. Once the problem grows too large to be contained, they pawn the blame off to the first person they see. Show them how to solve the problem, they will ignore it in favor of a half-baked solution that doesn't actually solve the problem. Although your weekly schedule does not vary as far as what days you work and from what time (which does make planning ahead a bit easier) your break times are inconsistent and although they advertise for hour lunches, that is a rare occurrence. Although most of the immediate supervisors are rather friendly, their supervisors will throw you under the bus with no problems and don't care for the needs of their employees. By the time the bureaucracy has played through, any requests put in by employees would have expired or the needs would no longer be there. I once had someone in the scheduling department tell me up front that they had completely  more... forgotten about a PTO request I put in 2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE! It wasn't until the day before I was supposed to take time off that they even acknowledged my request and multiple follow up emails (one of which, I got in trouble for by my supervisor's supervisor because I, a lowly peon, dared to try and speak with an admin. To sum it up, if you consider working hear, I sincerely hope that you have supplementary income that meets your cost of living because this job simply does not do so.  less
Pros
Regular Weekly Schedule, mostly friendly employees
Cons
Low wages, lousy administration, poor management, no raises
I wouldn’t work here
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJuly 30, 2018
As many calls you take .. they only give you 30 min breaks !! The pay is not 13.50 .. it’s 12 .. the women there are very nasty and disrespectful ... they are always starting drama and trying to run game on the manager !!! The manager allow the women there to wear short dresses that are in mid thigh but won’t let anyone wear shorts that’s pass the knee ... The managers and sups time you for everything ... if you go over your breaks they will email you and log you out of your phones !!! They don’t care about you at all ... the calls are BACK to BACK with no break in between .... this is a stressful place to work at !!
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Nasty women
Circus of hate mongers and poor management!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 30, 2018
You are free to dismiss my comments as if they were to come from the usual petty rant of a ‘disgruntled employee’ or you can read it and judge for yourself. Let it be known that I have never written anything like this before, knowing full well that there are a lot of good people working at this place but just like me gets trampled on daily!

At no time in my career have I experienced such a hostile environment at the detriment of employees (and customers) who want quality as being part of their work.

Since I have started my employment there, I consistently applied the highest standards in Customer Service and went above-and-beyond the call of duty regarding what I call ‘Wowing the Customer.’ Apparently management is not interested in providing quality, since quality is “quantifiable”, as in the quantity of calls taken vs. the quality of support (and by support I use that term jokingly because the training you get is just that).

Within a few weeks, I would find it increasingly unreasonable to keep up with management’s demands to keep the calls within minutes. Minutes barely gets you to ‘Hello, how are you and what is the problem?’

After a couple of months my supervisor pulls me out of the queue for five minutes to tell me that I was late 1 minute during my fifteen minute break and two minutes late during my 30 minute lunch another day of another month. That was shocking. They couldn’t possibly be serious!! Yes they were!!

My supervisor one day came to my desk to also tell me to refrain from eating together with my colleagues; reason being we were the opposite
  more... sex? Their reasoning for this is just way too stupid to even try to put into a logical description trust me on that. I couldn’t believe it. What had I done wrong now? My coworkers and I would find it really ridiculous and petty since lunch wasn’t even paid for and that was suppose to be OUR time which is was not because the higher ups kept coming in to talk to you about the job while you were off the clock (which was one of the reasons why I was a minute late getting back to my post). After fighting it over, we grudgingly complied because at the time I needed the job so I put up with the abuse!

Another major issue is the fact that most of the "bosses" really had no clue what they were doing! Every single time I had a weird issue emerge that was out of the realm of the quality training I received (pppfff that was major sarcasm by the way) they literally told me to just handle it (which was even recorded in the phone call with them in the background) so when I did just that - later on during the week I would get pulled out of the queue once again to tell me, "I am writing you up for mishandling this phone call!" They proceeded to let me listen to the call and low and behold, "Their voice in the background telling me to JUST HANDLE IT!" When I pointed this out I got the cold shoulder and a write up! I went to the next level to battle my case but of course it fell on deaf ears!

I could seriously write and entire book of how bad this place is and the poor quality treatment the employees gets! If you do decide to work here let it be merely your TEMP in and out job to get you by to a more serious better paying one because spending anymore time than that at this CRAPTASTIC call center would be ludicrous!
Pros
Not one thing.
Cons
The list is truly endless.
Horrible place that does not care.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 24, 2018
Literally walked in and let every person working through a temp agency go, for no reason.
Most unorganized group of management I have ever encountered. Sitting for long periods of time, because your information is not inputted into the computer system. Can't seem to get their ducks in a row, and literally how many times do you have to be told how to tab through DOS? Obviously 1.5 days, if you cannot use a computer you shouldn't apply in the first place.
They do not care about you at all, and training is exceptionally dull, boring and inanely repetitive. Not sure how anyone survives this place.
Run dont walk
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 16, 2018
What can I say which has not been said already. Massive favoritism if you aren’t their friend you are not advancing. Even if they aren’t even qualified for the position.
Lots of drama and rumors going around yet management does nothing to stop it. So many bad apples in which they refuse to fire and so many good workers they are only too happy to get rid of. You can never do a good enough job for them because in some way shape or form management will find a way to undercut you.
Management finds creative ways to fire employees in ways you can’t believe. Very hypocritical they say no use of phones yet management is using their phones. Basically do as I say not as I do attitude. I’m good.
Pros
You got a job
Worst Jobs Ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJuly 8, 2018
They lied in the interview process about pay and bonus incentives. They try to keep you by ordering free food and free snacks. The workers are dirty and you can’t bring doctors notes. Not allowed to call out for 90 days and they still give you points regardless of your situation. They are heartless and do not care.
Pros
Free food, overtime, snacks are free as well
Cons
It wasn't worth the work I put into it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 29, 2018
You're taught what you need to do, and then you do it. But you are randomly asked or made to learn other platforms without being compensated for the extra work. When you have an issue, there have been multiple occasions of management saying it's not their problem, and not bothering to move the question on to someone that can assist.

There is also a lot of favorite picking. Even if your work is good, if someone higher up doesn't like you, you can bet that you'll be overlooked for opening positions, which are few and far in between.

I wanted to like this job, I had great friends and great relationships. I learned nearly all of the platforms in the building, but wasn't compensated for the extra work. The only time you can make more money is if you go to overnights or work on the weekends.

If the company cared more about the employees and what they needed to live off of this job, the turn over rate wouldn't be so high.
Pros
Decent starting pay and paid training.
Cons
No advancement.
Lack of Advancement
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 15, 2018
Good place to work, but got tired of the lack of advancement. It is a little disorganized, so work progression is a challenge. People are great to work with though, however some drama could be avoided, but that tied to some-what-poor management. I did enjoy my time there.
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 5, 2018
It’s a very good place to work. Work environment is very peaceful . And also they help you maintain balance at work and home. Learnt a lot and hope to use it towards my carrier.
Ridiculous company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 1, 2018
I haven’t worked at Lynx for a year yet and it’s terrible. There is absolutely no way to advance unless you have been there for a decade. The supervisors have little to no experience in management and are very hypocritical. Supervisors are very good at letting you know everything you do wrong and very little about what you’re doing right. The benefits of working for Lynx are minimal to none. The other CSR’s are very nice mainly because they deal with the same situations as you everyday. Other than that, if you like dealing with rude people on the phones and typing all day with very few breaks, as well as inexperienced supervisors, this is the job for you.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Management and pay
Toxic
OCEO (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Draws in the best of the best however you learn quickly it's toxic with zero work to life balance. Average tenure is 1 year! Solera is literally a 24/7 expectation culture...in every department. Continuing fluctuations of job responsibilities and expectations.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Loss of personal life.
Dreaded going to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 27, 2018
Very stressful and demanding. Management is absolutely horrendous, hostile work environment. Hard work, very little appreciation. Point system for attendance is horrific. Management cares nothing about the employees, only about the claims.
Pros
Desk job
Cons
They take your hr lunches whenever they want to and they don't care about their employees at all
Great Fast paced environment.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Worked with many technically inclined employees and Brilliant businessmen that made the company grow to 9 billion dollars in 10 short years.Too bad they moved to a different State.
Pros
I enjoyed working for Solera for almost 10 yrs
Cons
Company grew too fast and grew out of California :)
Poor Management
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2017
This company has very poor management. They have little to no follow up training. They have brought in 3 new VP's in the past year. Commission plan is lacking.
Horrible management and lack of career advancements.
Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 26, 2017
Accounting is horrible. They couldn't keep people employed. They hired a massive amount of people and got a lot of bad apples that they wouldn't fire.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Management. No raises. Lack of career advancement
Avoid like the plague
Material Damage Appraiser (Former Employee) –  homeOctober 20, 2017
If you are a adjuster/appraiser/estimator stay away they force you to review incomplete files and sign off.
They are about the claim count not the carrier or the customer.
This will get a licensed adj into a bit of trouble.
Couldn't leave fast enough.
If they didn't have backing from their other entities they would have been out of business along time ago
(BTW this wasn't an every now and then occurrence, it was all day every day)
Pros
work from home
Cons
idiocy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solera. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3